Wrangler Athority AT 225/75/r16 - Jeep Patriot Forums
JeepPatriot.com   JeepPatriot.com
The Jeep Patriot Enthusiast Resource

Notices

Suspension and Tires Bigger Tires? Lifts? Discuss it here!
Sponsored by Discount Tire

JeepPatriot.com is the premier Jeep Patriot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Enjoy JeepPatriot.com? Has the site helped you? If so, show your support! Become a Site Supporter!
Old 01-08-2011, 11:14 PM

Ride: 09 sport 4x4,
jloffermann is on a distinguished road
Wrangler Athority AT 225/75/r16

Was looking at these tires couldnt find exact specs but the tread death is unbelievable i could almost stick a whole penny inside!!! they are around 150 us for the size listed above anyone ever use them?

also will they rub with stock sport 4x4? please looking for serious answers with experience.

Thank you very much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2011, 11:27 PM

Earthworm51 is just really nice
Where is the Photo ? It is a NoShow.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:55 PM

sorry when i inserted the image link nothing popped up i try another time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wranger athority at.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	7616  
Old 01-09-2011, 12:00 AM

Earthworm51 is just really nice
You haven't bought them yet, they have some meat on those Badboys !!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm running my Cooper STT 225/75/16 right now, pretty knarly. They make some noise going down the Road but I don't care. They make more noise than my Goodyear Wrangler with Kevlar in the sidewalls on my Jeep Comanche.

Last edited by Earthworm51; 01-09-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:20 AM

Ya, i did some looking at your blue jeep very nice! so you have the stu coils it looks like? im running stock suspension for now... budget not so much the problem, working on off duty time is haha.... so tires are quicker off road help in my current situation. You or anyone you know running 225 w/o a lift, mine came with 205/60/r16, my toyota came with 235/75/r15 and i put 31x10.50/r15 and had no issues only inch or 2 higher but that old toy is still in idaho and looks like had more fender-well clearance....
Old 01-09-2011, 06:14 AM

Ride: 2008 Sport FDI 5MT, Trailer Prep, Mopar Hitch
RHill is on a distinguished road
I couldn't find specifications for that tire online. That said, if it is true to size, a 225/75R16 will be 29.3 inches tall with rubbing issues unless you lift your Patriot.

You can see this thread for more info.

http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65189

As of November, 2014, 28.97 MPG for the first 84,280 miles, 70% highway, 29.7% city, and 0.3% off pavement.
Yokohama Geolander AT-S 215/70R16 all terrain tires. Speedometer corrected by telling the computer I have the 215/65R17 optional tires.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:20 AM

Ride: 2012 Compass Limited, 28F FDII Sun/Sound 430N
Tyler-98-W68 is a jewel in the rough
Better yet check out my thread here, the authorities are basically the same tire as the territories i have, in canada the authorities are a walmart only special and the territories a canadian tire special.

They will rub, but only at full lock, my tires are noisey but now i only use them in the winter (they have the mountain snowflake symbol)

They are amazing in deep snow, packed snow and ice, they also do well offroad in the muck too, it really transforms the patriot and makes it wayyyy more capable
245/65/17 Destination AT | LED High/Low Beam Conversion | 20" 240w LED Lightbar | Magnaflow Muffler | K&N Intake | RRO Lift + RR Winch Bumper Kit + Light Mount | Smittybuilt XRC8 Synthetic Cable Winch | Northstar AGM Deepcycle Battery | Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS | 1.25" Spacers Front & Rear | Midland Portable CB Radio | Wilson "Little Wil" Antenna |
Old 01-09-2011, 06:47 PM

awesome thanks for the help... tires seem to be my first mod, until i have more time to order and install a lift. I'll do some more looking around for some 215's they have it with bfgoodrich all terrains but i would like an aggressive.

thanks again.

why did they have to make the patriot so low... i already get good mpg, 22 avg. just like 3 inches taller stock would be awesome haha!

Last edited by jloffermann; 01-09-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:10 PM

Ride: 2012 Compass Limited, 28F FDII Sun/Sound 430N
Tyler-98-W68 is a jewel in the rough
The rubbing really isn't that bad and its only at full lock, if you are carfull you won't have to worry about it, I belive there are some BFG All terrains in 215/70/16 that should fit without any rubbing.
245/65/17 Destination AT | LED High/Low Beam Conversion | 20" 240w LED Lightbar | Magnaflow Muffler | K&N Intake | RRO Lift + RR Winch Bumper Kit + Light Mount | Smittybuilt XRC8 Synthetic Cable Winch | Northstar AGM Deepcycle Battery | Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS | 1.25" Spacers Front & Rear | Midland Portable CB Radio | Wilson "Little Wil" Antenna |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.