13 y/o steals a Patriot, dies in crash - Jeep Patriot Forums
JeepPatriot.com   JeepPatriot.com
The Jeep Patriot Enthusiast Resource

Notices

The Sway Bar Your Off-Topic Playland.
Non-Jeep related topics.
The Abyss   Where bad threads go to die  (restricted access)

JeepPatriot.com is the premier Jeep Patriot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Enjoy JeepPatriot.com? Has the site helped you? If so, show your support! Become a Site Supporter!
Old 05-06-2010, 02:03 PM

Ride: 2011 Honda Fit sport.
Schoat333 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Schoat333
13 y/o steals a Patriot, dies in crash

This was on the other Jeep site.

13 y/o Steal Patriot, Dies in crash

Poor Patriot...

Last edited by Schoat333; 05-06-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2010, 02:20 PM

Ride: '09 Patriot Sport, '06 Commander Sport, '69 MGB
TPS is on a distinguished road
hate to hear about a young kid getting killed, but he basically killed himself. Not much anyone could do about it. Just lucky no one else got hurt by his recklessness.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:03 PM

Ride: (Patriot pending...I hope)
Medic311 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Medic311 Send a message via MSN to Medic311
he would have survived if he was wearing a seat belt...just goes to show how important they are (even if you are driving a car illegally b/c you stole it or you don't have a license).

if you look at the pictures of the patriot, the compartment is completely intact which means the only way this boy died was if he was ejected through the window or when the car flipped his body weight fell right onto his neck and snapped it...both completely preventable by wearing a seat belt.

i used to live in the Philadelphia area and i can tell you that certain parts of Chester County, especially this area where it happened, is a very economically depressed area. crime is rampant, whether it's burglaries, murders, etc. it's so bad that paramedics are forced to wear bullet proof vests because medics have been gunned down to steal the morphine and other medications/pain killers in the back of an ALS ambulance. this also caused ambulance companies to remove the ALS from ambulances in hopes that criminals would think it's a BLS truck. while i am not surprised that something like this happened and i'm so used to it at this point it's not even news to me anymore, it still saddens me to hear about it. i wish they could do something about this area...and it became like this the same way Bethlehem transformed after Bethlehem Steel collapsed. industry dried up.

on an end note to wrap things up, i would have really liked to see the Patriot's high roof strength and side curtain airbags save this kid, but without a seat belt you're in bad shape in a rollover.

Last edited by Medic311; 05-06-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:17 PM

Ride: 2008 Silver Patriot Sport FDI 4x4 CVT
todde702 is a name known to alltodde702 is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to todde702
Details are coming in and it sounds like the kid tried to bail right before it flipped and it landed on him. It's sad he had to die. Darwinism.

Quote:
"Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
- William Shakespeare

"I swear to drunk I'm not God!"
- Anonymous
Old 05-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Annoying Member

Ride: 1959 CJ-5 Willy, 2006 Wrangler, 2009 Patriot Sport
robi454 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to robi454
I've said it before and I'll say it again. "DON'T RUN FROM THE COPS!" It never ends well. It is sad that a 13 year old who had his whole life ahead of him, had to test Darwin's theory of evolution and lost his life.

Then again the Cop in me can't help but think, "If at 13 he is already stealing cars, what will he be doing at 16? 18? 21? How long before he kills someone else. Maybe society is better off without him.

Everyone should believe in something…I believe, I’ll have another beer.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:14 PM

Ride: 08 Charger 3.5L
navy48 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by robi454 View Post
Then again the Cop in me can't help but think, "If at 13 he is already stealing cars, what will he be doing at 16? 18? 21? How long before he kills someone else. Maybe society is better off without him.
that's a terrible comment and way of thinking, "cop" or not. unfortunately I agree with you........
Old 05-06-2010, 08:39 PM

Ride: (Patriot pending...I hope)
Medic311 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Medic311 Send a message via MSN to Medic311
Quote:
Originally Posted by robi454 View Post

i think everyone deserves a chance, who knows what this boy's situation was at home or what kinds of abuses he was exposed to. i don't mean to make excuses with my previous sentence, but some people just need to take a new path in their life and they need help doing it. this boy had a chance to be a very productive and successful member of society, and this great country has the resources (maybe not enough of them) to help people get on the right track. it's a crying shame that this had to happen. the phrase "you can't give up until you try" could be applied to helping this boy but unfortunately now it's too late.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:12 PM

Ride: 2011 Durango Express AWD, '12 Avenger R/T
AntDragon will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to AntDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgg204 View Post
i think everyone deserves a chance, who knows what this boy's situation was at home or what kinds of abuses he was exposed to. i don't mean to make excuses with my previous sentence, but some people just need to take a new path in their life and they need help doing it. this boy had a chance to be a very productive and successful member of society, and this great country has the resources (maybe not enough of them) to help people get on the right track. it's a crying shame that this had to happen. the phrase "you can't give up until you try" could be applied to helping this boy but unfortunately now it's too late.
Not every person committing crime or going against the norms in society have troubled pasts, many just make bad decisions because they want to be cool or they do things for the thrill and to feel like a rebel doing unconventional things. It is sad that this is how it ended, with him being fatally punished for his crime instead of learning a hard lesson through surviving.

But did everyone notice how the report is leaning on how Rasheem he was chased and that he was pinned by the Patriot (again, a disheartening outcome) while accusing the cops of possibly striking the vehicle? Hopefully other reports and this one does not lead to people being scared of Patriot rollover incidents and police being told to not chase criminals (won't be the first time...)

FAREWELL modded Patriot, had fun. It's been swell, but my family needs more now and I no longer have time for "fun" :-(
Old 05-07-2010, 07:50 AM

Ride: 2008 Silver Patriot Sport FDI 4x4 CVT
todde702 is a name known to alltodde702 is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to todde702
He would have flipped any vehicle he was driving. He learned how to drive playing video games and those cars don't kill you. I read a bunch of comments on that article and some folks are already blaming the cops for chasing a 13 yr old. *shakes head* I know everyone on this board has a brain, so I don't need to offer any rebuttal to those accusations.

jgg, apparently this kid already spent time in Juve for past theft crimes. He took his chance at stealing a car this time and lost. So he was a troubled teen. What I find sad is now everyone in that community is coming together to memorialize the event...where the hell were these people when he was still alive!?? Now they suddenly care? Poor Mooch (his knickname), we'll miss you? They should have come together before that and tried to turn him around. They should start doing this now for any other "kids" on the same path.

Quote:
"Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
- William Shakespeare

"I swear to drunk I'm not God!"
- Anonymous
Old 05-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Annoying Member

Ride: 1959 CJ-5 Willy, 2006 Wrangler, 2009 Patriot Sport
robi454 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to robi454
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgg204 View Post
I'm not arguing with you, only clarifying my previous statement, I'll admit, it did sound rather cold.

Not every criminal has a troubled childhood, and not everyone with a troubled childhood turns into a criminal. One of the men I work with was a victim of child neglect, was sexually abused by a foster parent, who tried to kill him at that age of 8. He is a highly decorated police officer, mentors troubled teens and is a foster parent to 4 boys who have similar back grounds.

On the other hand, I've arrested several teenagers who came from good homes, had every advantage in life and still turn out to be future criminal's in the making. Do you realize how many teenage offenders turn into repeat offenders.

I agree everyone deserves a chance, those with troubled childhoods shouldn't be neglected that opportunity, but how many chances should they get? when do you draw that line and say enough is enough.

I'm sorry this kid had to die, I feel sorry for his family, I truly do. But we have to face the facts this kid was on his way to being a criminal for the rest of his life. The "Maybe he will change" way of thinking is only going to get innocent people killed. And everyone in Chester County should thank God that he was the only person who died.

less than 1% of Police pursuits are fatal, but 35% of those claim the lives of innocent people.

Everyone should believe in something…I believe, I’ll have another beer.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:15 PM

Ride: 07 Lifted FDII North; 81 Westy
heckler is a jewel in the rough
videos, photos, slideshow... wow, that was a lot of coverage for one stolen Jeep. Must be a small town.
Project Abyss - 07 FDII North, RRO lift, 16X8 Soft 8 with 235/70-16 Grabber AT's, Roof Basket, Procomp 55 roof lights, dash tweeters, 2" hitch, North Shore Rack, K&N drop-in, Hi-lift, Procomp 55 driving lights
Old 05-08-2010, 12:28 AM
A True Straight Shooter

Ride: 08 Patriot Sport Black-Crystal 2.4L CVT2 4x4
firemothjoe will become famous soon enough
So did the police perform a pit manuver or not?

I've always wondered how a Patriot with ESP enabeled would respond to a pit manuver. Ideas?

About the crash.... it's unfortunate a perfetly good Patriot got all wanged up. And it's great that no innocents or cops were harmed. And imagine all the rapings, petty crimes, and murders that little thug will get to miss out on. Striken down so early in his prime. Stealing a car that requires a special computer key implies talent. Tragic. I feel extra sorry for the parents who worked so hard at raising him.

(Before you go thinkin, "FMJ, being an ahole as usual" Imagine if it was your Patriot that got stolen.... and destroyed)

Last edited by firemothjoe; 05-08-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:35 AM

Ride: 08 Charger 3.5L
navy48 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemothjoe View Post
"FMJ, being an ahole as usual"

I'm happy for you....."admission is the first step to recovery"!
Old 05-08-2010, 12:10 PM
A True Straight Shooter

Ride: 08 Patriot Sport Black-Crystal 2.4L CVT2 4x4
firemothjoe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by navy48 View Post
I'm happy for you....."admission is the first step to recovery"!
Hahahaha! I left that one open!

But seriously... ESP and pit manuvers. I wanna know how that works! Guess Ill look it up on my own when I have some time.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:53 PM

Ride: 2011 Honda Fit sport.
Schoat333 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Schoat333
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemothjoe View Post
So did the police perform a pit manuver or not?

I've always wondered how a Patriot with ESP enabeled would respond to a pit manuver. Ideas?

About the crash.... it's unfortunate a perfetly good Patriot got all wanged up. And it's great that no innocents or cops were harmed. And imagine all the rapings, petty crimes, and murders that little thug will get to miss out on. Striken down so early in his prime. Stealing a car that requires a special computer key implies talent. Tragic. I feel extra sorry for the parents who worked so hard at raising him.

(Before you go thinkin, "FMJ, being an ahole as usual" Imagine if it was your Patriot that got stolen.... and destroyed)
I guess I'm an ahole too because i agree with you 100%.

Im curious how he stole the patriot. The only thing I can think of is He stole the key first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.