Jeep Patriot Forums banner

What tr does my 2016 jeep patriot have?

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Ignatz 
#1 ·
I have a 2016 jeep patriot 2.0 L four cylinder engine front wheel drive I want to know what transmission I have ?

#2 ·
If you can feel it shift then you have the six speed auto, if you can’t feel it shift then you have a CVT trans. If you have to push in a clutch and shift it yourself you have a 5 speed manual trans.

Reactions: Ignatz
#3 ·
I believe the conventional automatic comes with a transmission dipstick. The CVT does not.

The sixth position of your VIN designates your transmission. F or G = CVT See post #9 in this thread: https://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/5...n-decoder-gives-sequence-numbers-meaning.html That's an old post and the a/t/6 wasn't offered then.

There are lots of websites where you can enter your VIN and decode it, even download a complete build sheet. Maybe the FCA site does. Just do a web search for VIN decoder.

#6 ·
You have to buy a dipstick to check the 6 speed the part # is 1017 Chrysler 6f24 auto trans.

#7 ·
If you can feel it shift 5 times then you've got the 6-speed. If the tach rises to about 3000RPMs, then drops to 2000RPMs at about 25-30MPH, that's just the CVT faking a shift.

I didn't know a dipstick is an option on the 6-speed. I thought it was standard -- it should be -- just like the motor oil dipstick. Sheese Louise! The crazy ways they try to save a couple bucks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.