Fed up with Engine Stalls - Jeep Patriot Forums
JeepPatriot.com   JeepPatriot.com
The Jeep Patriot Enthusiast Resource

Notices

Engine and Drivetrain Engines, transfer cases, transmissions and axles

JeepPatriot.com is the premier Jeep Patriot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Enjoy JeepPatriot.com? Has the site helped you? If so, show your support! Become a Site Supporter!
Old 11-23-2011, 10:18 AM

deedivine06 is on a distinguished road
Angry Fed up with Engine Stalls

My engine started stalling right after my warranty expired on my 2007 Jeep Patriot. At 1st I thought water had entered a hose or the engine since it had been raining heavily. But as of late, it does it more often anytime it rains. Dealer will not fix because Daimler Chrysler fails to acknowledge issue. Well I did my research and for all those wanting to file complaints and have something done about it, contact the National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration and file your complaints online. After only 20 complaints against Dodge for a safety issue, they were forced to do a recall. GO FILE YOUR COMPLAINTS ON odi.nhtsa.dot.gov. Pass the word on to any of your fellow Jeep owners so something can be done!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 05:01 PM

djp_63 is on a distinguished road
Mine does it too, and worse in the rain, but it is not so bad I want to play games with the dealer. I can't afford it. I have 125K miles on it and no other problems at all.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:52 PM
POTM November 2008

Ride: 2008, 4x4, FD1, 5 speed. 25D long live vinyl seats
jepstr67 is a jewel in the rough
Sounds like you have a wire that shorts out when wet.

My Patriot has a intermittent problem with starting, but the wires all go the same place so test this theory out.

Where the wires enter the passenger compartment is on the left side behind the kick panel. In my case, I suspect a mouse ate the insulation off the wires to gain entry to the car. Every so often my Patriot blows the fuse which powers the key, and tells the starter to crank. It would be just as easy for a mouse the eat the wire that tells the engine to stop when the wire touches ground.

Does the Jeep restart normally after is stalls?
l_/--\_l__l/--\0lllllll0
_(o)) _) _(o))---))_______________________________
Old 02-28-2012, 07:59 PM

Ride: 4x4 CVT 2007
hunter44102 will become famous soon enough
could just need a good intake cleaning... get some throttle body cleaner and spray while revving it, burn off all those deposits! Every jeep I've ever owned would be cured of stalling after intake cleaning
Old 02-29-2012, 02:58 PM

Ride: 2008 Silver Patriot Sport FDI 4x4 CVT
todde702 is a name known to alltodde702 is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to todde702
Deedivine, how many miles? Have the spark plugs been changed? (Jeep recommends changing them every 30k miles) Have you tried running some fuel injector cleaner through a few tanks of gas? (there have been a few cases of clogged injectors) Are there any check engine lights or codes? (specifically P0300-0304 mis-fire codes or the P2004/P2017 Intake runner control codes) Why not fill us in on the problem and maybe we can help.

An engine needs air, fuel and spark to run so if it's stalling, one of those ingredients is missing.

Quote:
"Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
- William Shakespeare

"I swear to drunk I'm not God!"
- Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
complaints, engine stalls, fuel cut off

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.