Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Recall ??

25K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Ghost Soldier 
#1 ·
Hi,

I just got this email from my dealer on my just purchased 2008 Patriot:

September 10th, 2008

Vehicle Repair Information

We would like to notify you of a rapid response that is due on your 2008-2009 Compass-Patriot of Caliber Response # 08-070 Lower Control Arm (LCA) to Cross Member Mounting Bolts. This is a Factory Requested Repair and will be completed on your vehicle and no charge to you. This repair is to inspect, tightened and/or replace lower control arm due to a popping or snapping sound on bumps from the suspension. Your vehicle must be inspected regardless if you are experiencing this noise or not.

Please call (801-693-2200) ask a service advisor to setup an appointment at your earliest convenience so this repair can be completed on your vehicle. As a thank you for your prompt attention, ask about your free 23-point vehicle check over.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

I can't find any information about this "recall" on the Jeep.com website when I put in VIN.

What gives ?????????????

Thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
Great info Shalbern - I have experienced the front end 'clunk' since on my 08FDII since new as have many others. Looks like this may be the fix. Is there any chance that you could scan the letter from Chrysler? I would like to have a copy in hand when I visit my dealer....

#7 ·
wow that is awful nice of them you would think they'd fix the roofs too. There is one poster here that had a bad leak with SEVERAL "fixes" from the dealer, they ended up buying it back, his replacement, you guessed it, leaks!
//off topic ceb I am from Lr area (alexander) I just placed an order for my jeep thru AAFES(factory direct) I will pick it up from COOKS JEEP in december. nosirrahg bought his from Cook jeep too. I remember when i left Arkansas in January I only seen one patriot. maybe all three of us could meet up.

#11 · (Edited)
crossmember bolt recall

Yeah, I just got a call 15 minutes ago from the dealer (wow, that's a first!) on my 2008 with 1500 miles. Interesting, because I thought I was hearing maybe a little unusual front end clunking or popping when I'd hit a bump. I said how about today at 1:00. They said fine ..takes about 40 minutes. UPDATE. Just got back after having it taken care of. Service Mgr. said if bolts appear to have not been properly torqued at the factory, they replace the bolts ?(which is what they did).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.