Patriot to be discontinued - Jeep Patriot Forums
JeepPatriot.com   JeepPatriot.com
The Jeep Patriot Enthusiast Resource

Notices

Jeep Patriot General Discussion General discussion for the Jeep Patriot

JeepPatriot.com is the premier Jeep Patriot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Enjoy JeepPatriot.com? Has the site helped you? If so, show your support! Become a Site Supporter!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:55 AM

miff_UK is on a distinguished road
Patriot to be discontinued

According to the Yorkshire Post newspaper motoring section.

In the review of the new Compass, the journalist mentions that the Patriot will be disconinued in 2014 with anticipated sales of 13,800.

To me, it looks like the new Compass' styling is combining the two models.

does anyone else know anything more ?

Miff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2011, 05:25 AM
POTM Winner AUG. 09.

Ride: Jaguar X-type 2.5 4x4
tiptronic has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to tiptronic
Discontinued in UK June 2011----wont last in UK into 2014---Its almost dead!! New Compass is also a stop-gap model , that will also be deleted by 2014. New 2014 models will be FIAT platform/engine based. Also small Jeep in 2014-15 probably Not based on Panda !!

Last edited by tiptronic; 04-17-2011 at 05:41 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:59 AM
POTM June 2009

Ride: 08 CRD Limited 4X4 Turbo Diesel Injection
Rends will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by miff_UK View Post

Itīs just the old one with a new face and got the same 2011 changes that made it into the 2011 Patriot.

JoeBecker: "Probably the most anticipated purchase ever."
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited CRD with Startech interior upgrade
Old 04-17-2011, 07:00 AM
POTM November 2008

Ride: 2008, 4x4, FD1, 5 speed. 25D long live vinyl seats
jepstr67 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by miff_UK View Post
According to the Yorkshire Post newspaper motoring section.

In the review of the new Compass, the journalist mentions that the Patriot will be disconinued in 2014 with anticipated sales of 13,800.

does anyone else know anything more ?

Miff
I know I wouldn't buy a Compass. I don't like the styling.
l_/--\_l__l/--\0lllllll0
_(o)) _) _(o))---))_______________________________
Old 04-17-2011, 07:22 AM
POTM June 2009

Ride: 08 CRD Limited 4X4 Turbo Diesel Injection
Rends will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jepstr67 View Post
I know I wouldn't buy a Compass. I don't like the styling.
+1

JoeBecker: "Probably the most anticipated purchase ever."
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited CRD with Startech interior upgrade
Old 04-17-2011, 09:14 AM

Location: Breaza , Romania and Nea Trapezounta-Katerini , Greece
Ride: 2.0 CRD LTD,CRDSTU, 1,25"spacers , skidpl8s & more
goguadi will become famous soon enough
+1

2.0 CRD Limited,Lifted with StuCoils,1.25" wheel spacers,engine-transmission&gas tank skidplates,6000K HID conversion kit,rear parking sensors,tow bar,235/65/17 GENERAL GRABBER UHP 108V on League 208 Nocturne rims (summer tires),245/65/17 Lassa Competus A/T on stock rims (winter tires), chrome grille,Patriot door sill guards,Startech Lifestyle leather interior,Husky Liners,Jeep aluminium pedal and dead pedal set.

Nothing like the sweet smell of Diesel
Old 04-17-2011, 09:57 AM

Ride: Silver 2.4L 2010 Jeep Patriot - CVT
SilverSlimer is on a distinguished road
If they discontinue the Patriot, I hope that they at least will have something similar to offer in 4 years. I don't need a guzzler.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:11 AM
POTM November 2008

With proper advertising, good fuel economy, a redesigned Fiat/Chrysler drive line, and traditional boxy XJ Cherokee styling, Jeep could position Patriot to be the SUV of choice for the future. There is nothing else like Patriot on the market offering this much space, 4x4, and near 30 MPG. Why oh why can't Fiat see that with even a little constructive advertising this vehicle is a fiscal gold mine appealing to traditional Jeep buyers and newcomers alike.

Sure it has its drawbacks. You can not get 30 MPG and have amazing performance in 4x4. Just deal with it. The Patriot is what it is. It is very very good at what it is!
l_/--\_l__l/--\0lllllll0
Old 04-17-2011, 12:30 PM

Ride: 2010 Jeep Patriot 2.2 CRD Overland
jonah_surly_charmer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
With proper advertising, good fuel economy, a redesigned Fiat/Chrysler drive line, and traditional boxy XJ Cherokee styling, Jeep could position Patriot to be the SUV of choice for the future. There is nothing else like Patriot on the market offering this much space, 4x4, and near 30 MPG. Why oh why can't Fiat see that with even a little constructive advertising this vehicle is a fiscal gold mine appealing to traditional Jeep buyers and newcomers alike.

Sure it has its drawbacks. You can not get 30 MPG and have amazing performance in 4x4. Just deal with it. The Patriot is what it is. It is very very good at what it is!
Having owned a Cherokee, both petrol and diesel here in the U.K. since 1993, I wanted the Patriot to be it's natural successor. But, now in my mid-60's I don't do the mileage, necessitating the purchase of a petrol engine (because of the dreaded dpf of diesels). This is where the Patriot cannot compete - because of its lousy petrol engine. I just cannot force myself to buy one of these! The 2011 price hike has also killed any attraction to it, and the impending discontinuance of the Model is a big distraction.
The new Compass is even worse, considered a bxxxxx joke, even the reps. at the local authorised dealership are downplaying it. Not that they have any Jeep cars to sell anyway, and even when they do I can't see anyone with any sense buying one, it's not competitive and it's being discontinued too.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:15 PM
POTM Winner AUG. 09.

My main concern with the new Compass is , that it seems to aimed at family car /luxury , rather than adventure /utility.It seems to be lacking in true Jeep DNA.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:24 PM
POTM November 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonah_surly_charmer View Post
Having owned a Cherokee, both petrol and diesel here in the U.K. since 1993, I wanted the Patriot to be it's natural successor. But, now in my mid-60's I don't do the mileage, necessitating the purchase of a petrol engine (because of the dreaded dpf of diesels). This is where the Patriot cannot compete - because of its lousy petrol engine. I just cannot force myself to buy one of these! The 2011 price hike has also killed any attraction to it, and the impending discontinuance of the Model is a big distraction.
The new Compass is even worse, considered a bxxxxx joke, even the reps. at the local authorised dealership are downplaying it. Not that they have any Jeep cars to sell anyway, and even when they do I can't see anyone with any sense buying one, it's not competitive and it's being discontinued too.
I find no problems with the standard gasoline engine. It is reliable and efficient. It has more than plenty of power for how I drive.

I've never considered a vehicle being discontinued to be any kind of reason for buying one or not. Vehicles are discontinued and replaced every year by every manufacturer. Parts remain available for decades after that. Not every vehicle has the amazing staying power due to stellar and timeless design, 29 years, like the original Wagoneer.
l_/--\_l__l/--\0lllllll0
Old 04-17-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
I find no problems with the standard gasoline engine. It is reliable and efficient. It has more than plenty of power for how I drive.

I've never considered a vehicle being discontinued to be any kind of reason for buying one or not. Vehicles are discontinued and replaced every year by every manufacturer. Parts remain available for decades after that. Not every vehicle has the amazing staying power due to stellar and timeless design, 29 years, like the original Wagoneer.
The engine, taken in isolation, may be well proven but when compared with petrol counterparts in the U.K. efficient it is not, and with fuel priced at equiv. $10 per gallon it is no wonder there is little interest for it over here. Maybe a good used example will attract, if I can find one, but buying new is a no-no - discontinuance affects residuals particularly gas guzzlers.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:21 PM
POTM Winner AUG. 09.

I managed to get hold of a new Compass brouchure , but its only for the LTD & 70th Anni models .
Sport & Sport plus not available in UK just yet.

It states fuel consumption for the 2.4 gas CVT Limited 4x4 ---

Urban..25.8 Imp

Combined..32.8 Imp

Extra Urban ..40.4 Imp

These figures are not far off what I get from my 2.4 gas Avenger.

My salesman said he would mail me any Bumff / Info he has on the new Chrysler Ypsilon & Delta as soon as he gets it , as they will be available in UK soon ( Yea I know they are not Jeeps ), but my dealership has had nothing to sell for months & are getting excited about new models.

I'm not so bothered about fuel economy , as I am a retired , low milage driver & also have the little 1.4 Skoda Fabia to fall back on.

Last edited by tiptronic; 04-17-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:23 PM

mgf is on a distinguished road
Who knows what cars will be on the market in the future but right now the Patriot looks great and is excellent value for money compared to other 4x4s. The past week was just over 41 MPG (UK) even with town driving.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgf View Post
Who knows what cars will be on the market in the future but right now the Patriot looks great and is excellent value for money compared to other 4x4s. The past week was just over 41 MPG (UK) even with town driving.
Do you make numerous cold starts, say small journey shopping trips? And if so do you encounter soot filter blocking, engine light warning glow of impending limp-mode conditions .
For that matter does any member own a diesel Patriot, do low mileage, and have to drive like a lunatic once a week to clear the dpf?
I probably would not hesitate to buy a diesel Pat but am all to wary of the general low mileage diesel dpf problem with the inconvenience of said 'lunatic mode', and any fuel cost saving being negated by altering my driving style.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
disconinued

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.