post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

battery size

how big will fit?
that scooter battery does not impress me
should I get a AGM ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 12:21 PM

Look at NAPA and Rockauto. I usually replace the original equipment battery after 4 years but my Pats are garage kept so earlier replacement may be necessary in other conditions.

2017 Patriot Latitude, FWD, 2.4, 5spd. 2016 Patriot Sport, FWD, 2.0, 5spd.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 01:22 PM

Garage
I run an Interstate group 7576 agm and it fits the same as the oe battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike

"Though I drive through the valley of the shadow of diesel, I will fear no turbo, for your horsepower art with me. Your bore and stroke, they comfort me"

'98 Chevrolet K1500 - 5.7L/4L60E - Eternal Project
'02 Chevrolet 2500HD - 8.1L/Allison 1000 - Tow Rig
'16 Jeep Patriot FDII - 2.4L/CVT2L - Daily/Offroad Rig

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 01:29 PM

I had a Costco battery go bad while on a trip, and the out of state Costco didn't have the exact replacement, muttering something about a "Californian thing...", so the battery they did give me, was a little too big--I couldn't secure it or place the cover back on, but when home again, I used the old Dremel tool and cut a wider space at the bottom edge of the box, and it fit just fine! That battery was larger capacity than stock, and lasted over 5 years when I traded my '08 for a '16.

Take a look at the battery box the next time you have the battery out, and see what slight modifications you could make to fit a larger footprint battery in there.

And, good luck!

Jack Allwardt, Bonney Lake (Tehaleh area), WA; "recovering Californian"; (REPEAT Patriot Owner...'08 Limited and a '16 High Altitude), Retired engineer, US Army veteran, Amateur radio General Class Licensee: K6SNS, Member: American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Central Valley Vietnam Veterans, Enumclaw (WA) Lions Club. Former vintage military jeep owner, instrument rated commercial pilot, ag pilot, vintage aircraft restorer and test pilot.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack.allwardt View Post
Take a look at the battery box the next time you have the battery out, and see what slight modifications you could make to fit a larger footprint battery in there.
yes it looks like there is some room to work with
when it isnt 0F some day ill have a closer look
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 02:05 AM

Garage
I fit a Group 34 Northstar AGM in mine with a little tray cutting. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GS3VK9C/

This is all I had to cut to get it to fit. Excuse the dirt.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 11:52 AM

I usually use a standard size battery. Of course there are situations when there is a problem with the start of the engine, but I already know that this happens because of low battery level and I know how to solve this issue. Sometimes the problem is in voltage. I've solved my issue with help of battery maintainer. Also I can recommend you to turn on the lights for 2 sec before starting engine if it's too cold in the street.

Last edited by Sandstone; 03-15-2019 at 01:40 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 12:46 PM

I usually use a standard size battery. Of course there are situations when there is a problem with the start of the engine, but I already know that this happens because of low battery level and I know how to solve this issue. Sometimes the problem is in voltage. I've solved my issue with help of battery maintainer, you can choose one from this review list(​https://carinmydna.com/best-battery-maintainer/​​​). Also I can recommend you to turn on the lights for 2 sec before starting engine if it's too cold in the street.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 01:16 PM

Garage
I was worried this year about our batteries, both the Benz and Jeep are over 4 years in our ownership and the batteries were just fine. Garage kept and I get the Jeep was a new battery 4 years ago however the Benz is like 6 years old - got it tested and was perfect. I need to remember in fall to check again.

Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

~George Carlin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode