FS: 1996 Dodge Intrepid (Modified, Custom Paint, etc) - Jeep Patriot Forums
JeepPatriot.com   JeepPatriot.com
The Jeep Patriot Enthusiast Resource

Notices

The Outpost Buy /Sell /Trade
Got something to sell? Looking for something to buy? Look in here!
NO VENDOR SALES!

JeepPatriot.com is the premier Jeep Patriot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Enjoy JeepPatriot.com? Has the site helped you? If so, show your support! Become a Site Supporter!
Old 10-19-2008, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Ride: 2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x4
Gaze will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Gaze
FS: 1996 Dodge Intrepid (Modified, Custom Paint, etc)

I'm looking to buy another Jeep and I'd like to get rid of my Intrepid to raise a few dollars...

I've owned this Intrepid since I turned 17. It's been good to me, but I'm losing interest in the custom car scene and I'd prefer to sell this vehicle and buy another 4x4 to beat around in.

THE BAD: it might have a tranny issue. I haven't had the time to diagnose it or pull it apart. It stopped going into reverse when my wife hopped in it one day. The transmission was fully rebuilt by West Deptford Transmission back in 2001 and has approximately 50,000 miles on it. I don't drive it now because I'm afraid of damaging something serious (It's no longer registered and insured either!). Some of the mechanics I've spoken to are reluctant to say it is a blown tranny, but to be honest, anything could be the case. I'd like to get a $50 tranny from the junk yard (Harry's U-Pull it has great deals!)and give it a shot, but sadly I don't know how long it would take before I had the time to do so. I do have brand new motor and tranny mounts that I'll include with the sale. Obviously, I would not recommend driving this vehicle home.

The engine is as strong as ever. This summer it was tuned up with new plugs, wires, battery, fluid flush, and seriously degreased and degunked. The interior is in great shape with 2001 Concorde Leather seats, new black carpet, sunroof, brand new speakers, and a few other rare goodies. The Paint is still in amazing shape, the wheels and tires are in great shape. Headlights and corners are clean and clear. I would say that the car most likely has $2000 resellable Intrepid/LH parts as it sits.

I'll include any and all Intrepid related spare parts and accessories that I can dig up! Everything from bulbs, TCMs, clusters, shift knobs, haynes manuals, extra tail lights, and new car brochures.

Brief Mod list includes:
Cross Drilled rotors, Intrax lowering springs, CAI, Ravin z44 Exhaust, House of Kolor "Burple" with Ice Blue Flake paint, Charger R/T 18" rims on Goodyear tires, Fehrenheit 7.2" monitor, custom machined TB spacers, and much more!

Located in South Jersey, 10 minutes from Philadelphia.

If you have any questions feel free to ask! More pictures are available upon request!

I'd like to get $1200 for it.

pics since the day I bought it:
http://public.fotki.com/gazetowardth...pid-evolution/

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited - Signature Thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2008, 11:04 AM

Ride: No more Patriot.
Bimmer_2002 is on a distinguished road
This is one of the nicest Intrepid I've seen. Easily in my top 5 Too bad you have to let it go. Hopefully someone will buy it and continue what you started.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:06 PM

Ride: 2009 Patriot Limited 4x2
ChiefWilnel is on a distinguished road
I had a 1997 Intrepid Sport. best.car.ever! I gave it to my sister in good working condition before I deployed to Iraq, cuz I was buying a Patriot when I get home. it has 170,000 miles on , I had it since it had 77,000, as far as i know the transmission was never touched. Its a shame how far down the quality of chrysler product interiors have gone down since then. I have 2001 Ram as well, dash is busted all to ****, been babied too.

Last edited by ChiefWilnel; 10-26-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.