Jeep Patriot Forums banner

What have you done to your Patriot today?

Tags
day mod patriot
959K views 8K replies 685 participants last post by  Irontooth 
#1 ·
Found this on another car enthusiast forum, and thought it would be fun to see here.

Note: If you're looking for somewhere to tell about your entire project plans, this isn't it.

Post just a little something about what you did today. Whether it's messing with your sound system, changed your oil, or finally finished up a big part of the project that you've been working on, or just anything and everything.

#4 ·
I bought mine around Christmas so right in the middle of our gunky, rainy, messy season.

So today I finally cleaned the windows, in and out, thoroughly.

Snap together plastic interior parts start out with loads of softeners in them so they don't break on the factory floor during install. Over time these softeners and plastisizers off gas, the plastic hardens up and that is why it is such a pain to get them off an older car.

Meantime your glass gets a film that is near impossible to get off by simply washing your windows. You have to attack it on multiple fronts with multiple things.

That is what I did. 2.5 hours on just the glass, in and out.

Some of that is wait time, I'm not that anal!

#8 ·
...and then its virtually impossible to clean....
Have you tried a garden hose? Mine are still dirty after vacuuming, so I was thinking of just washing them

#12 ·
How ironic as Murman and I had a discussion earlier today about Jeep slush mats. I was telling him how sick I'm of cleaning my carpet mats and was thinking about purchasing a set of slush mats for $52 shipped. I don't need WT or Husky liners as I don't deal with snow and slush mats is a cheaper alternative.

But to answer the topic of the thread...cleaned my carpet mats AGAIN and drove to get some burgers for dinner.

#13 ·
Thread seems to be doing good so far. I guess carpet mats arient the best idea then, Maybe I should look into lower profile rubber ones. I currently have a "diamond plate" pattern one, but the diamonds stand up a good half inch, which leaves plenty of room for dirt and junk.

#4,619 ·
At the 25 cent DIY car wash in my neighborhood, they have some clamps on the side walls so that you can hang your floor mats then hit them with the high pressure wash and rinse. However...you HAVE to remember to take that wet mat home with you...no, I only got a block or so before I remembered them...!

#18 · (Edited)
Do virtual mods count???

Playing around with MS Paint as I'm would like to make my Patriot look more like the XJ I used to have as well as protect it from dings and scratches. The plan would be to use Plasti-Dip for the wheel wells and aftermarket molding . What do you think? I don't think the pictures do it justice because of the lack of contrast but I value other opinions. I'm going to post this in Exteriors also.

Oh. I did wash it yesterday if that counts!

The last pic in the original image.

Attachments

#7,750 ·
Do virtual mods count???

Playing around with MS Paint as I'm would like to make my Patriot look more like the XJ I used to have as well as protect it from dings and scratches. The plan would be to use Plasti-Dip for the wheel wells and aftermarket molding . What do you think? I don't think the pictures do it justice because of the lack of contrast but I value other opinions. I'm going to post this in Exteriors also.

Oh. I did wash it yesterday if that counts!

The last pic in the original image.
Looks like it's been lifted pretty high. What kit is in it ?

#20 ·
kaimusgrove, that sucks hopefully everyone is alright. on the bright side, maybe they'll give you a '12!!!

as far as what i did today...i watched my wife clean it out. keeping the car clean and clutter free is a pet peeve of mine lately my wife has been leaving cr@p in it, so today....

Reactions: Ooz
#24 ·
well, I just reset my clock 5 mins fast (cos it loses about 5 mins a month). While i was sitting there I was thinking about an annoying aspect about cars these days that is when you are driving very slowly, in my case, off road, around lakes or reservoirs looking for likely fishing spots and everytime I get in and out I have to buckle up and un buckle the belt or I get that annoying "bong-bong" that drives me mad. Playing around with the belt, I noticed that it only has to be pulled out about 4 or 5 inches to cancel the warning light and stop the noise, so I just pull out a bit and hook it around the back door lever. problem solved.
MUDDY