Youtube banning differing opinion videos. - Page 2 - Jeep Patriot Forums
Political Discussion Reserved for all political discussions

23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat View Post
I would love another platform to put uTube under.
Well, you're an IT guy with lots of time, money, and connections; build one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 01:46 PM

Garage
Sir - I deal in hardware - not software - and while I can program many things - I loathe it
That and I don't have a lot of money (hence why I own a Patriot) nor connections of the sorts

All that and I don't use youtube, bookface, twatter, or any of the social media garbage.
I dont care about your cat videos, your vacation selfies, or what the **** is on your mind 24/7! lol
Ignatz likes this.
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 02:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
I dont care about your cat videos, your vacation selfies, or what the **** is on your mind 24/7! lol
That could be the "catchphrase/Slogan" for your new video hosting and streaming service!!!!!
Sandstone likes this.

post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 02:44 PM

Garage
Why don't you migrate over to Vimeo?
Ignatz likes this.
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Sir - I deal in hardware - not software - and while I can program many things - I loathe it
That and I don't have a lot of money (hence why I own a Patriot) nor connections of the sorts

All that and I don't use youtube, bookface, twatter, or any of the social media garbage.
Bah, excuses, excuses, excuses!

You don't need to care about anything other than getting the data and all the money you'll make from it, which apparently you need.
post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerAaron View Post
That could be the "catchphrase/Slogan" for your new video hosting and streaming service!!!!!
Exactly, call it "Cro-at-i-toob".
post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 05:30 PM

Garage
Aaaaaaaand here is Facebook banning users that are against their leftist liberal agenda and ideals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/02/t...akhan-ban.html
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

I loved the comments in the nytimes section. Lets ban all hate speech lol. They have no idea what they are talking about.
post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Aaaaaaaand here is Facebook banning users that are against their leftist liberal agenda and ideals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/02/t...akhan-ban.html
I was just coming to post about this. this is the kind of "rule" I was referring to. They are closing down right wing stuff, but not people of the same caliber on the left. They are silencing only one side of the conversation.
post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 11:28 PM

Garage
Well ..... its not just shutting down the "right" wing stuff, its these organizations/groups shutting down the messages that they don't agree with. Granted many viewpoints can be associated with the right, not all are, nor are all. If it has anything to do other than pro-choice, its shut down. If anyone questions the zionist regime or speaks anything of Palestine .... shut them down. Anyone to question the western medias stories, evidence or not (as they are called conspirators) they must be silenced and taken off the soapbox. Support/defend/embrace the color of your skin/race/ethnicity that is not popular with the mainstream message .... you are considered racist and your voice must be snuffed. Sure you get the idea and note - not talking about the obvious extremists or criminals that are using the platform to perpetuate hurt/hate/murder/etc such as ISIS. Personal thoughts, opinions, ideals, views, and so forth if deemed legal shall not be censored is this country as this is in violation of the rules that were set upon this nations founding.
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 11:48 PM
Unsponsored Baja racer

Garage
Technically the First Amendment says "Congress shall make no law..." ergo Congress can't silence anybody. A streaming platform has the right to remove any videos that go against their posted terms of service, however making up abstract reasons how showing off your new rifle at a private shooting range is hate speech, or logically pointing out the flaws in modern Democrat arguments is hate speech and racist and whatnot, while ISIS chants and liberal screechings are left unscathed on a website that posts in its terms of service basically "be nice to folks, don't post what isn't yours to post, and we don't take sides" could be considered false advertising or violating their own terms of service, or failure to uphold, or something like that. Plus any customer of said platform also has the free right to use another service if they prefer, or even build their own.
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 09:15 AM

Garage
There will be a breaking point of when, even as a private entity, the legal system will play out and rule on their practices being unconstitutional, more so as these services are being more and more embedded into the daily American life/politics/education/and pretty much every aspect of daily life.
Ignatz likes this.
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 09:56 PM

Rachel Maddow's younger brother?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in