Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Need an Opinion on Wheel Color

8K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  pnshr7 
#1 ·
Question for you guys: I recently bought glossifier and metalizer to give my previously-matte black wheels a bit of a refresher. I realized that I really like the metallic charcoal (they have a blueish tint in the pictures but not real life) on the wheels by themselves, but I'm not sure if it looks okay considering the grille, door handles, and gas caps are all blacked out. I don't know if it fits the monochromatic look of my Patriot, but I like the color in general. I did one half of the Patriot with the metalizer and the other half with glossifier over the plain black.

My question is this: which one looks better considering the rest of the Patriot has all black Plasti-Dip? Does the charcoal look bad when everything else is black?

Charcoal Metallic:

Gloss Black:

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks for the response. The only concern I have about the grill is getting an even coat on such a big surface, but maybe I'll try it anyway! My door handles are also just plasti-dipped black, so maybe I'll just peel that off as well. I actually found out that it doesn't peel if you put a piece of electrical tape on the inside of the handle since that's where the beginning of the peeling usually happens. Haha

#6 ·
I like the charcoal metallic much better. Gives it a lively pop that the gloss black just can't do.

#7 ·
I like like the metallic charcoal, that was my second choice. I say make it all match just coat up on handles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.