Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Patriot Belly Pan Fastener

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Jeep#2 
#1 · (Edited)
Removed my belly pan for the oil and filter replacement and noticed that a fastener seems to be missing from the center of the pan. Anyone else notice this or do you have a fastener at this location like the pan design suggests?

#2 ·
Mine was the same way. Problem is that after a period of time the cover will sag thereby increasing the gap between the oil pan and the cover. Then, when you are on a rough road the cover jumps up an down and hits the pan making a tapping noise which will certainly be misconstrued as imminent doom by many or most. Go to the auto parts store and get a fastener and plug it in. Paranoia avoided! By the way, removal of the cover is not necessary for the oil and filter change.

#11 ·
Huh? How is it a "Cleaner Change" No oil gets on the backside of the belly pan unless you have no clue on how to change the oil or have the wrong tools for the job..

Lot of extra work for nothing, its not designed to be removed for each oil change.

Bet the dealer will laugh at you and then gladly charge you a huge price for a clip you should not need.

#7 ·
Yea, mine was also missing. I picked up a 1/4" J-nut and a 1/4-20 stainless steel bolt and washer from Home Depot and bolted it in. According to the dealer, there's supposed to be a chunk of foam padding there to keep it quiet. I was also missing a plastic clip off the lower front bumper cover where it attached to the lower radiator support on the passenger side. I had posted a thread about it a long time ago and several people were missing the same clip.

Here's my old thread with some pictures: http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22117

#8 ·
Thanks for the update. Read thru your old thread and it appears the dealer may not have a clue. I'm still trying to get my wavy inside rear view mirror squared away. I was on a road trip in Texas and stopped by a dealer to have him check his mirrors on his new units and they were as bad as mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.