Where are the Patriots headlight adjusting screws - Jeep Patriot Forums
JeepPatriot.com   JeepPatriot.com
The Jeep Patriot Enthusiast Resource

Notices

Electrical and Audio Discuss stereos, NAV, general wiring, lighting & GPS

JeepPatriot.com is the premier Jeep Patriot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Enjoy JeepPatriot.com? Has the site helped you? If so, show your support! Become a Site Supporter!
Old 01-29-2013, 01:16 AM

Ride: 2011 Jeep Patriot North Edition
paulmackie will become famous soon enough
Where are the Patriots headlight adjusting screws

Hi,
Does anyone have a picture of where the 2011 Patriots headlight adjusting screws are.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 01:22 AM

Location: Breaza , Romania and Nea Trapezounta-Katerini , Greece
Ride: 2.0 CRD LTD,CRDSTU, 1,25"spacers , skidpl8s & more
goguadi will become famous soon enough
don't have a pic,but they are on top of the lamp and you have access through the front black console.
you must use an allen type screwdriver.

2.0 CRD Limited,Lifted with StuCoils,1.25" wheel spacers,engine-transmission&gas tank skidplates,6000K HID conversion kit,rear parking sensors,tow bar,235/65/17 GENERAL GRABBER UHP 108V on League 208 Nocturne rims (summer tires),245/65/17 Lassa Competus A/T on stock rims (winter tires), chrome grille,Patriot door sill guards,Startech Lifestyle leather interior,Husky Liners,Jeep aluminium pedal and dead pedal set.

Nothing like the sweet smell of Diesel
Old 01-29-2013, 02:19 AM

Hi,
I am not sure if you mean the front grill or some part of the plastic covering the headlights?

Here are pics of my headlight.
https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=C363A...B363ED8368!133
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=c363a...B363ED8368!134

There is an oval plastic cover over the headlight assembly that is one piece and goes the full width of the car to the other headlight; there is a slot at the front in the centre of each headlight, but I can't see any adjusting screws, do I have to remove the plastic cover to get to the adjusting screws?
Or, do you mean the front grill?

Last edited by paulmackie; 01-29-2013 at 02:39 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 AM

Ride: 2011 Patriot
Metaxa is a glorious beacon of light
Its 1 in the morning here otherwise I'd run out and confirm but...

I have read on this forum that the adjusting screw is grey plastic and is on the top of the lamp assembly which is under that black plastic shroud that runs from side to side...the one you refer to as "oval plastic cover".
Old 01-29-2013, 05:28 AM

Location: Breaza , Romania and Nea Trapezounta-Katerini , Greece
Ride: 2.0 CRD LTD,CRDSTU, 1,25"spacers , skidpl8s & more
goguadi will become famous soon enough
as above

2.0 CRD Limited,Lifted with StuCoils,1.25" wheel spacers,engine-transmission&gas tank skidplates,6000K HID conversion kit,rear parking sensors,tow bar,235/65/17 GENERAL GRABBER UHP 108V on League 208 Nocturne rims (summer tires),245/65/17 Lassa Competus A/T on stock rims (winter tires), chrome grille,Patriot door sill guards,Startech Lifestyle leather interior,Husky Liners,Jeep aluminium pedal and dead pedal set.

Nothing like the sweet smell of Diesel
Old 01-31-2013, 02:37 AM

Ok, so I found the grey screw, which is accessible without removing the plastic shroud, but it would only adjust the driver's headlight up.
I then removed the plastic shroud and undid two of the three nuts holding the light in place, I had to add 1/4" of shim to both screws to tilt the light to 2 inches below the centre of the headlight bulb at 25 feet; but the driver's side (left) headlight is about 12 inches off centre to the left (shining into oncoming traffic) and there is not enough screw length to add enough shim to align the headlight?
The car is still under warranty, so I will take it to the dealership.
I was just wondering how does the front plastic grill come off? I loosened 7 screws at the top, plus two bolts, but could not see how the bottom of the grill is held in place?

Last edited by paulmackie; 01-31-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:42 AM

Ride: 2011 Patriot
Metaxa is a glorious beacon of light
You have to remove the entire front end to get the grill out...the fender liners come off, the front bumper cover and the valance come off along with the grill.

Its doable with patience and there are threads on here with pictures.
My search skills don't work with more than 4 beer in me so I'll just advise you to use the search bar above...they are here...

And I have not had to aim my Patriot lamps but based on previous vehicles a two inch drop is way too much. You will be lighting the ground immediately in front of you, not down the roadway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.