Jeep patriot newbie. What can this thing do off road? - Jeep Patriot Forums
Jeep Patriot General Discussion General discussion for the Jeep Patriot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Jeep patriot newbie. What can this thing do off road?

Hello there, I am the new owner of a 2016 jeep patriot high altitude edition, it's seems to be pretty fully loaded just missing the sun roof and leather seats. It's the 2.4 vvt 4x4 version however I am not sure if it is freedom drive 1 or 2 (I'm assuming it's fd1) I'm just curious what this thing can handle stock off roading I don't plan to do any rock climbing just trails and over some small trees and bumps. I plan to eventually install a 2 inch lift

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 07:52 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum! If that's all you're doing, the Patriot is the right vehicle for you. I've taken my FWD Patriot through some pretty tough stuff (check out the 2wd threads) so with any 4wd package you should be good to go though way more.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 09:13 PM
Unsponsored Baja racer

Garage
FD2 would have P-R-N-D-L, so if you're autostick or clutchandstick you've got FD1. Also both engines are VVT, that's just variable valve timing. I've got manual everything but the CVT, so got a couple more Jeep points here. Capability is pretty good, even a little better than most expect. Just know your limits, keep in mind street tires won't do too well in dirt, and keep up momentum if going up hills or over something where the breakover angle will be tested.

Trekkie, trucker, Jeeper, potential racer. Don't touch my trumpets.
"For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son, that all who believe in him might not perish but have eternal life" -John 3:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOb8IEyCO1o

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 07:35 AM

Welcome!

I'm fairly certain you have FDI, but if you want you can get a build sheet with all the options listed here: https://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/5-...t-service.html

Take a look through the "Adventures" sub-forum to get an idea of what kind of off-roading Patriots can do:
https://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/78-adventure-threads/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode