Factory Bluetooth - Jeep Patriot Forums
Electrical and Audio Discuss stereos, NAV, general wiring, lighting & GPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Factory Bluetooth

So I an trying to install Bluetooth into my 2011 Jeep Patriot with factory parts but I didn't buy a module brand new I went and took one out of a junked 2014 grand caravan. And I have a harness and everything and need to get the jeep programed still but I was wondering if the module is vehicle specific or if it will work. Because when I plug it into the jeep it seems to make the jeep go crazy and flash all the lights and turn on and off the headlights. And ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:37 AM

https://www.justforjeeps.com/cesyuchafr.html

You may have the wrong part and the dealership needs to program the vehicle's computer, in order to activate it. It will cost you significant cheese. It's really not worth the trouble and you should just upgrade the radio to a modern GPS-capable unit with Bluetooth built-in, as the factory hardware all has the older Bluetooth that isn't made for today's phones. You'll also need to install an interior microphone, which is a pain in the ass and unavoidable. The easiest solution is to simply get a $20-$30 hands-free Bluetooth speaker for the visor and go with that.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:34 PM

Garage
I'm not sure what the CAN Bus speed is in a Caravan, but the Patriot uses a low speed CAN Bus. You definately need a low speed module for your Patriot.

2014 Patriot Sport FDII
2015 Honda NC700XDA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in