Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I've had my jeep for over a year now and I have to say this is by far the best upgrade I've ever done to my car. Basically like having an ipad in your car lol

It's super badass, check out my review video on youtube to see all the features!

olllllo

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys! I've had my jeep for over a year now and I have to say this is by far the best upgrade I've ever done to my car. Basically like having an ipad in your car lol

It's super badass, check out my review video on youtube to see all the features!

olllllo

View attachment 92869
That looks sick! What year is your Patriot and did you do the full install yourself?

·
Registered
47 Posts

olllllo

View attachment 92869

Hey!! Thank you for this review. One of the reasons why I went ahead and purchased one!

I am having trouble connecting my steering wheel controls do you know how to reestablish the connection?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey!! Thank you for this review. One of the reasons why I went ahead and purchased one!

I am having trouble connecting my steering wheel controls do you know how to reestablish the connection?
Did you get the controls to function? Where did you purchase this?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did you get the controls to function? Where did you purchase this?

No, I have not had the time to go back into the stereo and see what is going on.
I purchased this from Aliexpress.
Do you have an idea of what might be going on?

·
Registered
25 Posts
No, I have not had the time to go back into the stereo and see what is going on.
No. I am not familiar at all with it. Did you try Googling the install of the control portion? I actually wantd to know if it was on the up and up. Never heard of Aliexpress but I did see that the prices are about half of the Teyes website. Long delivery date though. Would you buy it again knowing what you have? I appreciate your input. Thanks

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
962 Posts
Did you happen to get a pic of what was included in the box? Did it come with a CAN bus adapter?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Actually, I did not!

I will do that now. However, I will not have time to dive in and check what is going not until 2 weeks from now. So far its pretty fast and responsive I have my blue tooth hooked up and works just fine. Beautiful screen.

It arrived in the states pretty fast. I ordered it at the beginning of October and arrived 3 weeks-after impressive considering it's coming from Singapore. And yes prices are cheaper than what he posted? not sure what is the difference between his website and Ali express? It is probably the same radio.

Knowing what I know now? Probably not, but if I can figure out the steering wheel control then that will change my answer to yes

ANOTHER plus for this radio is that the screen is built-in with the fascia (which is pretty genius as none of the aftermarket radios in the state offer that). Another thing, It is a beautiful screen, very responsive, fast, and looks like I have a tesla screen in my car 😂.

My issue with this radio for me right now is not reliability (because it is super reliable) but is the deficit of the steering wheel control, the use of a mobile hotspot to access google maps/Waze (Like he also mentioned in the video), and not being able to access either android auto or carplay

But you can easily find a 7inch aftermarket radio here in the states with carplay/andriod auto

Sometimes "bigger" isnt better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did you happen to get a pic of what was included in the box? Did it come with a CAN bus adapter?
I wrote a review in the "what have you done in your jeep today" with pictures included and contents included in the box
Like it so I can know that you found my post.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
962 Posts
With my XTRONS Android head unit, I plugged everything in and it just worked, steering wheel controls and all. Mine isn't as big a screen as yours, mine looks factory. There's really no need for Android Auto on an Android head unit. Yes, you do have to use the hotspot on your phone, or buy a 4G adapter and pay for an extra line from your cell provider. I have my Samsung phone configured to turn on the hotspot automatically when the bluetooth connects, so basically I just get in my car and everything works as soon as I start it up. I'm extremely happy with mine, but the bigger screen would be nice. Here's a pic of mine:

·
Registered
27 Posts
With my XTRONS Android head unit, I plugged everything in and it just worked, steering wheel controls and all. Mine isn't as big a screen as yours, mine looks factory. There's really no need for Android Auto on an Android head unit. Yes, you do have to use the hotspot on your phone, or buy a 4G adapter and pay for an extra line from your cell provider. I have my Samsung phone configured to turn on the hotspot automatically when the bluetooth connects, so basically I just get in my car and everything works as soon as I start it up. I'm extremely happy with mine, but the bigger screen would be nice. Here's a pic of mine: View attachment 92947
Which model/brand did you get? where did you get it from

I'm interested cause u said u had the steering wheel controls work perfectly,
what yr is ur pat?
I got my pat 2 months ago, and looking for a good system to put in with Nav/bluetooth/steering wheel control/dvd hopefully

·
Registered
25 Posts
You may want to check out MyGig for a 730Cer or 430N RHB. Both have all you mentioned but not Android.The 730 has enhanced Sirius applications but only beneficial if you eould use them. Otherwise, the 430N has Nav, Bluetooth for calls, USB, Sirius, and a decent hard drive for music files. NThey program it for your vehicle so it remains OEM. I bought the 430N RHB. Beautiful condition and works great. Only a 6" screen so watching a DVD is ok but a larger screen would be nice.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Which model/brand did you get? where did you get it from

I'm interested cause u said u had the steering wheel controls work perfectly,
what yr is ur pat?
I got my pat 2 months ago, and looking for a good system to put in with Nav/bluetooth/steering wheel control/dvd hopefully
My Patriot is a 2014. My radio is an XTRONS unit that I purchased on ebay. They're also available directly from their website, www.xtrons.com.

·
Registered
260 Posts
This is the XTRONS equivalent to the 430/730 Jeep radio. It's even stylized to match the buttons and green backlighting in the Jeep Patriot. The previous model they offered for the Patriot had nasty red accents and lighting that did not match the OEM design.

For my money though, I'd go with one of the premium Kenwood models with Garmin navigation and Android Auto/Apple CarPlay functionality, with DVD playback. I have the premium audio package and there's no idea if the XTRONS will work properly with it, while the Kenwood units do.

·
Registered
962 Posts
This is the XTRONS equivalent to the 430/730 Jeep radio. It's even stylized to match the buttons and green backlighting in the Jeep Patriot. The previous model they offered for the Patriot had nasty red accents and lighting that did not match the OEM design.

For my money though, I'd go with one of the premium Kenwood models with Garmin navigation and Android Auto/Apple CarPlay functionality, with DVD playback. I have the premium audio package and there's no idea if the XTRONS will work properly with it, while the Kenwood units do.
On ALL of the XTRONS units, the backlight color is changeable, you can set it to literally any color under the sun. Mine started out red, but it was simple to change. I cannot speak for the current model, but the model that I have came with 2 wiring adapters, one for use with the normal sound system, and one for use with the premium system with the amp and subwoofer. However, they don't come with the best install instructions. I had to call and email them, and they were very helpful. I found their customer service to be above average.

I'm actually on my 2nd one. The first one I purchased looked identical but came with Android 6.0 (bought it back in 2016). About 6 months later, my brothers friend, who also has a Patriot, was in mine. After asking me about it, he offered to buy it from me for $50 more than I paid. I told him for another $50 I'd install it too. Swapped radios on the spot and bought the 2nd one, which has Android 7.1. I've had no problems with either one and am very happy with it.

Functionality-wise, I'm sure I'd be happy with Kenwood or Pioneer or whoever too, as long as they had the features I want. What really led me to the XTRONS is the fact that they look and fit like factory, with no ugly adapter panels needed to make them fit in the dash... those always annoyed me, but it's probably just my OCD.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Also, my absolute favorite feature, the one that I use absolutely every time I am driving, is the microSD card reader. I loaded up a 16GB microSD card with over 1000 songs and put it into one of the 2 built in microSD card readers. I rarely listen to the radio in the car anymore because of this, and I add new songs to the card about once a month. Sometimes I'll listen to Pandora or Amazon music, but it's usually the microSD that I'm listening to.

The 2nd microSD reader has a 32GB card in it that does nothing but record video from my dashcam and rearview camera.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts