Compass 4WD! light/ wiring - Jeep Patriot Forums
JeepPatriot.com   JeepPatriot.com
The Jeep Patriot Enthusiast Resource

Notices

Jeep Compass Discussion for the Jeep Compass, which is built
on the same platform as the Jeep Patriot

JeepPatriot.com is the premier Jeep Patriot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Enjoy JeepPatriot.com? Has the site helped you? If so, show your support! Become a Site Supporter!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:46 PM

mr2innl is on a distinguished road
Compass 4WD! light/ wiring

Does anyone know where I can get a diagram for the 4x4 wiring? My 08 Compass is only working in 2wd. The garage told me there is a wiring issue under the carpet. So i'm looking for the wiring diagram.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2011, 03:48 PM

Sooo, the people who designed the wiring harness for Compass are morons. I guess they forgot that places who get snow eventually have water build up on the floor..and the carpet get's damp. Long story short, the 4x4 wiring is under the plastic trim that runs along the door sill. Jeep has fabric tape on 4 separate wire connections. Fabric absorbs moisture. After removing the tape, the connections were corroded green. I replaced the bad wiring with new and sealed it with 3m electrical tape. Problem fixed - 4x4 works again.I can't understand why the harness isn"t water resistant on joins. You would think they would have this figured out by now!!!

That's my 2 cents.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:32 PM

Ride: 2012 Rav4 Limited 4wd V6, former 2011 Limited FDII
MrJeepR44 is a jewel in the rough
I have read similar threads on the forum about this exact issue. Glad you figured it out, and hopefully it didn't cost you a whole lot to get diagnosed. At least your 4x4 is working again
Old 02-26-2011, 08:46 PM

Ya it's great! We are presently having a blizzard now and 2 feet of snow! Total 6 feet of powder for the last two months. Good time to have my Compass working properly.
It cost me $40 at the Dealer to tell me it was a wiring issue in the cabin. Being a electrician, I found the problem without too much trouble.
Hope this thread will help others!
Old 04-02-2011, 09:26 AM

NH_COMPASS2010 is on a distinguished road
Corroded Wiring

I have a similar issue with my 2010 Compass except my ETC light comes on. It is now at the dealership for the second time. They have already replaced the computer and now they are going to replace a harness as the wiring is corroded. Any thoughts about if the electrical tape would work?? Luckily my jeep is still under warranty but I obviously don't want this to be an on going problem.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:57 PM

dvalle07 is on a distinguished road
Great find!, I have an 07 Comapass and I cant find the freakin wiring schematic anywhere. Which side did you find the harness?
Old 10-06-2011, 04:09 PM

Ride: Wrangler
joshtimber is on a distinguished road
Did you get the circuit diagram of it?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.