emmissons recall - Jeep Patriot Forums
Jeep Patriot General Discussion General discussion for the Jeep Patriot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Unread 06-28-2019, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

emmissons recall

has anyone received their recall notice or had the work done under the recall? Just wondering since not much has been said about it.

Lou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Unread 06-30-2019, 05:06 PM

I just today received a CARFAX email about it.
02/15/2019
Manufacturer Emissions recall issued
#U67 2011-2016 2.0L - 2.4L NOX FAIL (US)

I bought my 2013 Patriot pre-owned in July 2018 and haven't received anything about it and can't get the "system" to give me any info about it - the CARFAX email gives a hot spot to get a copy of the Owner Letter but the hot spot doesn't work. My oil change is due in July so hope to get some info about it when I get to the dealer then. Guess it must not be too important since neither the dealer nor CFA nor the Fed Recall people have sent me the official recall notice. Like the OP, nano2016, I would love to see what the customer letter looks like. I've sent CARFAX an email asking them to clarify this but who knows if they will ever respond.

2013 Jeep Patriot Sport FWD 2.0L I4 DOHC 16 valve dual VVT CVT Transaxle / Model Code MKTE74 Preowned VIN = 1C4NJPBA8DD164547
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Unread 07-01-2019, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

emissions recall

Glad you replied cause i haven't heard a thing. They were suppose to send out the recalls starting back in March and it would be in three phases and finish up by year end. By the looks of things probably will not start till then. My only concern is from what I've read and heard they will also update the parameters for the emissions in the computers. Just hope it doesn't mess up the performance since my jeep runs flawlessly now.

Thanks for the reply.

Lou

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Unread 07-04-2019, 04:41 PM

I'm coming to the conclusion that Chrysler/Jeep doesn't want to admit that maybe they have an emissions issue with several years of the Patriot and are sorry they let the information escape. Now they are just stonewalling and have even sent word out to support organizations like CarFax to ignore people's request for clarification.

If that is wrong, i.e., they don't really want to keep it secret from the world (and the EPA) all they have to do is send the information out to their customers. I'm betting this will never be resolved.
02/15/2019
Manufacturer Emissions recall issued
#U67 2011-2016 2.0L - 2.4L NOX FAIL (US)

2013 Jeep Patriot Sport FWD 2.0L I4 DOHC 16 valve dual VVT CVT Transaxle / Model Code MKTE74 Preowned VIN = 1C4NJPBA8DD164547
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Unread 07-09-2019, 12:14 PM

I got the notice and had the cat con replaced and controller flashed on my 2011 back in February 2019. Go here

https://www.mopar.com/en-ca/my-vehic...ls/search.html

and enter your VIN to see if you're affected. On my page the recall number U67 is listed but when the PDF link is clicked you get a
Page Not Found error. All the other recall PDF links on my VIN page still work, so I'm not sure what's going on.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Unread Today, 03:33 PM

I am still waiting for the seat belt recall to get fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in