No wipers or lights or turn signals - Page 2 - Jeep Patriot Forums
Electrical and Audio Discuss stereos, NAV, general wiring, lighting & GPS

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 10:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to Kahbrohn Send a message via MSN to Kahbrohn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktazcat View Post
It would also put me in the category of saying some not very ladylike words.
And that would be "Navy Talk" by lovely Belle!

2009 - Jeep Patriot, Sport (Light Sandstone)
2014 - Jeep Patriot, Sport (White)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 10:48 AM

The same thing is happening to me in my 2007 Patriot. It happened a few times before and it would return to normal within seconds or minutes after starting. Last night it happened when I started my car on the way home from work and the problem is still occurring. The headlights are stuck "on" no matter what position the control is in to the left of the wheel. The dash lights, radio screen etc are stuck on dim. The interior lights will light up only when I unlock the car or open the door but I cannot control them through the handle. The wiper controls have ceased to work too.

The car is no longer under warranty. How much would something like this cost to repair at the dealership or can I fix it myself if it is just a loose wire? The fuses are good.
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 08:55 PM

Patriot - Lights Always On, No Wipers, No Fog Lights...

Hi,

I have the same issue with my 2007 Patriot:

Lights are always on, No Wipers and No Water, No Fog Lights, No turning lights...

Have anyone passed this kind of troubles with their own car ?

Dealer asked to change SCM, I did on my own but with no luck.

Any help will be much appreciate it.

post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 03:10 PM

I'm thinking it is a loose wire. Originally it was an intermittent issue but has now become a permanent staple in my Jeep. At first, resetting the computer system by unhooking the battery worked - now nothing really works.
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 03:21 PM

Looks like this is pretty common. I have a 2007 Jeep Patriot and the same thing happened yesterday. No turn signals, high beams, windshield wipers, ect. I checked all the fuses at the time but they all looked good. Today just unplugged the negative on the battery to reset the system for about 10 min, hooked it all back up and everything worked as normal. Not sure what the cause of this was but hopefully it doesn't happen again.
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 10:20 PM

Easy Fix

I had the same problem with my 2007 Compass. After getting a runaround and a ridiculously high repair estimate from my dealer, I decided to tackle it myself. I purchased a left side multifunction switch from Ebay for $20. Armed with only a phillips screwdriver and a hex head screwdriver, I was able to remove the old switch and replace it in under ten minutes. It seems as this is a very common issue, and in my experience, the dealer tries to convince the customer that it is a very difficult and technically involved repair (sccm, tipm, airbag location, etc.), when in fact anyone with a screwdriver can repair this with no problem. I hope this helps someone.
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 01:12 PM

I just had the same problem. (No turn signals, couldn't turn on the windshield wipers etc). The dealer just reset the computer and now it works. So hopefully it won't come back like it has with others.

2008 Patriot North, steel blue metallic, 4X4, CVT2L, FD-II Off-Road group, Security and Cargo group, EVIC, power everything, Boston Accoustics, sunroof, heated seats, R.R.O. Supersliders
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 08:40 PM

Unhappy No turn signals or wiper

Hi All,

A few days ago my '07 patriot's turn signals and wipers stopped working.
If I disconnect the battery everything works again... for a few days.. and then stops working again...

I took it to my dealer today (in broken state) and they were unable to diagnose the problem. They just did a battery reset.

Anyone have any advice?

Do I start disassembling the steering column looking for loose wires, or do I need a new SCCM (steering column control module?).
Why would a battery reset get everything working again? It is starting to sound like a PC with MS-Windows.. needs a reboot to get it working.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 10:50 PM
POTM November 2008

When mine did this, or kind of this, it was the multi-control turn signal assembly. My headlights would stay on, or not turn on. Wipers would wipe without being on or not work when I did turn them on. Turn signals would work sometimes but not always.

Mine was fixed under warranty and has never acted up again.

NO INCUMBENTS!
____,_____
//_l_l_,\____\,__
l_/--\_l__l/--\0lllllll0
_(o)) _) _(o))---))_______________________________
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 03:33 PM

Wipers,lights,blinkers...

papaniad-
In my experience, after I replaced the left multifunction switch, the problem was solved completely.
The SCCM is housed within the left side switch, which is in turn connected to the right switch via a wiring harness. Therefore, replacing the SCCM, which seems to fail pretty regularly, is as simple as replacing the switch.
The switches are readily available on ebay, as well as from your local salvage yard. It can be replaced in 5 minutes with a screwdriver. Be sure to disconnect the battery first to avoid triggering the airbag.
Contact me at [email protected] for diagrams.
Hope this helps...
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 07:15 PM

I'm also having problems with my left switch assembly - the interior light switch seems to have a loose connection.
Does anyone know where to find a replacement? I haven't been able to find anything searching online.

thanks
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 04:47 PM

I have got a sporadic problem of this kind with my 2007 Patriot but in my case (and, perhaps, HOLSTEIN83 had the same situation) it definitely depends on the cabin temperature. In a cold day (like 10F) I would need to spend 10-15 minutes warming up the cabin before the switches start working as supposed and before that I can observe all the symptoms described above - the lights, wipers, and washer fluid aren't working. And, then, boom, they begin working just fine.

In a warmer day (like 40F) it may take just 1-2 minutes after the hot air starts coming to the cabin to make the switches work. And if I leave the car and come back in less then an hour (while the engine and the cabin are relatively warm), they continue working no problem.

I have been observing this for about 2 months so far, so it's definitely temperature-related.

At the beginning I tried resetting the computer but it did not really help. Also, it doesn't look like a loose wire. Any ideas, folks?
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 08:59 PM

well, just had the pleasure today of observing all the same crap:
-wipers don't work
-blinkers don't work
-headlights always on
-nothing on the steering column works, left or right side control arms

2007 patriot, 44000 miles, just not acceptable.....at all - first vehicle in my life that i've experienced these issues in any car. all i know is it better not rain tomorrow.

5/22/2012 - fixed at dealer, left multifunction switch.... diagnostics,part,labor, $270

Last edited by cinnepa; 05-22-2012 at 07:09 AM.
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 03:47 PM

I had the same problem last week.Left and right side control arms, out of order. Today i fixed it, replacing the left one with a secondhand arm. Cost 75euros (about 90 USD). Sure this problem is not acceptable. A recall is not a bad idea.
Patriot 01/2008, 75000 Km, Athens, Greece
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 11:53 AM

Smile wipers, turn signals not working

I have a 2007 patriot with 145000 miles. Wipers stopped working along with turn signal headlight and dome light. I took the advice of the previous posts and ordered a newmultifunction switch. It is a really easy fix, if you go to the dealer buy the part first and tell them to change it. They shouldnt charge more than an hour of labor. It only takes 15 minutes to change. You can order the part online for 65 bucks at moparpartsoverstock.com.Part number 68041485AD. If you want to change it yourself you will need a phillips head screwdriver with an extra long neck and a star head screw driver. There are three screws under the steering wheel on the bottom half of the cover. Once you take those out the top piece of the cover pops right of. You dont have to take the bottom piece out. The turn signal/multifunction switch is one part.there is a plug that pulls out and a small wire harness that you disconnect. There is one screw on the bottom that connects the switch to thr steering wheel. Once the screw is of the switch slides right out. Very easy. !!AS A precaution before you start disconnect the positive battery terminal before you start to prevent triggering the airbag
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode