Anybody into bit coin mining? - Page 15 - Jeep Patriot Forums
The Sway Bar Your Off-Topic Playland.
Non-Jeep related topics.
The Abyss   Where bad threads go to die  (restricted access)

17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 232 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstone View Post
Did you try to average down?
Yeah, and I'm also factoring in money I spent on some equipment and other stuff I spent some coin on that I shouldn't have so I am averaging down, my cost on BTC would be in the black if I didn't try to recover everything. My cost on ETC is in the black, and ETH and BCH are also very close to being in the black, again, trying to recoup total costs of graphics cards and the like.

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
1989 Cherokee Pioneer - Sold
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
1998 Mazda B4000 4x4
http://www.youtube.com/c/aicoffroadvideo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 232 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Is there anybody interested in earning free crypto? Coinbase is giving away Stellar Lumins (XLM) for free if you go through their training course, you can earn up to $50 free.

https://coinbase.com/earn/xlm/invite/80f5kn64

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
1998 Mazda B4000 4x4
post #213 of 232 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

Bitcoin bouncing around 9200, Pretty good returns for anybody who bought a few months ago. I've almost tripled my money on quite a few of my buys.
RossoRacer likes this.

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
1998 Mazda B4000 4x4

post #214 of 232 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Bitcoin is now over $10k... I'm doing pretty darn good right now.

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
1998 Mazda B4000 4x4
post #215 of 232 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 10:42 PM
Unsponsored Baja racer

Garage
I sold all my cryptocurrency(except the stuff they gave me for free but don't deal in) a few days ago after talking with my mom and hearing her worries about it. While the stuff is rather cool, and I think I made a little money off it(bought while bitcoin was around 7k, sold not long after it cleared 10k), there's prophecies about a single world currency and the whole mark of the beast thing which, while I won't get into those now, it does provide some concern for some of us. Plus I'm not too hardcore of a techie anyway. Might get a little into stocks though.

Trekkie, trucker, Jeeper, potential racer. Don't touch my trumpets.
"For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son, that all who believe in him might not perish but have eternal life" -John 3:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOb8IEyCO1o
post #216 of 232 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 02:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossoRacer View Post
I sold all my cryptocurrency(except the stuff they gave me for free but don't deal in) a few days ago after talking with my mom and hearing her worries about it. While the stuff is rather cool, and I think I made a little money off it(bought while bitcoin was around 7k, sold not long after it cleared 10k), there's prophecies about a single world currency and the whole mark of the beast thing which, while I won't get into those now, it does provide some concern for some of us. Plus I'm not too hardcore of a techie anyway. Might get a little into stocks though.
I don't know anything about the 2nd part of what you said. That sounds a bit like crazy talk to me... BUT going from 7-10K should have netted a nice profit if you had much in it.

as far as crypto's, it's just the future/evolution of money. I work for a major financial institution, and we're working hard to implement blockchain stuff on the back end. Doing so will reduce costs, and making the transfer of money MUCH MUCH faster, which reduces costs again. It also adds a lot of security and privacy to our money.

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
1998 Mazda B4000 4x4
post #217 of 232 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 04:05 PM
Unsponsored Baja racer

Garage
Didn't check how much I initially invested into the various cryptocurrencies, but the sale was a little over 1k. Enough for a shiny new exhaust for my Impala.

As for the other bit, the most I'll mention here is that it's found in the book of Revelation at the end of the New Testament(in the Bible, yes). I know not everybody agrees with me on this, but it contains most of the not yet fulfilled prophecies in the Bible, and there's a few things in which it'd be wiser to err on the side of caution. If you wanna discuss further, you have my contact profile via facebook and this forum, and can easily use either discuss it with me further(if you wish) without hijacking your thread.

"For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son, that all who believe in him might not perish but have eternal life" -John 3:16
post #218 of 232 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossoRacer View Post
As for the other bit, the most I'll mention here is that it's found in the book of Revelation at the end of the New Testament(in the Bible, yes). I know not everybody agrees with me on this, but it contains most of the not yet fulfilled prophecies in the Bible, and there's a few things in which it'd be wiser to err on the side of caution. If you wanna discuss further, you have my contact profile via facebook and this forum, and can easily use either discuss it with me further(if you wish) without hijacking your thread.
Feel free to start a different thread if you want to reply. But I'm a Christian. I read through the bible at least once a year, in addition to other studies. This is crazy talk. Seriously. It says nothing about a one world currency. or even a single world government. It just doesn't. It talks about having to be marked to buy/sell... but that is something totally completely different. You need to tell your mom to stop believing what she reads on facebook/the internet...

Until we actually are living in that time, we won't know what those things will even mean. our focus should be on what we can control. Ourselves, our faith in Jesus Christ, Love for our fellow man, and Repentance. anything outside of that... Bantha poodoo.
RossoRacer likes this.

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
1998 Mazda B4000 4x4
post #219 of 232 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 11:40 PM

Garage
Please do ... my curiosity is sparked on this

Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

~George Carlin
post #220 of 232 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 10:10 AM
Unsponsored Baja racer

Garage
Lol, we get you into a thread about Bible-related stuff, croat, and it'll end up in the local abyss. That's why I was just trying to say what was relevant to the conversation as far as selling my crypto, and leave it at that. Don't wanna be chasing any rabbits.

post #221 of 232 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
I just bought into a cloud mining service, https://hashflare.io/r/C893E80F, Starting off with some seed money. This particular miner lets you start off with a very small amount (10gh for $1.40 for a year), so I have bought in, interested in what others are doing, if anything. I've had my eth miner going for a while, and its made me some cash, but Hoping to hit it bigger with bit coin (and not have such a hot office). My investment of $2300 should net me a little more than $700/month, which will grow with the auto reinvest.
I work in cybersecurity, my personal take on cloud mining is that it's a scam. It is like buying stock in gold instead of actual gold. If you look at the numbers there is way more stock out there than actual gold supply, which means a whole bunch of people will be scammed. Mining is fine but do it in house with a coin that will still turn a profit after calculating the increase in your electric bill. The current Chinese tariffs are starting to boost the prices of crypto again which is good for mining. I would never do cloud mining, someone has to pay the energy costs and there isn't enough profit to pay everyone right now.
post #222 of 232 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino714 View Post
I work in cybersecurity, my personal take on cloud mining is that it's a scam. It is like buying stock in gold instead of actual gold. If you look at the numbers there is way more stock out there than actual gold supply, which means a whole bunch of people will be scammed. Mining is fine but do it in house with a coin that will still turn a profit after calculating the increase in your electric bill. The current Chinese tariffs are starting to boost the prices of crypto again which is good for mining. I would never do cloud mining, someone has to pay the energy costs and there isn't enough profit to pay everyone right now.
I made money cloud mining when I first posted this... well over a year and a half ago, but quit mining all together last summer when prices crashed, and just started buying one of 4 cryptos (btc, bch, eth, and etc). And I've done VERY well with all but bch. I have changed my mind, and will continue to buy cryptos over time.

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
1998 Mazda B4000 4x4
post #223 of 232 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
I made money cloud mining when I first posted this... well over a year and a half ago, but quit mining all together last summer when prices crashed, and just started buying one of 4 cryptos (btc, bch, eth, and etc). And I've done VERY well with all but bch. I have changed my mind, and will continue to buy cryptos over time.
Yea I basically day trade the top 5. Just made some money on Litecoin a week ago due to the rebounding prices.
post #224 of 232 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino714 View Post
Yea I basically day trade the top 5. Just made some money on Litecoin a week ago due to the rebounding prices.
I'm all profit right now, except on bch, but i'm really close there ( I bought a bunch when it was over $2000+...). but I'll hit a 100% profit and have exactly enough money to pay off my car and leave some coin left over. I'll have a much higher buy in, once I get that car paid off, but then I'll be debt free, other than my house again. and that is more important to me.

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
1998 Mazda B4000 4x4
post #225 of 232 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 11:43 PM

Garage
Do not a millionaire yet hey 🙂

Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

~George Carlin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode