UConnect 430/RBZ - Jeep Patriot Forums
JeepPatriot.com   JeepPatriot.com
The Jeep Patriot Enthusiast Resource

Notices

Interior Interior questions and modifications.
Seats, dash, rollcages, mounts and misc

JeepPatriot.com is the premier Jeep Patriot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Enjoy JeepPatriot.com? Has the site helped you? If so, show your support! Become a Site Supporter!
Old 03-05-2014, 11:28 PM

Ride: 2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude.
roll_eli is on a distinguished road
UConnect 430/RBZ

I have several questions regarding the UConnect 430/RBZ in my 2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude.

The way I understood it, there were supposed to be 2 USB ports, one on the faceplate, and one in the glovebox...is this correct? If it is, I am missing the glovebox port.

My second question is about the voice command. When I press the button, it says it's not supported, but the option under the "Build and Price" describes it as "Uconnect® 430 CD/DVD/MP3/HDD with 6.5-inch touch screen, 40GB hard drive with 28GB available, Album Artwork, Audio Jack. Uconnect® VOICE COMMAND with Remote USB Port and SiriusXM Satellite Radio, available on select models."

My last question (for now anyways haha) is about video playback...everywhere I read, says it supports DVD video playback while in park. HOWEVER, when I inserted my DVD of The Hobbit to try it out, all I got was gorgeous sound, without video. Anyone know how to get this to work?

Thanks for the help anyone can provide!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Railroad photographer

Ride: 2014 Patriot and 2015 Toyota Corolla
SBDFAN will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_eli View Post
I have several questions regarding the UConnect 430/RBZ in my 2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude.

The way I understood it, there were supposed to be 2 USB ports, one on the faceplate, and one in the glovebox...is this correct? If it is, I am missing the glovebox port.

My second question is about the voice command. When I press the button, it says it's not supported, but the option under the "Build and Price" describes it as "Uconnect® 430 CD/DVD/MP3/HDD with 6.5-inch touch screen, 40GB hard drive with 28GB available, Album Artwork, Audio Jack. Uconnect® VOICE COMMAND with Remote USB Port and SiriusXM Satellite Radio, available on select models."

My last question (for now anyways haha) is about video playback...everywhere I read, says it supports DVD video playback while in park. HOWEVER, when I inserted my DVD of The Hobbit to try it out, all I got was gorgeous sound, without video. Anyone know how to get this to work?

Thanks for the help anyone can provide!
Question 1: If you had a 130S radio as original equipment and upgraded to the 430 RBZ you would have two USB ports. The Patriots with the 430 RBZ standard does not include the glove box USB port.

Question 2: Look at your window sticker and see if you got the uConnect Bluetooth with Voice Command as an option (should be a $495 option). If you do not have this option you will not have voice command. The 430 RBZ is a uConnect radio technically and all of the 430 radios have the voice command button but it won't work unless equipped with the uConnect package.

Question 3: Make sure the car is not in drive. The DVD will play if you put the car in park and hit the "view video" soft key on the radio. Once the car is in park you can cut the vehicle off and still watch the DVD.

Hope this helps If your Patriot did not come with the uConnect option you can have the dealership order and install it for you.

Mods: Jeep shift knob/Jeep valve caps/Creation stickers/430 RBZ radio/bright exhaust tip/Mopar cargo liner/RF R1693 speakers
Old 05-16-2014, 12:34 AM

Ride: Her- 2014 Jeep Patriot, Him-2004 Dodge Dakota 4.7
katozzi is on a distinguished road
We also have a 2014 with the uconnect 430. We also have voice command and all the bells and whistles. I have not been able to find the glove box USB either! The sales guy told us it should be there, but never pointed it out! (although the sales guy didn't really know a lot about it anyway). Maybe we need another $100 option or something!
Old 05-16-2014, 09:39 AM

Ride: 2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4WD FD1
Confactor will become famous soon enough
2014 jeep patriot lattitude here with the 430RBZ installed.

1 - the glove box usb i missed it at first, try opening the glove box and looking up, mine is mounted on the upper left portion when opening the glove box..

2- is it saying that the phone your using isnt supported? what kind of commands are you trying to prompt? your pressing the voice button and not the phone button correct?

i have a nexus 5 that was not compatible with the uconnect system until i updated the phone, then it synced flawlessly and the text message function works well.

someone else will be better qualified to answer the video question.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:45 PM

Ride: 2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude.
roll_eli is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confactor View Post
2014 jeep patriot lattitude here with the 430RBZ installed.

1 - the glove box usb i missed it at first, try opening the glove box and looking up, mine is mounted on the upper left portion when opening the glove box..

2- is it saying that the phone your using isnt supported? what kind of commands are you trying to prompt? your pressing the voice button and not the phone button correct?

i have a nexus 5 that was not compatible with the uconnect system until i updated the phone, then it synced flawlessly and the text message function works well.
I looked there for the USB, still nothing, the dealer is saying it doesn't come with the package. This is what the Jeep website says when you add the option of the UConnect 430
"Uconnect® 430 CD/DVD/MP3/HDD with 6.5-inch touch screen, 40GB hard drive with 28GB available, Album Artwork, Audio Jack. Uconnect® Voice Command with REMOTE USB Port"

The Remote USB is what allows you to use your radio controls to control the phone (so I'm told).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.