Patriot Belly Pan Fastener - Jeep Patriot Forums
JeepPatriot.com   JeepPatriot.com
The Jeep Patriot Enthusiast Resource


Notices

Jeep Patriot General Discussion General discussion for the Jeep Patriot

JeepPatriot.com is the premier Jeep Patriot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Enjoy JeepPatriot.com? Has the site helped you? If so, show your support! Become a Site Supporter!
  #1  
Old 09-23-2010, 01:28 PM
MINICooperS's Avatar
MINICooperS MINICooperS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 497
Ride: '10 Sport 4x4 5sp, '03 MCS 6sp, '01 TRX400EX 4sp
MINICooperS is on a distinguished road
Patriot Belly Pan Fastener

Removed my belly pan for the oil and filter replacement and noticed that a fastener seems to be missing from the center of the pan. Anyone else notice this or do you have a fastener at this location like the pan design suggests?

Last edited by MINICooperS; 07-27-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Patriot Patriot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 108
Patriot is on a distinguished road
Mine was the same way. Problem is that after a period of time the cover will sag thereby increasing the gap between the oil pan and the cover. Then, when you are on a rough road the cover jumps up an down and hits the pan making a tapping noise which will certainly be misconstrued as imminent doom by many or most. Go to the auto parts store and get a fastener and plug it in. Paranoia avoided! By the way, removal of the cover is not necessary for the oil and filter change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 09-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Schoat333's Avatar
Schoat333 Schoat333 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 1,863
Ride: 2011 Honda Fit sport.
Schoat333 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Schoat333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
Mine was the same way. Problem is that after a period of time the cover will sag thereby increasing the gap between the oil pan and the cover. Then, when you are on a rough road the cover jumps up an down and hits the pan making a tapping noise which will certainly be misconstrued as imminent doom by many or most. Go to the auto parts store and get a fastener and plug it in. Paranoia avoided! By the way, removal of the cover is not necessary for the oil and filter change.
I am missing that as well, and I do get that annoying tapping noise.

Any idea what size thread, and pitch, the fastener is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 09-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Patriot Patriot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 108
Patriot is on a distinguished road
I just bought a large one that expanded when you push the center pin in. No threads involved. It might have been 1/4 or 3/8 ?? Been a while.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 09-23-2010, 03:29 PM
mav0016's Avatar
mav0016 mav0016 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 326
mav0016 will become famous soon enough
Why are you removing anything to change your oil? There is a hole for the filter big enough to put your hand through and the plug isn't covered by the pan.
__________________
08 Patriot inferno red, North Edition 4x4 Lifted RR
Ottawa, Canada
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 09-23-2010, 04:12 PM
MINICooperS's Avatar
MINICooperS MINICooperS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 497
Ride: '10 Sport 4x4 5sp, '03 MCS 6sp, '01 TRX400EX 4sp
MINICooperS is on a distinguished road
I'm kinda anal that way, I removed the belly pan for a cleaner oil change job.
Also, I'll be checking with the dealer to supply the appropriate pop fastener.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 09-23-2010, 09:28 PM
todde702's Avatar
todde702 todde702 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Roslyn, PA
Posts: 5,379
Ride: 2008 Silver Patriot Sport FDI 4x4 CVT
todde702 is a name known to alltodde702 is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to todde702
Yea, mine was also missing. I picked up a 1/4" J-nut and a 1/4-20 stainless steel bolt and washer from Home Depot and bolted it in. According to the dealer, there's supposed to be a chunk of foam padding there to keep it quiet. I was also missing a plastic clip off the lower front bumper cover where it attached to the lower radiator support on the passenger side. I had posted a thread about it a long time ago and several people were missing the same clip.

Here's my old thread with some pictures: http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22117
__________________
-Todd
08 Sport 4x4 FDI Silver, The Black Muffler Gang, Mud Flaps, Weathertech vent shades, TAG Rear Bumper
Carr Lightwing, Pilot Navigator Driving Lights, K&N Air Filter and a jp.com decal

Quote:
"Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
- William Shakespeare

"I swear to drunk I'm not God!"
- Anonymous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 09-24-2010, 12:52 AM
MINICooperS's Avatar
MINICooperS MINICooperS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 497
Ride: '10 Sport 4x4 5sp, '03 MCS 6sp, '01 TRX400EX 4sp
MINICooperS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by todde702 View Post
Yea, mine was also missing. I picked up a 1/4" J-nut and a 1/4-20 stainless steel bolt and washer from Home Depot and bolted it in. According to the dealer, there's supposed to be a chunk of foam padding there to keep it quiet. I was also missing a plastic clip off the lower front bumper cover where it attached to the lower radiator support on the passenger side. I had posted a thread about it a long time ago and several people were missing the same clip.

Here's my old thread with some pictures: http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22117
Thanks for the update. Read thru your old thread and it appears the dealer may not have a clue. I'm still trying to get my wavy inside rear view mirror squared away. I was on a road trip in Texas and stopped by a dealer to have him check his mirrors on his new units and they were as bad as mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 09-24-2010, 03:36 AM
BWheeler's Avatar
BWheeler BWheeler is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 791
Ride: 2007 Patriot Bright Silver Metal
BWheeler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav0016 View Post
Why are you removing anything to change your oil? There is a hole for the filter big enough to put your hand through and the plug isn't covered by the pan.
I also don't remove anything...The hole is enough for me when I'm changing my oil...
__________________
bundesliga
bundesliga
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 09-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Harbor Harbor is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Posts: 240
Ride: Grand Cherokee, Crossfire, Challenger
Harbor will become famous soon enough
I've removed the pan for tranny fluid changes and mine just came with 4 fasteners. They're a couple bucks apiece at the dealer.
__________________
'14 Black Limited
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 09-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Jeep#2 Jeep#2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 189
Jeep#2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINICooperS View Post
I'm kinda anal that way, I removed the belly pan for a cleaner oil change job.
Also, I'll be checking with the dealer to supply the appropriate pop fastener.
Huh? How is it a "Cleaner Change" No oil gets on the backside of the belly pan unless you have no clue on how to change the oil or have the wrong tools for the job..

Lot of extra work for nothing, its not designed to be removed for each oil change.

Bet the dealer will laugh at you and then gladly charge you a huge price for a clip you should not need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.