Jeep Patriot Forums banner

How Do I Become a Site Supporter?

465K views 87 replies 56 participants last post by  Grizius 
#1 ·
JeepPatriot.com is a privately owned, volunteer-run website devoted to owners and enthusiasts of the Jeep Patriot. We are funded solely by donations to our site, and by any funds made through advertising. It is a FREE website and we plan on keeping it that way!

To assist with server and hosting costs, your support is appreciated!

If you found the information on JeepPatriot.com helpful or just enjoy being here, your help is appreciated! You contribution will ensure a place for Patriot enthusiasts to hang out, learn about their rigs and make lasting friendships with the people behind the keyboard!

How do I become a Site Supporter?

First click "UserCP" in the toolbar to enter into your Control Panel:

Next, scroll down to the bottom of your Control Panel and select "Paid Subscriptions" from the toolbar on the left side.

You will be brought to the "Paid Subscription" selection screen. You can choose to be a "Site Supporter Level I" or a "Site Supporter Level II".

What's the difference between Site Supporter Level I and Site Supporter Level II?

Site Supporter Level I: $15
  • Site Supporter Rank Image shows up on your posts:
  • Username shows up GREEN and BOLD
  • 250 PM Storage (up from 50)
  • Access to "The Abyss" (better then cable!)
  • Attachment Upload up to 5MB (up from 2.5MB)
  • Photo Gallery Upload Access 15 MB (up from 5MB)
  • Can view who left reputation for you
  • Avatar sized up to 125 X 125 and 40,000 bytes (39.07 kb)
  • More?

Site Supporter Level II: $20
  • Site Supporter Level II Rank Image shows up on your posts:
  • Username shows up GREEN and BOLD
  • 350 PM Storage (up from 50)
  • Access to "The Abyss" (better then cable!)
  • Attachment Upload up to 7MB (up from 2.5MB)
  • Can view who left reputation for you
  • Photo Gallery Upload Access 20MB (up from 5MB)
  • Avatar sized up to 125 X 125 and 50,000 bytes (48.83 kb)
  • More?

Click the "Order" button next to the Supporter option you want.

You will brought to a confirmation screen, click "Order using PayPal" (Note: You do not need PayPal to go on...read on!)

You will be sent to PayPal's site. If you are already a member of PayPal, simply log in.

If you are not a PayPal member, you can either choose to sign up for PayPal, or click the Continue link next to the "Don't Have a PayPal Account?" verbage. Using this method, you can use a credit card without signing up for PayPal.

That's IT! Your permissions and perks will be automatically updated!

We truly appreciate your help and support in making JeepPatriot.com the best website on the internet!

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm a little confused on this:
Attachment Upload up to 7MB (up from 2.5MB)

The biggest current attachment available is a .jpg or .zip at 97.7KB

Where does the 2.5MB or 7MB come into play?

Thanks
Jim

#8 ·
Thanks Gaze/Octazcat...I was just unsure if it was a monthly payment or a one time payment, and if I read this correctly it is a one time payment. I'll be showing my support soon!

#10 ·
I have accepted the challenge

1. lurker
2. contributor
3. supporter
4. Now to work on the owner part

#14 ·
Rant
Wow 0.8%, I could fill in a lot of words here that would get me kicked off the board.

People this board is hosted and maintained completely by VOLUNTEERS. Just ask yourself:

- how much time has the information here saved you
- how much money have the ideas provided here saved you
- how many wild goose chases did you avoid by reading what is here

It is a one time contribution, just think of how much you are paying for internet access each month and think about the few bucks being suggested. You saved that in gas by buying a Patriot in the first place.

Rant over, the board may now return to providing helpful information

#18 · (Edited)
i was happy to become a site supporter because the site has helped give me ideas and knowledge on how to go about making my car a truly great vehicle

#22 ·
ads? what ads?

most forums are heavily plastered with advertising (a lot more than this fine site), quite possibly the vbulletin software does not allow for "blocking" of ads depending on "user type". The vbulletin manual online goes on and on and for example on the google adsense integration page there is no description on how to "turn it off"
i have read in other forums how vbulletin is changing their pricing structure, no sure if that is going to affect us here, maybe it is time to UPGRADE my support

#23 ·
I think it's time DMAG added a Level III Site Supporter option for $30 bucks. Or can I buy another Level II and get a Level IV badge? :smiley_thumbs_up:

Thanks for a great site guys!

#24 ·
OK I'm in for my level 3 badge, just consider it part of my christmas shopping Hand Line art Finger Line Gesture
(level 1 $15 + level 2 $20 = level 3.5 !!!)

#25 ·
I'm happy to support. $20 buys me nothing that lasts 20 years these days, and I've had hours of fun - and some bloody good advice so far.

I've also run websites and I know how much time they take. So let's see more supporters, and maybe there'll be more Pats around in 20 years - unless they're banned completely!

#27 ·
How many Site Supporters do we have now? We had 65 back in november, so what it our count now? I'm just wondering how much more work Earthworm and I have left to do.

#35 ·
Senior members ...

I'm a junior member and level 2 .. I appreciate this forum a ton already and am going to contribute as much of my small(but growing) knowledge of our Patriots as I can.

Cheers to those who run things!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.