Adding EVIC - Jeep Patriot Forums
JeepPatriot.com   JeepPatriot.com
The Jeep Patriot Enthusiast Resource

Notices

Jeep Patriot General Discussion General discussion for the Jeep Patriot

JeepPatriot.com is the premier Jeep Patriot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Enjoy JeepPatriot.com? Has the site helped you? If so, show your support! Become a Site Supporter!
Old 06-13-2010, 12:13 PM

brubakes is on a distinguished road
Adding EVIC

Can you add the EVIC to a Patriot that did't come with one? Parts list? I'm sure its crazy expensive thing to add, but say it was possible....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2010, 01:43 PM

Ride: 2008 Silver Patriot Sport FDI 4x4 CVT
todde702 is a name known to alltodde702 is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to todde702
I'd think you'd need the whole EVIC gauge cluster. I don't think you could add it to a non EVIC one. A PCM flash would also probably be needed to get the functionality. What specific function did you want to get from the EVIC? If it's MPG readings, try a ScanGauge II device. I have one and it has a ton of info available from the PCM (Plus it can pull OBDII codes from just about any vehicle).

Quote:
"Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
- William Shakespeare

"I swear to drunk I'm not God!"
- Anonymous
Old 06-13-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todde702 View Post
I'd think you'd need the whole EVIC gauge cluster. I don't think you could add it to a non EVIC one. A PCM flash would also probably be needed to get the functionality. What specific function did you want to get from the EVIC? If it's MPG readings, try a ScanGauge II device. I have one and it has a ton of info available from the PCM (Plus it can pull OBDII codes from just about any vehicle).

Mostly just wondering out loud. I always like to know what and if options my vehicles could get if they didn't come with it.

Does anyone know if the mileage is stored in the cluster like the Wranglers?
Old 06-14-2010, 01:24 PM

Ride: 2012 Compass Limited, 28F FDII Sun/Sound 430N
Tyler-98-W68 is a jewel in the rough
It won't have the same look, but why not get a Scanguage II, it has more features than the Evic, i've got one and love it.
235/65/17 Discoverer AT/3 Tires | LED High/Low Beam Conversion | 20" 240w LED Lightbar | Magnaflow Muffler | K&N Intake | RRO Lift + RR Winch Bumper Kit + Light Mount | Smittybuilt XRC8 Synthetic Cable Winch | Northstar AGM Deepcycle Battery | Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS | 1.25" Spacers Front & Rear | Midland Portable CB Radio | Wilson "Little Wil" Antenna | Weathertech Front/Rear Mats
Old 06-18-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-98-W68 View Post
It won't have the same look, but why not get a Scanguage II, it has more features than the Evic, i've got one and love it.
I've almost bought the scangauge on several occasions for other Jeeps. Having the EVIC would just be nice for the full factory look.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:34 PM

Rskitall is on a distinguished road
I looked into this and you do have to replace the whole instrument panel to get it not worth it unless you get it at a junk yard for cheap.I really wanted the evic also because I can't change my horn on lock or any other setting.It is really annoying for it to honk everytime the doors lock plus I would like to see the gas mileage.
Hidden Hitch Class 3 2" receiver
Thule cross bars
3,000lb winch on the receiver
Old 06-18-2010, 03:58 PM

Utopium is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rskitall View Post
I looked into this and you do have to replace the whole instrument panel to get it not worth it unless you get it at a junk yard for cheap.I really wanted the evic also because I can't change my horn on lock or any other setting.It is really annoying for it to honk everytime the doors lock plus I would like to see the gas mileage.
If that is a setting that you don't plan on changing, you could take it to the dealer to have them turn off the horn on lock. They may charge for the programming, but it certainly is cheaper then trying to install an EVIC.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:41 AM

Ride: 2012 Dodge Charger SXT V6
johnnyboy123 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I don't know if this works on the 07's but to change it to not beep/or to beep when you press lock on the key fob.

Press and hold lock button on remote for 4-10 seconds, then press panic button and release both buttons at the same time.

Do the same procedure to turn the beep back on if you want.
20% Tint Front, Factory Tint Rear
Cooper Discoverer AT3 235/65R17

Last edited by johnnyboy123; 06-19-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I looked into this and you do have to replace the whole instrument panel to get it not worth it unless you get it at a junk yard for cheap.I really wanted the evic also because I can't change my horn on lock or any other setting.It is really annoying for it to honk every time the doors lock plus I would like to see the gas mileage.
Other then the cluster itself what is needed? I'm guessing the outdoor temp sensor is already there since I can get that info from the odometer area. I'm figuring the tire pressure sensors would be needed for sure.

If one went ahead with this and got a hold of a new cluster how can you update the mileage so it's correct and accurate? I know in the case of my Wrangler the mileage is stored in the cluster.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:45 PM

Ride: 07 Blk Patriot Limited 4x4 , 08 BMW E90 M3 IB
kerkiraios00 is on a distinguished road
Hi did you ever get it done? Change the cluster?
Old 06-04-2012, 01:25 AM
an odd member

Ride: 2011 Jeep Patriot 4x4 sport
cmoore has a spectacular aura about
I looked into this a while back. I was informed by jeep( after numerous phone calls and much prodding) that in order to do this I would have to replace the entire wiring harness and add more from the front to the cluster. I have settled with the scangauge II and have been more than happy with it. You can even create the custom background color that matches almost exact to the greenish color that comes in the pat.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

An Angry Mind is a Narrow Mind
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.