Uconnect Phone Compatibility? - Jeep Patriot Forums
JeepPatriot.com   JeepPatriot.com
The Jeep Patriot Enthusiast Resource

Notices

Jeep Patriot General Discussion General discussion for the Jeep Patriot

JeepPatriot.com is the premier Jeep Patriot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Enjoy JeepPatriot.com? Has the site helped you? If so, show your support! Become a Site Supporter!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:25 PM

Ride: 2010 Jeep Patriot North Edition 4x4 Manual 5 speed
pokee is on a distinguished road
Uconnect Phone Compatibility?

I am thinking of getting a new Android smart phone, but I am afraid that it won't work with the Uconnect in my 2010 Patriot.

My very old LG Eve (Android OS 1.5) works fine with Uconnect. I never seem to have some of the issues that I've seen posted on the internet with other recent phones. I wonder if some of the more recent Android operating systems pose problems on the Uconnect versions in the 2010 Pats?

Can everyone that uses Uconnect (esp. those in Canada - not sure if the wireless network makes a different) tell me what type of phone you use with Uconnect and how you like it? Or - if you tried your new phone with Uconnect and it DIDN'T work, I'd also like to know. I suspect a compatibility list would be useless, considering such a list was probably produced 2-3 years ago for my car's year.

I was thinking of getting a Samsung Galaxy S II LTE, but I read a review that it doesn't work with Uconnect, so now I am thinking I can't get it. It's my #1 priority in a phone to get one I can pair with Uconnect and that it will work reliably - otherwise, I don't want it.

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-06-2012, 07:57 PM

I did a little digging to find out that the factory version of Uconnect in my Pat has issues with anything after Android OS 2.2.1. Apparently there is a Uconnect update to the head unit that the dealer can perform for you (takes about an hour, so I suspect you'd get charged $$$ for that) and I've also seen some 'updates' to Uconnect posted (where you burn to a CD and then insert into your CD player to upgrade) - although that seems a little scary to me.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your experiences with getting your recent phone and your older Pat to work with uConnect.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:08 PM

Ride: MY11 Jeep Patriot Sport 4x4 CVT in Mineral Gray
chicaboo is on a distinguished road
If you don't have any luck with the Uconnect side of things, you can always run a 3.5mm stereo jack from your phone into the AUX port of the headunit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 08:09 PM

Ride: 2012 Rav4 Limited 4wd V6, former 2011 Limited FDII
MrJeepR44 is a jewel in the rough
Do some more digging... the guys at Piker gave me the update files for Uconnect, which I have hosted for all versions of Chrysler vehicles, both US and Euro (over 2,500 downloads so far). I have the latest version on Android available on the Evo and it works fine, after the update:

http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76741

Last edited by MrJeepR44; 04-06-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJeepr44 View Post
Do some more digging... the guys at Piker gave me the update files for Uconnect, which I have hosted for all versions of Chrysler vehicles, both US and Euro (over 2,500 downloads so far). I have the latest version on Android available on the Evo and it works fine, after the update:

http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76741
Thanks mrJeepr44 - so basically does this mean that no matter what type of Android phone you have, it should be able to be paired after the update? OR do we still have to ask uConnect for a compatibility list to be sure?

Also, can you tell me if your US download will work for Canadian purchased Jeeps? If so, I'll give it a go!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:34 PM

Well that's the thing.... as phones update, eventually one of the updates will probably break some of the features working with Uconnect. Then at some point Uconnect will need to have another update available to fix it. Checking would be best, but your chances of it working are only increased with this update. Let me know if it works for you, and glad I could help!
Old 04-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Geek

Ride: '08 Pilot EX-L: 4x4, AT - '99 XJ Sport: 4x4, AT
jlobaugh has a spectacular aura about
I can confirm that my updated uConnect module functioned with both my EVO and EVO Shift, both were running Gingerbread. The streaming audio is rubbish, but the phone functionality was decent. I have since been assimilated and now have an iPhone 4S, which works about as well as the EVOs.

I'm not sure if either of the phones were on the list, but Bluetooth is a standard. There are different revisions of the standard, but they do their best to make things backwards compatible. However, there are some things that are allowed to be changed, and sometimes adversely affect functionality with certain devices, there are also 'knock-off' being produced and there is no guarantee that it's any good, but chances are, a name brand cell phone is not going to be one of those devices.

"I can do more with a pocketknife than most can with an entire toolbox." -me
Old 04-08-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlobaugh View Post
...I have since been assimilated and now have an iPhone 4S...
The Apple-borg got ya
Old 04-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Geek

Ride: '08 Pilot EX-L: 4x4, AT - '99 XJ Sport: 4x4, AT
jlobaugh has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJeepr44 View Post
The Apple-borg got ya
Resistance is futile

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

"I can do more with a pocketknife than most can with an entire toolbox." -me
Old 04-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Seriously Addicted

Ride: 2009 Liberty KK 4x4
MB is a jewel in the rough
My Galaxy S 4G works pretty good with my Patriot. Sometimes the bluetooth won't connect but I think that's a problem with the OS. I don't have audio streaming and i'm not too worried about that.

2009 Liberty 4x4 "Yankee"

MB's Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.