power windows/locks - Jeep Patriot Forums
JeepPatriot.com   JeepPatriot.com
The Jeep Patriot Enthusiast Resource

Notices

Interior Interior questions and modifications.
Seats, dash, rollcages, mounts and misc

JeepPatriot.com is the premier Jeep Patriot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Enjoy JeepPatriot.com? Has the site helped you? If so, show your support! Become a Site Supporter!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:23 PM

Ride: 2010 Jeep Patriot Sport 4X4 FDII
Nor_calboi is on a distinguished road
Question power windows/locks

i got my 2010 pat with FDII but it didnt come with power windows or power locks....does anybody know roughly how much it would cost to have power windows/locks and an alarm installed?

i went to one place by my house and all he did was type into a calculator and came up with $1000 as a number....any help would be nice

im in southern california FYI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2010, 04:30 AM

Ride: Jeep Patriot CVT2, 2.4 VVT :D
Patriot Fan is on a distinguished road
hi and welcome!! congrats for your new pat!, you will love it.

check with your local shops... you want OEM switches??? it will cost a lot!!!

good luck!
Old 10-19-2010, 04:16 PM

deme2780 is on a distinguished road
Hi there calboi, im in southern California too. Did you find a place to do it for less than $1000?
Old 10-19-2010, 05:18 PM

Talking

no. everywhere i have called just guestimated it at around 1000 for power windows/locks.....ive only checked a few places. when i asked the dealer about it he seemed kinda shocked that i would even want to add them im in orange, if you find anything let me know! i will do the same...
Old 10-19-2010, 10:13 PM

full house is on a distinguished road
go to local shop near your place or go back to where you bought your pat and ask for assistant on your problem I'm sure they can give you good advice.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:33 PM

Ride: 2010 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4x4 -- Brilliant Black
MoeBucks is on a distinguished road
Before getting my Riot, I was considering buying a "basic" model that didn't come with anything (like yours). I researched the cost to install power windows and power locks, and this is my conclusion:

Power locks can easily be installed using actuators. Most shops can do this for about $50 or less per door, give or take a few dozen bucks. Of course, the alarm itself will also become a big factor in what the total "system" would run you.

Power windows, that is expensive. You have to buy aftermarket power window kits (couple hundred bucks), then have the motors, wires, and switches installed (lots of man hours).

$1,000 for the whole thing is pretty much reasonable and with most cars, from the manufacturer, that's how much it costs to upgrade to power windows and locks anyway. I don't know why Jeep doesn't let you just choose power windows/locks as an option, without upgrading your model. Luckily, I got a Latitude, which is a 4x4 sport with Limited features.

I negotiated the hell out of my price, got rebates, incentives, good APR, and put a ton of money down. I have heated seats, heated mirrors, remote start, power everything and a bunch of other crap I never even use, but I got it for the price of a basic model, almost.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=MoeBucks;271813]
Power locks can easily be installed using actuators. Most shops can do this for about $50 or less per door, give or take a few dozen bucks. Of course, the alarm itself will also become a big factor in what the total "system" would run you.
QUOTE]

im fine with manual windows, i would love power door locks. for some reason on my car before this everybody could lock the doors manually but on my new pat they have no clue and ALWAYS forget...lol
Old 10-21-2010, 04:02 PM

NS_Caver is on a distinguished road
Or you could do what I did once while installing power locks (did it myself way back when)

I got the actuators for the locks, got to playing with them and thought "hmmmm".

A few moments later another "hmmmm".

Naturally, with two instances of "hmmmm" I had to go out and buy two more actuators. I also picked up a couple springs.

"What for you do that!!??" you ask?

Well, it was because the thought of pulling up and out on a door handle to open the door was just far too much for me. I'll tell you though... The first time I locked the keys in the vehicle and realized I had no door handles was a real bummer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
alarm, lock, power locks, power windows, window

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.