Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Fender Flares

39K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  brendapoe1955 
#1 ·
Anyone else think that some fender flares for the Patriot would look amazing? i don't think anyone makes them (at least i haven't been able to find any)

i'm dying to see what a lifted Patriot with fender flares (the bolt on look ones) rugged wheels and some meaty tires would look like.

i think that with the lift and fender flares you could widen it's stance and put some real tires on it.

#2 ·
Chrysler dropped the ball with the fender design on the Patriot. The fender should have been flat, with a bolt on flare like the old Cherokee. Also, the flare should not extend onto the rear door, which will be the real issue adding a nice/tough looking flare.

#7 ·
I agree.....Chrysler should have had flares on the Pat from the start. BUT don't let the fact that the rear flare extends on to the rear door keep you from making something. after all, the Liberty has the same setup and looks pretty cool.

maybe modify some Liberty flares for a Patriot? just a thought.....

#3 ·
Ew! No, flares would look terrible on the Pat. Sorry, it's not a Cherokee.

#4 ·
I've considered this myself. Contrary to Dawson's opinion, I think it would look good, if not taken to extremes. The rear doors would be a challenge. I'm giving thought to painting the lip around the wheel opening to look like a flare. Flat black to match the trim, also painting the wheel spokes to match. @$500 to have it done professionally.

#13 ·
This is a great dream vehicle. The problem is, there is no mechanical way to get the rocker up even with, or above, the wheel hub center on the Patriot without major suspension reconstruction. The physical design limitations of independent suspension are most surely to one thing standing in the way of Patriot being a great Jeep rather than a good Jeep.

#12 ·
Just an idea.
If you replace the black inner fender screws with metal/chrome ones the Pat should look more rough.
They are pretty good visible from the outside so i guess they will grap attention ones replaced.

#15 ·
Has anyone ever looked into painting the flares with Rhino Liner? It could be a good alternative being it can take all kinds of punishment.

#18 ·
I saw some pics of a 2011 Orange Patriot with the fenders painted black, it looked great.

Attachments

Reactions: Ignatz
#19 ·
As soon as I saw this I was like deffinately doing this. I'm going to use plasti-dip so if it comes out bad I can do it over. I already did my emblems with it and plan to do the wheels. Cant say enough good things about the stuff. It gives you that great flat black finish without the worry of ruining anything. :D

#22 ·
Not yet i haven't had enough time to set a side where I can get all these things done. I'm finishing up my last semester of college in a couple weeks and will have a lot more free time once my work schedule changes. I just ordered some new speakers for the doors that should be here tomorrow so I'm gonna get that done first, then move on to do the wheels and fenders. I'm definitely planning on doing it within the next month.

#23 ·
http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80481found a member who did it, I think he had the stock 16s and it made them look even smaller, because it looks like the gap between the tire and well is even greater... maybe with those cragar 16x7 and some a/t it would look sweet, but i guess that's the whole point of the plastic spray stuff, if you don't like it, just peel away.

#24 ·
It doesn't look bad I could see how the smaller wheels with smaller tires could make it look like that. I think the lighting has something to do with it too. But overall it doesn't look bad. Once I need new tires I'm planning to get bigger ones too.

#28 ·
Anyone else think that some fender flares for the Patriot would look amazing? i don't think anyone makes them (at least i haven't been able to find any)

i'm dying to see what a lifted Patriot with fender flares (the bolt on look ones) rugged wheels and some meaty tires would look like.

i think that with the lift and fender flares you could widen it's stance and put some real tires on it.
Black Textured Fender Flares Replacement for J-eep Cherokee XJ 4-Door 1984-2001 with Front & Rear Wheel Fender Flare 4 PCS Set.. These ones look like they'd fit

#29 ·

I hope you find them.I order a set over a month ago.dont have them.Im trying to call the place to get my money back or send me my fender flaires.