235/65/17 Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 - Jeep Patriot Forums
JeepPatriot.com   JeepPatriot.com
The Jeep Patriot Enthusiast Resource

Notices

Suspension and Tires Bigger Tires? Lifts? Discuss it here!
Sponsored by Discount Tire

JeepPatriot.com is the premier Jeep Patriot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Enjoy JeepPatriot.com? Has the site helped you? If so, show your support! Become a Site Supporter!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:52 PM

Ride: '12 Latitude 4x4 Copperhead Orange Pearl FD 1
PPiekarski has a spectacular aura about
235/65/17 Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10

So I took advantage of the Discount Tire Memorial day sale, I bought all 4 tires for $118 each shipped to my door, I then went to a shop that does my work truck and got them installed for $20 each.

These tires are great on the beach, there isent many places to off road here on Long Island but there are the beaches, I dont have any pictures yet but I went all over, from deep ruts to soft sand and the tires performed very well with the psi set to 20 psi.

Im very impressed with the tires! They only rub that little piece behind the front wheel when aired down and making a turn but barely.

I do have 1.25" spacers and the RRO lift and these tires make the lift look great!

Heres some driveway pics for now. BTW: The picture of where the tires could rub is with the wheel turned!

How much can I get for my stock 215/60/17 tires? They only have 4,000 miles on them

Engine/Transmission/Fuel tank skidplates-Front tow hooks-2" Curtis tow hitch w/ hook attachment and wiring harness-Deluxe mud guards-Rockford Fosgate R1693 front and rear door speakers w/crutchfield wire adapters-Weathertech digital fit mats/Husky cargo Liner-AVS window visors and bug deflector with Jeep emblem-Exhaust tip-RRO Lift-1.25" spacers-Jeep plate frames-Mopar door sills-K&N Air Filter-Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 235/65/17-Mopar Cross Bars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2013, 09:27 PM

NHPATRIOT has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPiekarski View Post
How much can I get for my stock 215/60/17 tires? They only have 4,000 miles on them
I assume they are the Firestone Affinity's? If so and they only have 4000 miles on them you should be able to get around $300. Maybe as high as $350 if you get lucky and/or you hold out for your price. They actually are not cheap tires so that helps with resale. Around here they average $150 a tire.

I got $200 for mine( asked $250 )with 12,700 miles on them but I had to wait a while and pass on the butt holes offering $100.

I had them on Craigslist and a local want advertiser and finally sold them to a woman who needed tires for her Compass and didn't have a lot of money for new tires. She was thrilled with the deal and I was happy to see them go.

So IMO throw them on CL and in the local want ads for say $350-$400 OBRO and go as low as $300. The key is only 4000 miles.

SOLD
2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude
2.4L CVT 4WD FDI
Old 06-05-2013, 09:37 PM

Thank you

I just posted

http://longisland.craigslist.org/pts/3852096331.html
Engine/Transmission/Fuel tank skidplates-Front tow hooks-2" Curtis tow hitch w/ hook attachment and wiring harness-Deluxe mud guards-Rockford Fosgate R1693 front and rear door speakers w/crutchfield wire adapters-Weathertech digital fit mats/Husky cargo Liner-AVS window visors and bug deflector with Jeep emblem-Exhaust tip-RRO Lift-1.25" spacers-Jeep plate frames-Mopar door sills-K&N Air Filter-Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 235/65/17-Mopar Cross Bars

Last edited by PPiekarski; 06-05-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Seriously Addicted

Ride: 2009 Liberty KK 4x4
MB is a jewel in the rough
I'd agree 100% with NHPatriot. The Affinitys are not a cheap tire at all.

If you can store em for a little while I'm sure you can get 350.00 out of them. Some people don't like the Affinitys but I haven't had a problem with mine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2009 Liberty 4x4 "Yankee"

MB's Build Thread
Old 06-05-2013, 10:59 PM
super duper moderator

Ride: 2012 Jeep Patriot FDII
aroundincircles is a jewel in the rough
Looks great!

I am running 245/65-17's, so i had to cut the plastic and hammer that pinch weld down, so it doesn't rub. after these tires wear down, I am thinking of going to a 235/65 on my 17" and get a set of MT's on 15" for when I go off road, the 245/65's are a heavy tire...

www.youtube.com/user/Jeeppatriotchannel/videos
aicoffroad.com
Old 06-06-2013, 12:25 AM

Ride: 2012 Rav4 Limited 4wd V6, former 2011 Limited FDII
MrJeepR44 is a jewel in the rough
Very nice PPiekarski, your build finally looks complete! Seriously, your lift and tires look fantastic!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:51 AM

Thank you!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:57 AM

NHPATRIOT has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPiekarski View Post
Good luck with it. You will get people who will try and tell you local pricing is only $100( just an example )a tire or who will try and use internet pricing to say you are asking too much compared to new tire cost. You need to be prepared for these scenarios as they almost certainly will happen.

On the internet cost comments remind them that means shipping costs have to be taken into account as well( unless they get some kind of free shipping deal ). For tires shipping can add anywhere from say $10 a tire to $30 a tire depending on where they come from to get to your local area.

For those saying local tire prices are dirt cheap I would suggest you grab some local prices( can ususally get local pricing right online )to have on hand as info to defend your price like I always do when selling used tires. I have had people try and tell me for instance that Sam's sells a tire I am trying to sell for less than I am asking. I can always backup telling them they are misinformed.

If they were serious buyers who just didn't know what the tires really sell for new it usually is ok and you being informed and able to show your price is fair actually makes them trust you more and feel the deal is better. If they are butt holes lieing to lower the price they usually go away at that point. No big deal as you don't want to deal with them anyway and it is good they vanish.

As said, you may get a serious buyer who just doesn't really know what they sell for new so you can show them and many times it seals the deal. They see they can get your 4K tires for like 60% of what they cost new and suddenly your $400 looks a whole lot better when new they are $600+. I usually am able to unload my used tires within a couple weeks max. Took longer this time simply because they had 12K+ on them. Usually I am selling OE take off's with less than 3K similar to you so they go much quicker.

This is an example of the CL ad I ran on my tires to show what I mean plus it is how I try and approach selling used tires( give as much info to help sell them and justify your price as you can PLUS it shows you know what you are talking about and keeps a lot of the butt holes away )...

Quote:
P215/60R17 Firestone Affinity Tires F/S (4) - $250

Up for sale are (4) Firestone Affinity Touring( OEM ) All Season tires. These are the tires that came on my 2011 Jeep Patriot( bought new ). These tires are appropriate for use on passenger cars, mini vans, and small suv's and cuv's. Tires have 12,700 miles on them. No tread area or sidewall damage, no uneven wear or chopping/cupping, and no patches. Tires are in excellent shape. All 4 tires have approx 8/32 of tread depth left. These tires should be good for another 25,000 - 30,000 miles with proper care. These tires do a good job in the snow and give a smooth and quiet ride. I replaced them as I wanted to get bigger tires on my Jeep. Asking $250.00 "CASH" for the set. 1st person with green in hand takes them. Willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet for the sale. Serious inquireries only please.

Local & internet tire prices below to compare buying these tires new as of 1/11/2013:
Tirerack = $142 each + $48 shipping( my zip code )
Onlinetires.com = $127.99 each + $83.91 shipping( my zip code )
Town Fair Tire = $164 each
Firestone Complete Auto Care = $168.99 each
Sears = $167.96 each
Expert Tire = $168.99 each
Tire Warehouse = $159.99 each
Monro Muffler & Brake = $174.99 each
Simpletire.com = $132.74 each + $65.52 shipping( my zip code )
TireMonkey.com = $146 each + shipping/install( varies )

Tire Specs:
Size - P215/60R17
Load Index = 95
Speed Rating = T
UTQG = 500 AB
Max PSI = 44
Tread Depth New = 11/32

NOTE - STOCK TIRE PHOTO( NOT ACTUAL TIRE FOR SALE )

SOLD
2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude
2.4L CVT 4WD FDI

Last edited by NHPATRIOT; 06-06-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Equal Opportunity Mod

Ride: 2011 dark charcoal pat ,71 k/5 blazer,2006 banshee
480KREEPIN has a spectacular aura about
Wow, ppiekarski it looks really good! "complete" welcome to the hankook club...i really like mine! They Even have 100,000 mile warranty On the h727s! Glad u like them. Take some more pics if you get a chance.

Viper alarm,Kenwood in dash dvd,Pioneer 800 watt amp,Pioneer 12" subwoofer,3m tinted windows,euro shorty antenna,18x8.0"Kmc Rockstar rims,Hankook optimo h727 tires 225/55,Mopar cargo mat,compass shift knob,(jeep) steering wheel cover,vht smoked tail lights & turn signals,avs vent visors,k&n air filter,60 series flowmaster,3.5" flo_pro tip,black pipes,3"nerf bars,cross bars,green led interior,Rugged ridge matts,jeeppatriot pride stickerlasti-dipped badges & grill
Old 06-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Supporting Vendor

Discount Tire is on a distinguished road
PPiekarski, thanks for your support. The tires look great. Thanks for taking the time to post photos and your initial thoughts.

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
Tire Calculator
Current Promotions
Interactive Wheel System
Wheels & Tires 101
Old 06-21-2013, 09:52 PM

Old 07-12-2013, 06:54 PM

Ride: 2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X 70th Anniversary
Chrisjay23 is on a distinguished road
Do the Hankooks make much noise?
Old 07-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Equal Opportunity Mod

Ride: 2011 dark charcoal pat ,71 k/5 blazer,2006 banshee
480KREEPIN has a spectacular aura about
mine don't. do the dyanapros Ppiekarski? my tires are quieter than the the the stock ones.

Viper alarm,Kenwood in dash dvd,Pioneer 800 watt amp,Pioneer 12" subwoofer,3m tinted windows,euro shorty antenna,18x8.0"Kmc Rockstar rims,Hankook optimo h727 tires 225/55,Mopar cargo mat,compass shift knob,(jeep) steering wheel cover,vht smoked tail lights & turn signals,avs vent visors,k&n air filter,60 series flowmaster,3.5" flo_pro tip,black pipes,3"nerf bars,cross bars,green led interior,Rugged ridge matts,jeeppatriot pride stickerlasti-dipped badges & grill
Old 07-13-2013, 03:36 AM

Ride: 2013 Patriot 4x4 Sport
glassyeyes is on a distinguished road
Those the are the tires I use, same size as well. No noticeable change in road noise from the stock tires, but I'm planning on using some dynamat in the doors further down the road to combat that. The handle great in the mud and dirt as well.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -George Orwell
Old 07-28-2013, 06:34 PM

I've heard no added noise from the tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.