Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 - Jeep Patriot Forums
JeepPatriot.com   JeepPatriot.com
The Jeep Patriot Enthusiast Resource

Notices

Suspension and Tires Bigger Tires? Lifts? Discuss it here!
Sponsored by Discount Tire

JeepPatriot.com is the premier Jeep Patriot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Enjoy JeepPatriot.com? Has the site helped you? If so, show your support! Become a Site Supporter!
Old 01-08-2011, 04:29 AM

Ride: 2011 B-Berry Latitude 4X4 FD-II Off-Road Pkg. 28B
duece is on a distinguished road
Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10

235/65r17 Hankook DynaPro's on a 2011 Patriot Latitude 4x4 FDII....comments/suggestions/advice pleaseee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2011, 07:44 AM

Ride: 2007 Jeep Patriot Limited FDII
alltoreup1 is on a distinguished road
Great tire, perfect size

I have had them for about 3 weeks, and I love them. I had Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos before and these are much better. They have a nice looking sidewall and agreesive tread, yet are quiet on the street

Hammonton, NJ
Old 01-08-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltoreup1 View Post
I have had them for about 3 weeks, and I love them. I had Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos before and these are much better. They have a nice looking sidewall and agreesive tread, yet are quiet on the street

Do you have any suspension mods? If not, do you have any problems with rubbing/fitment? One of the tech guys at discounttiredirect.com told me that the 235/65r17 would be too tall for my truck but my dealer told me they would fit just fine. My guess is because of the new FDII suspension. I'm just trying to get some user opinions before i take the $500 dollar plundge. i appreciate the advise....
Old 01-08-2011, 05:31 PM

Ride: 08 Patriot North 4X4 FD1 5 SPD Michelin Xice-Xi2
miketmx is on a distinguished road
The suspension on the 2011 will not solve the problem of the wide 235 tires being real close to the strut. Check out the knowledge base article on the link shown below.

http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19625
Old 01-09-2011, 09:26 AM

Ride: 2007 Jeep Patriot Limited FDII
alltoreup1 is on a distinguished road
I have the FDII package on my 2007, and mine do not hit the strut. Mine drive great, and this is my second set of tires with this size.

Hammonton, NJ
Old 01-09-2011, 09:29 AM

Ride: 2011 Jeep wrangler, 2011 Pat north edtion
kojack is on a distinguished road
I had these on my F150 in bazillion ply, they were great, but they were rough. but the grip, and road manners were great.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltoreup1 View Post
I have the FDII package on my 2007, and mine do not hit the strut. Mine drive great, and this is my second set of tires with this size.
Could you post some pics when you get a chance? I gotta check them out!
Old 01-14-2011, 04:20 PM

Ride: 2014, silver, FDII
dixiedawg is a glorious beacon of lightdixiedawg is a glorious beacon of light
Could you still get tire chains over those tires? Any chance you can measure the clearance where the strut is? And/or maybe a photo?

You can go fast, but I can go anywhere
Old 01-16-2011, 10:38 PM

MrCanoehead is on a distinguished road
I can't speak toward the fitment on the Patriot, but I have these tires on my '09 Ram. they've got about 10,000 kms on them and I rate them so far - so good. They're quiet (especially for an AT), they're wearing great, all around traction is very good... good in mud and very good in snow (so far)... and about as good as could be expected from an AT on ice. Probably one of the best AT tires I have ever driven on... especially for the price.
For comparson, a friend has new Michelin LTX / AT2s on virtually the same truck as mine. He drove my truck last week (in snow and on wet pavement) and he mentioned that he liked the way mine rode better and he said that he thought they were as good, if not better in the snow than his. When I told him how much they cost, he just rolled his eyes. I have to admit that when I decided to buy them, I wasn't expecting too much from them for the $$, but so far I'm pretty happy with them. They also have a decent treadwear rating which hopefully equates to a fairly lengthy tread-depth existence.

Last edited by MrCanoehead; 01-16-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:45 PM

Ride: 09 sport 4x4,
jloffermann is on a distinguished road
hey i did the tire claculator with your stock tire and new tire size, i dont think they would fit

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCal...?action=submit

heres why: your stock tire:27.15 dia the 235 is 29.02 so even though its like .03 in thinner due to the 2inch difference in diam your most likely gonna rub the tires.

the link below plug in your jeep yr and model and the new tire size it gives you difference in every way.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloffermann View Post
hey i did the tire claculator with your stock tire and new tire size, i dont think they would fit

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCal...?action=submit

heres why: your stock tire:27.15 dia the 235 is 29.02 so even though its like .03 in thinner due to the 2inch difference in diam your most likely gonna rub the tires.

the link below plug in your jeep yr and model and the new tire size it gives you difference in every way.
My stock tire size is 215/65r17....if i go with the 235/65r17 hankooks i will only be gaining an extra inch in diameter making it 29", a half inch on the sidewall making it 6", and about 3/4" in width making it 9.25"....overall its not a huge difference but i understand i may be cutting it close. If it does rub, i will just have to work my magic with the grinder! Haha once i have everything setup ill post pictures and my results and/or necessary modifications....

~i have all the ideas in my head, now all i need is my Jeep!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:57 AM

Ride: 09 sport 4x4,
jloffermann is on a distinguished road
sounds good

Hey sounds good, pictures would be awesome, tires are going to be my first mod to, lift is cheaper, but tires are quicker for time i have on weekends haha
Old 02-25-2011, 06:08 AM

Order Placed!

I placed the order this morning for the Hankooks in 235/65R17....i got them from discounttiredirect.com for $524 with free shipping...i should have them installed by next weekend....ill post some before and after pics and let you guys know how i make out!

2011 Blackberry Pearl Jeep Patriot Latitude 4X4, FDII Off-Road group, Sun and Sound group, Security and Convenience group, 430 Media group, Philips Crystalvision Ultra Bulbs, Warn W650D Wireless Off-Road Lights, Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 235/65R17, Wrinkle Black Powder Coated 17" OEM Jeep Rims, Rola Roof Basket, Mopar T-Handle Shift Knob, Jeep 70th Anniversay Badges, 20% Window Tint.

Last edited by duece; 02-25-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:50 PM

New Tires!

Received my tires in the mail today and they look great....can't wait to have them installed. I have an appointment to have the rims done and tires mounted this coming Tuesday. I'll be sure to post some before and after pictures so make sure you stayed tuned!

2011 Blackberry Pearl Jeep Patriot Latitude 4X4, FDII Off-Road group, Sun and Sound group, Security and Convenience group, 430 Media group, Philips Crystalvision Ultra Bulbs, Warn W650D Wireless Off-Road Lights, Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 235/65R17, Wrinkle Black Powder Coated 17" OEM Jeep Rims, Rola Roof Basket, Mopar T-Handle Shift Knob, Jeep 70th Anniversay Badges, 20% Window Tint.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:40 PM

Talking 235/65R17

Got my tires installed yesterday and had the stock rims powder coated in wrinkle black....slight rub at full lock but nothing to be concerned about....i posted photos of everything else in a new thread....

http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69073
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tiresize.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	7970  

Last edited by duece; 03-08-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.