anyone tried this diagnostic wiTech MicroPod 2 V17.04.27 for Chrysler Diagnosis & Pro - Jeep Patriot Forums
Electrical and Audio Discuss stereos, NAV, general wiring, lighting & GPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 05:24 AM Thread Starter

anyone tried this diagnostic wiTech MicroPod 2 V17.04.27 for Chrysler Diagnosis & Pro

wiTech MicroPod 2 V17.04.27 for Chrysler Diagnosis & Programming
has anyone tried this tool yet on patriot if so does it cover abs and gearbox fault codes etc. looking for as close to dealer level diagnostics tool that dont cost the earth, the uk models is a must. i have worth snooper and autocom cdp plus both only cover basic diag on the jeeps, before ei go spend some money and learn the hard way if will or wont cover it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 11:17 AM

I am interested in this too. I see a cheap one on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Wi...t/222167452152

I use a Tech 2 for my Chevy truck and it is very helpful over a standard scan tool. It has saved a lot of money being able to assign my VIN to replacement modules, program keys, etc. I did have to pay $40 to AC/Delco to access their data. Plus, being a Mac person, I had to get a cheap PC laptop to act as go in-between (the most painful part).
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGarage View Post
I am interested in this too. I see a cheap one on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Wi...t/222167452152

I use a Tech 2 for my Chevy truck and it is very helpful over a standard scan tool. It has saved a lot of money being able to assign my VIN to replacement modules, program keys, etc. I did have to pay $40 to AC/Delco to access their data. Plus, being a Mac person, I had to get a cheap PC laptop to act as go in-between (the most painful part).
jeep use and mismatch of protocols some on elm327 some eobd2, i have found another one that they say will cover jeep dodge Chrysler and all euro cars made by Innova 3100i Diagnostic Code Reader / Scan Tool with ABS for OBD2 Vehicles
cost around same money. i'm starting to get that feeling nothing does it all which is what i'm after dont like that feeling of driving around in something i cant scan and work with,, as if cant scan it a lot of faults you cant fix it, and i dont do that expensive approach of keep replacing thing untill hit the right one like some do... i'm already looking at Mitsubishi l200 warriors, just waiting for a broken one at broken money to repair

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 12:08 PM

The more legitimate sources for this scan tool have this statement: " A separate Tech Authority Subscription is required to access to Module Re-Flash Programming, TSBs, wiring diagrams, and repair information."

The Tech Authority subscription seems to be about $1,800 U.S. dollars per year.

Do these $168 dongles from China work without the Tech Authority support?

Some examples: https://diagautosoft.com/index.php/p...amming-device/

https://www.aeswave.com/Mopar-MicroP...-OE-p9404.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WITECH-Micr...-/323526080221

2014 Sport, 2wd, 2.4L, 6 speed tranny, Winter Chill

Last edited by Treegrower; 12-23-2018 at 12:14 PM. Reason: add links
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treegrower View Post
The more legitimate sources for this scan tool have this statement: " A separate Tech Authority Subscription is required to access to Module Re-Flash Programming, TSBs, wiring diagrams, and repair information."

The Tech Authority subscription seems to be about $1,800 U.S. dollars per year.

Do these $168 dongles from China work without the Tech Authority support?

Some examples: https://diagautosoft.com/index.php/p...amming-device/

https://www.aeswave.com/Mopar-MicroP...-OE-p9404.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WITECH-Micr...-/323526080221
good question i would guess if a cloned software it will duplicate what ever the source software was that was cloned, or if it was licensed lower level software then older cars covered,, company called autocom do that with delphi platform as do vagcom with ross tech, i personally think its criminal that car designers can design stuff to stop future owners from repairing their designed to fail products and be forced in to buying over price diagnostics tools, this comes from someone who has worked in the trade for 35 years and spend thousands over the years on these tools, 2000 for snap on one then yearly updates fees to keep up up with endless models and software and sensor changes ,.. our workshop one delphi was silly money but with out sts near impossible to repairs faults around canbus systems and body control ecu's, even electronic hand brakes need software to release the calipers and reset the systems,, its funny how years ago in the EU a directive that all EU cars should have a eobd socket to save money and make easy to read cars,, then makers decided to changed it with P-codes dealer only encoded to expensive diagnostics and then make it as hard as poss to get one to read it,, ie to force car owner sin to their dealers and charge them 200 every time need to read them,,, no wonder people find ways around it
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 11:52 PM

I have wholesale 5 Pieces Multi-language wiTech MicroPod 2 V17.03 interface for Chrysler from here Customer gave me feedback, good quality
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:55 PM

For flashing you usually need a professional level scan tool and a flashing device (vci) and on top of that tech authority subscription which is usually like $30 per month

You can do some programming with better scan tools without needing a flashing tool. And you can do resets, initialization, and relearn a with several mid-level scan tools.

I use a snap on ethos tech for most of my stuff. The price in them has come down and you can find sales where you can buy them for like $500. I would definitely recommend one for what it can do if you can get it for a.good price

Accessories:
Mopar deluxe splash guards (front/rear)
Mopar production cross bars
E2 14" black antenna

Mod.:
ATC [In progress... ]

JEEP FORUM - CANADA

"... I resisited a very strong urge to invert the kid, debag him and run my MasterCard up and down his rectal chasm till his backside got magnetic ..."

- Incompetence by Rob Grant (Book)

Last edited by LouOfTheJeep; 05-22-2019 at 07:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode