Youtube banning differing opinion videos. - Jeep Patriot Forums
Political Discussion Reserved for all political discussions

22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Youtube banning differing opinion videos.

youtube banning people who follow the youtube rules but have different opinions than what youtube wants.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 12:11 PM
Unsponsored Baja racer

Garage
Heard they started not allowing gun enthusiast videos, though some still manage I guess. And I know Google, which of course owns YouTube, biases search results, but didn't quite know about this. Sadly can't say I'm surprised though. Should see the anti-Trumpers come after me on Twitter, haha.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Yeah if they can't win, then silence them into submission.

I just noticed the other day when my wife's account was looking at my subscriptions on youtube, it didn't show any of the conservative channels. They didn't even show up!
RossoRacer and RodMyers like this.

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 11:46 PM

Garage
Don't worry they know what's best for us! Also remember your are giving them all your personal data, remember that.
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 12:24 AM

as somebody who makes money on youtube... this is very worrying for me. I'm free from it for the most part, but even I get hit with false copy write claims and run into other issues. I fully accept that Youtube is a business, and they are free to do what they feel is best for their business, what they need to do to make money and survive. However, their blatant ongoing censorship and suppression of conservative thoughts and ideas, while bolstering left wing propaganda is very disheartening. Susan Wojcicki is probably one of the worst CEO's to grace the top of any company. She continues to make poor decisions, based off her political bias, Knee jerk reactions, and overall piss poor judgement. She ignores the cry's of help from those who actually make the content they profit off of, and bends over for the political left, and the image of catering to the loud minority. None of this would bother me as much, if they didn't have such a strangle hold on the online streaming services. Where else can you go?
Sandstone and RossoRacer like this.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 07:48 AM

Alphabet/Google needs to be broken up.
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 06:37 PM
Unsponsored Baja racer

Garage
Does this constant censoring to appease Ihlan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and Rashida Talib remind anybody else of something we learned about in history class? Like oh, say, Berlin, mid-late 1930's?
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 12:45 AM

Y'all know Youtube isn't owned by the government, right?
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 07:10 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossoRacer View Post
Does this constant censoring to appease Ihlan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and Rashida Talib remind anybody else of something we learned about in history class? Like oh, say, Berlin, mid-late 1930's?
Has anyone else read The True Believer by Eric Hoffer?
Sandstone likes this.
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 10:03 AM

Garage
These platforms say they are neutral, that they do not censor, and keep in line with free speech. In reality they are all owned and operated by people with political, religious, and personal beliefs and those opinions are inner-wound into their daily work. On occasion they are called out for blatant censorship or pushing their agendas and retract however they are usually not held accountable and get away with what they are doing. Many of you agree with a free and open economy as well as a society that will pick, chose, and reward those winners who do well and succeed. Don't like what they are doing - leave and go away - remember these are private entities.

My personal example is facebook. I may have liked the original concept - however in reality it was something else. Here I am 15 years later and still have no regrets on not joining and unlike many people whom cannot fathom having all of their personal info and data out there for the world to see and be sold by the platform they think they cannot live without - I am doing just fine facebookless
RossoRacer likes this.
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush549 View Post
Y'all know Youtube isn't owned by the government, right?
The problem is not that they are a private company. I uphold the fact that they are an independent company and can do damn well what they please.

I do have a problem with them Playing that they are high and mighty, better than all, and yet, not playing by their own rules. If they played by the rules that they made, I would have nothing to say. BUT they do not. They only support their own agenda while waiving the "free speech" banner. They also struggle to control their own platform. It used to be hard to become a "partner" (when I joined it was not an easy process) then they let every tom, jose, ramakanth, and muhamed sign up and become a partner without even having videos uploaded. and every action they've had since then has been a knee jerk failure.

They also do not support the creators on their platform. Those who create original content. I spend half my time chasing down my own videos that others have copied and re uploaded with 0 effort to change. and Youtube will only take that video donw 1/5th of the time. BUT I get copy write strikes constantly by big name companies (usually music groups), on videos that have 0 music in them at all.

Unfortunately, there is no lack of people who are willing to put content on youtube, so when creators leave, there is no recourse, as there are 10 others that fill the gap.
RossoRacer likes this.
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 10:03 PM

Garage
Question

Where are these rules that they are to abide by (and you know they can change their own rules like any entity right) ?

This will continue until competition puts them in check - that is the American way - when are you going to publish www.aroundincirclestube.com ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
I do have a problem with them Playing that they are high and mighty, better than all, and yet, not playing by their own rules. If they played by the rules that they made, I would have nothing to say. BUT they do not. They only support their own agenda while waiving the "free speech" banner. They also struggle to control their own platform. It used to be hard to become a "partner" (when I joined it was not an easy process) then they let every tom, jose, ramakanth, and muhamed sign up and become a partner without even having videos uploaded. and every action they've had since then has been a knee jerk failure.

They also do not support the creators on their platform. Those who create original content. I spend half my time chasing down my own videos that others have copied and re uploaded with 0 effort to change. and Youtube will only take that video donw 1/5th of the time. BUT I get copy write strikes constantly by big name companies (usually music groups), on videos that have 0 music in them at all.

Unfortunately, there is no lack of people who are willing to put content on youtube, so when creators leave, there is no recourse, as there are 10 others that fill the gap.
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat View Post
Where are these rules that they are to abide by (and you know they can change their own rules like any entity right) ?

This will continue until competition puts them in check - that is the American way - when are you going to publish www.aroundincirclestube.com ?
actually there is a competing platform, that I think will have a big push, https://www.floatplane.com

It is small, but I believe in it enough to put my own $$ behind it.
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:20 AM

Garage
Still waiting on these "rules"

That link don't work and I see some info about it, conceptual, however its been around for over 2 years now and went nowhere?
I would love another platform to put uTube under.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in