14 Patriot heated seat/hazards/traction module not working - Jeep Patriot Forums
Electrical and Audio Discuss stereos, NAV, general wiring, lighting & GPS

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rick Decker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Red face 14 Patriot heated seat/hazards/traction module not working

Hi guys, new this forum....... so pls bare with me.

I own a 14 Patriot Latitude 4x4. I noticed the heated seats/hazards/traction control module + cigarette lighter outlet started to receive intermittent power (backlighting behind buttons would flash erratically). As of now, not even a flicker of life. No heated seats, no hazards no traction control button functionality and no cigarette lighter. (funny thing is, when it rains the button backlighting will start to flicker....which tells me a poor GND or PWR)

I repair electronic devices (you name it, if it has a circuit board, i'll try and fix it). I can read elec diagrams, use multimeters, solder, build circuits etc etc.

Where can i find or can someone provide me with elec diagrams for this make model and year vehicle? Specifically the heated seats/hazards module all the way back to where it's power is fed from. (TIPM?)

OR....has someone ran into this particular problem before and can tell me -"hey you might want to probe ******** and****** for voltage/continuity". OR "hey that terrible always failing Chrysler TIPM is toast". Basically point me in the right direction LOL

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Decker View Post
Hi guys, new this forum....... so pls bare with me.

I own a 14 Patriot Latitude 4x4. I noticed the heated seats/hazards/traction control module + cigarette lighter outlet started to receive intermittent power (backlighting behind buttons would flash erratically). As of now, not even a flicker of life. No heated seats, no hazards no traction control button functionality and no cigarette lighter. (funny thing is, when it rains the button backlighting will start to flicker....which tells me a poor GND or PWR)

I repair electronic devices (you name it, if it has a circuit board, i'll try and fix it). I can read elec diagrams, use multimeters, solder, build circuits etc etc.

Where can i find or can someone provide me with elec diagrams for this make model and year vehicle? Specifically the heated seats/hazards module all the way back to where it's power is fed from. (TIPM?)

OR....has someone ran into this particular problem before and can tell me -"hey you might want to probe ******** and****** for voltage/continuity". OR "hey that terrible always failing Chrysler TIPM is toast". Basically point me in the right direction LOL

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!
Hi Rick, welcome!

You can download a set of PDF shop manuals here: https://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/5-...-download.html

Someone else had this problem, went through some steps, but apparently wasn't too successful. Still the thread has info you might find useful:
https://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/17...nt-turn-2.html

Sorry I can't be of more help.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

@Sandstone Don't apologize, that link to the shop manual PDF you posted helped me diagnose and fix my specific problem.

Turns out the 12+ wire from the TIPM that feeds the Cabin Compartment Node was open circuit. There's a cluster of harness connectors in the left fender well. One connector with the specific wire i was troubleshooting had a crack in it allowing water to corrode that wire into a green corrosion nightmare. Chopped it, re-pinned it.....BAM! all functions restored to the heated seat / hazards / traction control module (Cabin Compartment Node).

Thank you very much for taking the time to post that link
Sandstone likes this.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Decker View Post
@Sandstone Don't apologize, that link to the shop manual PDF you posted helped me diagnose and fix my specific problem.

Turns out the 12+ wire from the TIPM that feeds the Cabin Compartment Node was open circuit. There's a cluster of harness connectors in the left fender well. One connector with the specific wire i was troubleshooting had a crack in it allowing water to corrode that wire into a green corrosion nightmare. Chopped it, re-pinned it.....BAM! all functions restored to the heated seat / hazards / traction control module (Cabin Compartment Node).

Thank you very much for taking the time to post that link
You're welcome Rick glad it worked out, and thank you for the update.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 04:24 PM

Hey the thread to the manuals don't work is there another place I can peruse the info?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 04:50 PM

Manual thread works fine just tried it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
hazard button, heated seat buttons, module not working, traction button

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode