Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Patriot FDI 150k+ miles
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks haha. I’ve put a lot of work to keep it working. I have some rear suspension/bearing stuff to work on. The only two things Im a bit concerned about is the funky down shift (hoping the transgo shift kit fixes that) and when everything is hot after a drive, It bangs/knocks going into reverse. Gonna try replacing the drive shaft.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,212 Posts
Or steering with his knees. Haven't you ever done that? Coffee in one hand, donut in the other?
I drove from San Diego to Buffalo with my cruise control set and steering with my knees. probably drove like that 85-90% of the time. That was wayyyyy back when I had my '88 Thunderbird.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,212 Posts
2000 miles of steering with your knees? And everybody calls me the crazy one, lol.
Lots of long, straight highways. I got pulled over in Nebraska for going 102mph on that trip, back when the speed limit was still only 55. Ended up with a ticket for having tinted windows, lol.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Patriot FDI 150k+ miles
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Didn't realize this would get so much attention lol. I was steering with my knees on a straight country road in North Carolina, and only for that one moment to catch the 150k haha.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks haha. I’ve put a lot of work to keep it working. I have some rear suspension/bearing stuff to work on. The only two things Im a bit concerned about is the funky down shift (hoping the transgo shift kit fixes that) and when everything is hot after a drive, It bangs/knocks going into reverse. Gonna try replacing the drive shaft.
Hi, let us know how the Transgo shift kit works out. I haven't seen any comments about it on a patriot yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts