Jeep Patriot Forums banner

New control arms already??? $$$

8K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Terasec 
#1 ·
Hello all! I'm not an off roader... I have an 07 Patriot Sport w. 53,000 miles and was just told that both of my front control arms are shot and need to be replaced at a cost of about $700!!! It killed my tires leaving a total loss of around $1300 I'm have to bite the bullet, but I've NEVER heard of this SO early. Is this a common flaw or did I just get some bad ones from the factory? Anything I can do to make the next ones go further? Any advice would be great. Thanks. --Mike

#8 ·
replaced a control arm after minor accident

took a look at them,
THEY ARE HOLLOW!!!
aftermarket should make a better preferably solid control arms,
on the FDII rear control arms have additional braces welded on,
all should come with those additional brackets.
for the welders here, might be worth considering doing so, who knows maybe even make a couple bucks selling them,
either selling complete control arms with additional welds,
or send in control arms, and weld on brackets for a fee?
worth $50 more?
just an idea

#5 ·
I had both of mine replaced under warranty because of worn bushings. My front end suspension was making crazy clunking noises.

#6 ·
i took my pat in for an alignment and the guy put it on the lift and came right back to me and said i needed new tie rods and bushings or somethings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.