Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Replacing head unit with an OEM radio that supports Bluetooth music playing?

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Wizfinger 
#1 ·
Hi, I am new to the forum and new to being a Jeep owner :)

I own a (European) Patriot 2010 which has a radio labeled "6 disc / mp3 / wma / anti-theft". It has RDS, an AUX input on the bottom-right with an AUX button on the left of that. At the top it has buttons for seek and mobile phone calls using Bluetooth (Uconnect).

Unfortunately I do not know the part number. (If needed I can remove it from my dash and find the part number on the sticker.)

From about 2011/2012 on, a very similar radio is used in the Patriot (which I have seen in Germany) except apart from only Bluetooth phone calls it ALSO supports Bluetooth music streaming. The "disc" button is then labeled "disc / aux" and the "aux" button next to the AUX input jack is replaced by a "set rnd" button. Some versions of this radio also support Sirius radio.

I want to be able to play Bluetooth music from my phone. So I would like to replace my current radio with the one that has this function. But all those Jeep radio models and front-plate type ids are driving me insane, not to mention the differences between Europe and USA and the differences between Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep radios. Heck, some of them seem to be made by Mitsubishi :D

• I am aware that a USA radio probably won't recognize AM radio stations but I do not care, in my country AM radio is almost out of use completely. (Also, some Jeep radios can be programmed to a specific region to fix that, but I cannot find anywhere a list of radios that support this, or how to do it.)
  • I also do not mind if it is a 6 disc or single disc model, I never play CDs anyway.
  • I also do not need Sirius, but if it's there, fine.

Does anybody here know which OEM radio is compatible with my car, that DOES support Bluetooth phone calls (Uconnect) AND bluetooth audio streaming?

(Local dealership here knows nothing and tells me it is impossible to put another radio model in, just to be safe.)

Thanks for any help you can give me!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome!

I'm not the best person to answer questions about electronics but I will add a consideration to your mix. If you plan on using the FM, a US radio will be finding odd-numbered frequencies, e.g, 107.7, 98.5, etc. I don't know how your country's communications bureau regulates frequencies but in the UK I recall they broadcast on even-numbered frequencies, e.g. 102.2, 97.8 etc.

#4 ·
The UConnect 430N does support Bluetooth Streaming Audio, so it should meet your needs. Simply order the low-speed model online or through the dealership and off you go. Alternatively, you could install an aftermarket unit instead, which would give you far better functionality and compatibility with modern phones than the ancient UConnect hardware that dates back to the flip-phone days.

#5 ·
The UConnect 430N does support Bluetooth Streaming Audio, so it should meet your needs. Simply order the low-speed model online or through the dealership and off you go. Alternatively, you could install an aftermarket unit instead, which would give you far better functionality and compatibility with modern phones than the ancient UConnect hardware that dates back to the flip-phone days.
This is the best option IMO. You can get exactly what you want, even get a unit with Android Auto/Apple Carplay to make it even easier and add a back up camera if you wish.

For example in US dollars.

#7 ·
Thanks for all your tips! Looks like I do have some options.

However, I was more looking for the "retro" look, an OEM head unit without nav, no touch display but rather the LED dot matrix display.

The Media Center 130 RES radios seem to do the trick, (modern version here: www .jeep .com/uconnect/systems/130sres.html ) but I need one that fits the 2010 Patriot AND is for the European market (eg. AM/FM frequencies). I cannot find a part number anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.