4Likes
  • 1 Post By Sandstone
  • 1 Post By mr_et2
  • 2 Post By Treegrower

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
WeatherTech vs HuskyLiner mats

I'm looking to change out my mats and was seeing two brands pop up continuously on here: WeatherTech and HuskyLiner

I went on both sites and looked at their mats and they seem comparable. So here's the question:

Has anyone tried either or both and what are your opinions on it. I'll probably get both 1st and 2nd row floor mats for whichever has the better reputation but a HuskyLiner cargo liner for the back.

Thanks in advance guys! =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 09:51 PM

I will confound your decision. I have Rugged Ridge in the front and Husky in the rear (seats). While both work, the Rugged Ridge seem to be of much better quality. They are a thicker rubber and just seem much better. Made in USA.

Just my opinion.

The Rugged Ridge also can be found for a very good price if you do some internet digging. The entire 5 piece set can be had for $219 delivered. $143 delivered for the 4 piece set

https://www.discountbandit.com/rugge...yABEgLvuvD_BwE

https://www.discountbandit.com/rugge...iABEgLn6_D_BwE

2014 Sport, 2wd, 2.4L, 6 speed tranny, Winter Chill

Last edited by Treegrower; 04-15-2019 at 09:53 PM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 10:42 PM

Garage
I have just the Rugged Ridge fronts and they're pretty nice.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:05 PM

I have Weathertech in the front and rear and a Husky cargo liner.

I honestly wouldn't go with Husky, they're better than nothing but thin and tend to warp.

My biggest gripe with Weathertec is that the rear liners don't extend under the front seats as far as I'd like. Otherwise they've been fine.

I've never used Rugged Ridge, but from what I've read of them they seem to be pretty good.
Antares likes this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:22 PM

I have Weathertech in the front and rear and cargo liner.

My biggest gripe with Weathertec is that the rear liners don't extend under the front seats as far as I'd like. Otherwise they've been fine.

Jack Allwardt, Bonney Lake (Tehaleh area), WA; "recovering Californian"; (REPEAT Patriot Owner...'08 Limited and a '16 High Altitude), Retired engineer, US Army veteran, Amateur radio General Class Licensee: K6SNS, Member: American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Central Valley Vietnam Veterans, Enumclaw (WA) Lions Club. Former vintage military jeep owner, instrument rated commercial pilot, ag pilot, vintage aircraft restorer and test pilot.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:57 AM

Garage
I'll throw in my support for Rugged Ridge. I've got them front and rear. My wife has Weathertech in her RAV4, and while they are pretty nice, they are mostly flat, and when they get a good bit of crappy water on them, it just sloshes all around. With the Rugged Ridge's design, that doesn't happen. Also, the Rugged Ridge mats are made of a thicker and more flexible material.
Antares likes this.

2014 Patriot Sport FDII
2015 Honda NC700XDA
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM

With the RR up front, I chose the Husky for the rear seats because I looked closely at the online pictures and it "seemed" that they went a tiny bit farther under the front seat. I can't confirm if that is true compared to the other brands.

If you search here, a number of people years ago had problems with the front Husky's warping and fitting poorly. The company was good about replacing them, but one needs to confirm that this problem has been resolved.

Floor liners are one of the very best investments I ever made in a vehicle, especially in messy Michigan.
mr_et2 and Antares like this.

2014 Sport, 2wd, 2.4L, 6 speed tranny, Winter Chill
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM

I'll add that my Husky cargo liner is thin, doesn't always lay as it should, and the edges don't stay up. I looked at Husky's site to see if they've made any changes to the design and it appears they haven't.

If you look at the rugged ridge, it has buttresses that should keep the edges up.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for all the insight and recommendations guys! Seems like there's an overwhelming support for Rugged Ridge; I'll be looking into a Canadian retailer for these guys. I'll keep y'all updated haha
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM

Knowing what I know now, Rugged Ridge would be my choice. I've always used WeatherTech for my Jeeps, but I have found them to be lacking in quality and there are design flaws indicative of cost-cutting or simple laziness.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Today, 10:28 PM
Use the SEARCH feature

I have a full set + cargo of Rugged Ridge. Their only downside has been that the logo emblem popped off a couple of them. I emailed customer support telling them the mat was great, but would be perfect if they mount those logos a more durable way, and they sent me a bag with 4 new logo emblems to install. I dont know if they fixed that minor issue, but at least their customer service is on-point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstone View Post
I have Weathertech in the front and rear and a Husky cargo liner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack.allwardt View Post
I have Weathertech in the front and rear and cargo liner.

Truckin' the bread all over your @$$!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in