Geolander AT-S Update - Jeep Patriot Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Geolander AT-S Update

I purchased a set of these 3 years ago in 215 65 R17. I wanted to provide an update for everyone after 3 years of offroading and driving in all weather types. The tires perform very well on road in all weather, outperforming any all season road tire you will find. The reason they perform so well on road is the lack of aggressive tread pattern most all terrain tires have. This is one of the biggest problems with the tire for those of us that drive offroad more than 5% of the time. These tires are fine for dirt roads (light offroading). If you ever have to climb a dirt road with rocks or shale and these tires will spin unless you get a significant amount of momentum. I don't mean anything crazy like rock climbing either, as I could never do that in a Patriot. Another issue with this tire is the tread life. Initial tread life was very good at first but the more they wore down the faster I lost tread. Typically all terrain tires will wear rapidly at first and wear will slow down the closer you get to 2/32". These tires have done the exact opposite. I have a 50,000 mile warranty through Yokohama. I am at 4/32" with only 20,000 miles on the tire. Yokohama assured me that the wear will slow down but there is no way I will get 30,000 more miles on these before I hit 2/32". It is also important to note that where I live has all weather conditions and extremely rocky asphalt, so others may not experience the tread life issues I have had. Overall this is a good tire for all weather performance on road. For offroading don't expect good performance on anything other than level dirt roads. Next time I will go with some BFG KO2's. I think Yokohama's MT is more of a legit all terrain tire but as of right now they cost more than the KO2's. I think the only way I can be coaxed back to a Yokohama tire will be determined by how well they treat me with my current warranty.

Last edited by rhino714; 06-25-2019 at 01:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode