Jeep Patriot Forums banner

CRDSTU Patriot Coils - Official $$$ Fighting Pricing for the US & US Distributorship

22K views 49 replies 26 participants last post by  MrJeepR44 
#1 ·
CRDSTU Patriot Coils - Official $$$ Fighting Pricing for the US & US Distributorship

Hi Everyone,

I dont frequent on here as much as I used to due to increased workloads which I guess is a positive and a negative in one aspect but I thought Id jump on here to give you guys an update on where I'm at with everything Patriot :)

I'm in talks still with a few people in regards to setting up a proper and professional Murchison Products US Distributorship which will cater for all of my products not just coils. Whilst this sort of thing takes forever to setup, I didnt want to leave you guys in the lurch as to pricing and affordability of my coils, not to mention the constantly varying USD Vs AUD.

So in short, for the moment I'd like to commit an advertised price to you guys of $500 AU for a set of 4 CRDSTU 2" lift coils delivered to your door anywhere in the US or Canada. This is about as good as its ever going to get even once the US Distributor comes on board as I'm not really making much at all on this price - I just want to see you guys using my coils and referring me afterall referral is the best tool in business. This price is also for the extra HD rears if reqd.

I'd also just like to mention for those of you who have bought my coils from the start over a year and a half ago when they were alot dearer, this is simply because I used to order by the pair at the time - now its a pallet so volume speaks for discount as such. Just wanted to put that to bed and give kudo's to the people who committed early on and to everyone thank you for your support!!

Warm Regards as always,
Stu Murchison

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Stu,
Your coils on my to do list. What was the price before? If I remember correctly, it was AU 550, right? Right now with USD so weak it comes out to $533. Hope you get your US distribution set up as soon as possible so you can expand your business even further. You definately deserve to be known world wide. I mean you already are among Patriot owners:) Good luck to you and hope doing business with you in the near future.

#3 ·
I am really tempted by this, but I dont even have the pat yet, and I need to wait until my tires are worn to buy another set. I dont like the lift w/ stock tire look.

I'm still wondering if i should buy them, and just store them.

#4 ·
Man, I wish I wasn't unemployed. I'd get them today if I could (and give up my own spring search). Great price Stu and thanks from the Patriot community for supporting us!

#5 ·
No worries guys I'm trying my absolute hardest to get them to you at a decent price which this is. I just want to reiterate that even when the Us distributor is on board the price isnt going to be super differnet so strike while the iron's hot before the $$ changes even further!!

I still have the choice of Black or Yellow - and that is exclusive to Patriot owners, I dont do Black coils for the other range of Jeeps I do :cool:

#6 ·
hi stu!
i take this opportunity to thank you again for the coils.
the ride is awesome!
i've got five months and around 5500 km since i lifted.
fantastic is the only word to describe!
keep up with the good work!
best regards
adrian

#7 ·
I've just ordered a set of black coils CRDSTU for my Pat, I'll upload before and after pics, and also pics with new tires (I guess I'll get Cooper Discoverer ATR), the sad part is waiting more than a month to get them here...

#10 ·
Yes and no. Due to the varying heights that the Pats seem to come in world wide, I'll need you to take some center of wheel to guard/fender edge measurements and email me stuart@murchisonproducts.com.au

I'll need to see them before making a call but generally the answer is yes :)

#11 ·
My son can skip daycare for a month, right?

Currently in a annual performance assessment cycle. C'mon decent raise (or promotion)... There's just soo many other pressing expenditures but coils are on my priority list!

How different are the HD coils from the regular duty? (and I've decided I'll break my Patriot's contrasting color theme for your standard "Yeah this baby's modded!" yellow)

#13 ·
Hmm not sure what's going on there, pls email me again. There was a period of about 4 days some time ago when we werent receiving emails due to a minor stuff up with the hosting however we managed to recover the emails?

Either way the pricing is at the top of this thread so you've inadvertantly saved some coin :)

Feel free to email me to get the ball rolling, again sorry for the email issue!

Cheers
Stu

#14 ·
Hey Murcho

What price for us poor buggers down under? Do you do the install?

Regards....Binnsy;)

#15 ·
Just like to say thanks Stu for the awesome service and the excellent product.
Coils were ordered and I recieved them in under a week from Australia to New Zealand.
I have the Heavy Duty coils and carry a couple of hundred KG's of parts and tools on a daily basis. My Pat used to sag 1.5 inches with the original springs and now barely drops at all with the new springs.
The ride is aswesome and the vehicle now looks and feels like a proper Jeep - its great to be able to look down on Rav4's and Honda CRV's etc.

#16 ·
Just as a side note, the measurements are:

Front: old springs gound to wheel arch cente above wheel - 780mm.
New - 835mm - lift of 55mm
Rear: old springs (loaded) 753mm (unloaded) 780.
New 855mm (unloaded) 840mm (loaded) - lift of 87mm when loaded!
Dom.

#18 ·
I contacted stu with regard to buying coils for our Pat as one of the front springs broke however before I decide in lifting the pat which is a UK spec CRD has anyone had problems with the CV joints or loosing greese out of the CV boots ,its my wifes car really and I dont want to create any issues .
lifted since december.no issues whatsoever.
the shop that installed the coils belongs to a friend of mine.he is a rally driver and they prepare their own cars in the shop,but do work for a selected clientelle-mostly friends.
he measured the angles after the lift and told me that the cv joints could handle even a bit more,so not to worry.
all i can tell you is that the ride has changed dramatically after the lift.
it's really fantastic.

#19 ·
stus coils/2011 spec springs

I have just measured a 2011 CRD at a local garage and it sits about 1.5" higher than our 07 crd from the wheel arch to the centre of the wheel,the price for new springs from the dealer are £48.91 plus vat each so if I buy four of the new spec springs from the dealer I can get the lift from the new springs for £234.76 instead of the £400 for stus I know that folk have said that stus coils give a better ride etc however I dont think I can justify the outlay.

#21 ·
I have just measured a 2011 CRD at a local garage and it sits about 1.5" higher than our 07 crd from the wheel arch to the centre of the wheel,the price for new springs from the dealer are £48.91 plus vat each so if I buy four of the new spec springs from the dealer I can get the lift from the new springs for £234.76 instead of the £400 for stus I know that folk have said that stus coils give a better ride etc however I dont think I can justify the outlay.
generally speaking,it depends on how high you want t go,but also how good a ride you want.
what you pay is what you get.
i wouldn't pay 234 GBP for factory coils to get the common patriot ride.
not after i know what stucoils have to offer.
if you don't give it a go,you'll never know!

#20 ·
I justified my purchase of Stu's Coils as a much better ride than the Factory Coils. You can't go wrong, spend the extra Money and Get the Coils from Stu, trust me you won't regret it. The ride is like Nite and Day comparing Stu Coils to Factory. You WILL be very Pleased with Stu Coils. Money well spent. Do it once and do it right. I took the RRO kit off for Stu Coils, you don't know what you are missing. Just Do It.

#23 ·
as many here know i have been in a position to actualy be able to compare the 2 types of lift and must say the stu coil is much better, my baby has had a hard time with traveling on a road to our transmitter site(i even got up section a landrover got bogged in)...but i do have chunky tyres aswell. you cannot go wrong. as always i do hhave to state that i know stu personaly:)

#32 ·
I tend to feel the same way, since I have a 2011 sport.....btw-$500 AUS = $490.10 US now so now would be a great time to buy.

But is anyone going to answer this guys question?......it's been a month and a half now, so I guess I'll have to ask again...

How much specifically will Stu's coils raise a 2011 Patriot Sport?

Height gained (total increase in inches) should be a constant = What is that measurement gain?

The end-result, total height of the Patriot, is subject to be variable based only on original tire size - because Patriots were equipped differently.

For the answer to my question, please don't ask me to take measurements cus all 2011 US Patriots supposedly came with the same springs from the factory, so they should all be the same height. The only factor that could change total height, would be the difference in factory tire size....but a spring is a spring and it should raise the car the same amount no matter what tires are on there.

Height gained = Height gained.....I could care less how tall my Patriot is at the end, as long as I can say that I gained X amount of inches.

#27 ·
Got my Stu's ordered and they are currently on their way here! Can't wait..I am changing struts, shocks, springs, sway bar bushings and tires all at once. I am hoping it all goes well!!

Stu has been great to deal with, excellent communication and answers any and all questions!

~Andrew

#29 ·
Hi renospatriot,

I am putting in KYB Excel-G up front and rear, Stu's coils, Energy SUspension sway bay bushings and new Kumho RoadVenture SAT KL61 in 235/65/17.

Can't wait!

~Andrew

#31 ·
Hi Reno,

They are a stock replacement, but from the info I have been able to find, they should be an improvement over factory replacements.

~Andrew

#33 ·
im ordering my coils next week.

#36 ·
I ordered about a 3 weeks ago and paid the 510. The coils are here and go on in about two weeks...they look awesome!! Can't wait to get them on.

~Andrew

#38 ·
are you guys going to put the coils on yourselves? i know i will do that then go to get the new wheels and tires put on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.