Best All Weather Snow Tire - Jeep Patriot Forums
Suspension and Tires Bigger Tires? Lifts? Discuss it here!
Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Best All Weather Snow Tire

What is the best all weather snow and ice tire for a 2011 jeep patriot north?
Looking for one set of all year tires in Alberta Canada with occasional ice and deep snow 6" to 12"; usually city driving packed snow during the winter; the occasional highway 4 hour drive with ice and packed snow for 3 months of the year; I currently have two sets winter and summer tires 215/65r17s.

Looking at: Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S and the Goodyear Assurance Weatherready which seem to have good reviews.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 06:59 PM

Garage
I'm not sure I'd go with all-season tires in Canada, but that's your call. I like General RT43s. I've only had them in minor snow like 1-2 inches and they were fine. Once winter really happens I switch over to dedicated snow tires.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

I would keep my current snows (goodyear Nordic winters on steel rims) if the weather is bad; but being retired I am not driving that much (about 5,000 KMs a year and mainly summer driving), so thought I would try an all weather but good in the winter tire.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 08:07 AM

Garage
That is kinda my way of thinking when I put the RT43s on our Patriot. They are great summer tires and are also competent in the fall and spring when blizzards are unlikely but light snow and ice are real possibilities.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 10:04 AM

Garage
If you don't mind a little noise, the Falken Wildpeak AT3's are really good tires. That's what I put on mine and they have been terrific in the Buffalo winter. Surprisingly, they don't seem to have affected my fuel economy either.

2014 Patriot Sport FDII
2015 Honda NC700XDA
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmackie View Post
What is the best all weather snow and ice tire for a 2011 jeep patriot north?
Looking for one set of all year tires in Alberta Canada with occasional ice and deep snow 6" to 12"; usually city driving packed snow during the winter; the occasional highway 4 hour drive with ice and packed snow for 3 months of the year; I currently have two sets winter and summer tires 215/65r17s.

Looking at: Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S and the Goodyear Assurance Weatherready which seem to have good reviews.
Thanks.
Along with the Cooper you might take a look at the Firestone Destination AT.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 01:36 PM

Garage
I put the Cooper AT3's on this year. Only one snow since then (about 4 inches) they did well. But they were brand new at the time. I have confidence they will be fine for me year round, but I am in Central Virginia. Big snows are uncommon around here.

2014 Black Jeep Patriot, Latitude, FDII, Sun and Sound package, remote start
2015 White Jeep Grand Cherokee, Limited, Luxury group II
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 05:12 PM

Toyo Celcius or Nokian WRG4 hands down. My pop uses the Nokian's as a year-round tire in the NY Catskill Mountians. My daughter uses the Toyo's in the Rockies; has to drive the Vail Pass (and other hill & vale roads) daily.
They don't have aggressive trail treads, so if you don't run trails they are excellent for highway or non-paved roads.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 08:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by radman View Post
They don't have aggressive trail treads, so if you don't run trails they are excellent for highway or non-paved roads.
Likewise the General RT43s. They're good for non-challenging stuff, but not for deep mud or major snow. I live on a town-maintained dirt road and they're perfect for that. Road gets a little squishy this time of year, but the road agent takes care of anything serious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode