Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Rear wiper problem

20K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  Acahplakukuk 
#1 ·
My rear wiper stops at different spots while wiping the rear window it is weird Has anyone else had this happen.I guess I am going back to the dealer.Tried turning car off and retrying it and tried the old hit it and see if it works nut no luck

#6 ·
on my pat the rear glass was replaced and when they put the wiper back on they did not tighten it up enough and it did not work properly. i just tightne the nut a bit more and it works fine now. Hope you get it fixed....

#8 ·
I figured it out myself It is # 16 fuse inside your fuse box it is weird because it says it is only for accessory power but it does effect the wiper??? I just decided to go to the back to the basics and check my fuses and I saw it blown and then I tried the wiper and it worked!!

Reactions: JeepJim
#10 ·
they probably just changed the fuse lol.No problems since changing the fuse. I thought I would post this in case anyone else had this weird problem.The other weird part was that my 12volt accessory worked for a while before it went out completely (I was wondering why the green light for my GPS was not bright green like it usually is)

#15 ·
I replaced mine with a 20 amp fuse instead of 15 amp and have never had a problem again.I think it has to do with whatever your plugging in to your cigar lighter I don't think it was all supposed to be all in one (accessory and rear wiper) but who knows

#18 ·
We have a rear wiper?! I'd better check--I've never use it!

#19 · (Edited)
All the things on Fuse #16 (based on wiring diagrams):

Rear Wiper, Sunroof (if equipped), AC outlet (if equipped), 12V outlet

Rear Wiper, Sunroof, and AC outlet on the same wire from the TIPM.
12V outlet has its own wire from the TIPM.

#23 ·
Thanks Joe, appreciate that information. I hadn't had a chance to look up to see what all ran off that fuse.

I did try a 20 amp fuse just to see if it would hold and it popped last night too. I have checked to see if there are any codes (using my scan gauge II) and it's not showing any. I know the dealer can see more than the scan guage. I just haven't had the time to go to the dealer (its an hour from me) for a something as trivial and silly as a cigarette lighter, rear window wiper, or 110 outlet.. all three of which hardly get used.

I'll probably try to take it in tomorrow or monday since I am off.

#25 ·
I'd go for a electrical short from wiring or wiper motor problem. Go to the dealer. Changing fuse so many times shows problem is elsewhere. Higher amp fuse may work but might damage something. Have this checked at dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.