LED Fog Lights - Jeep Patriot Forums
Electrical and Audio Discuss stereos, NAV, general wiring, lighting & GPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

LED Fog Lights

Can anyone point me in the right direction or have experience they want to share with converting the fog lights to LED projectors? I am working on switching all my lights to LEDs and I think it would look awesome if the fog lights matched the head lights in appearance. Any help is appreciated. I do plan on posting threads for this work as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 09:59 PM
Unsponsored Baja racer

Garage
There's some available for the main headlights, but idk about foglights. Those things can screw with the eyes pretty easy though, even if they are properly aimed and all that. I wouldn't wish you to drive a vehicle you hate, but anything other than standard halogen, something about the light itself just messes with the eyes. Guess I'm one to talk though....trucking company I just signed onto uses the stupid things in every one of their trucks....not that I plan on doing much night driving, but I still hate to drive a truck with those lasers, especially an automatic.

Trekkie, trucker, Jeeper, potential racer. Don't touch my trumpets.
"For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son, that all who believe in him might not perish but have eternal life" -John 3:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOb8IEyCO1o
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 08:04 AM

Garage
I put these LED bulbs in my fog lights and love them. They're a lot brighter but they're not blinding, they still work good in fog, and they match my LED headlights perfectly.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2014 Patriot Sport FDII
2015 Honda NC700XDA

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_et2 View Post
I put these LED bulbs in my fog lights and love them. They're a lot brighter but they're not blinding, they still work good in fog, and they match my LED headlights perfectly.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Have you tried the H13 variety of these in your Patriot? Issues, concerns, coimments…?

Jack Allwardt, Bonney Lake (Tehaleh area), WA; "recovering Californian"; (REPEAT Patriot Owner...'08 Limited and a '16 High Altitude), Retired engineer, US Army veteran, Amateur radio General Class Licensee: K6SNS, Member: American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Central Valley Vietnam Veterans, Enumclaw (WA) Lions Club. Former vintage military jeep owner, instrument rated commercial pilot, ag pilot, vintage aircraft restorer and test pilot.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ira_dale View Post
Can anyone point me in the right direction or have experience they want to share with converting the fog lights to LED projectors? I am working on switching all my lights to LEDs and I think it would look awesome if the fog lights matched the head lights in appearance. Any help is appreciated. I do plan on posting threads for this work as well.
I take it you want to keep the light white as in what the stock bulbs are.
My take on fog lights are that you can't call it a fog light if the light is white because we all know white doesn't cut through fog.

Now I switched over my stock white bulbs for LED yellow bulbs and man let me tell you they are really nice looking at night and boy do they cut through the fog.

So if you are looking for yellow let me know and I will tell you were I got them and they were just $21.

2014 4x4 Black latitude 6-SP Auto 2.4L / Dark Slate Gray Interior
Package 2GB / TTP Group / Uconnect 430/HDD
Security & Cargo Group / Premium Sound Group

Last edited by Bumblebee; 06-12-2019 at 09:05 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:53 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack.allwardt View Post
Have you tried the H13 variety of these in your Patriot? Issues, concerns, coimments…?
I've tried several different LED H13 bulbs in my headlights. Most of them were not very good... I found that the 3 and 4 sided bulbs were very bright but put out a horrible light pattern that did nothing but blind oncoming traffic. Now I'm using "Auxbeam LED Headlight Bulbs NF-S1", and they work terrific. The light pattern seems pretty close to the stock halogen bulbs but they are much brighter and whiter, and I have to assume that they're not blinding to oncoming traffic as I have never been flashed in the 6 months or so that I've been using them.

I'd post a link, but I'm at work and they block Amazon here...

2014 Patriot Sport FDII
2015 Honda NC700XDA
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 01:22 PM

Smile Yellow LED Fog Lights

Can you please post where to get the yellow? Thanks.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witzend View Post
Can you please post where to get the yellow? Thanks.
Got them off Ebay....Company is JDMASTAR....Type in "NEW 2x 2504 PSX24W 3000K Yellow Projector Lens LED Daytime Running Fog Light DRL".

Should come right up....Has a "Make Offer".....Listing says $22.99 I offered $21.00 W/Free shipping and they accepted my offer.

2014 4x4 Black latitude 6-SP Auto 2.4L / Dark Slate Gray Interior
Package 2GB / TTP Group / Uconnect 430/HDD
Security & Cargo Group / Premium Sound Group
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode