Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Patriot to be discontinued

15K views 85 replies 18 participants last post by  jonah_surly_charmer 
#1 ·
According to the Yorkshire Post newspaper motoring section.

In the review of the new Compass, the journalist mentions that the Patriot will be disconinued in 2014 with anticipated sales of 13,800.

To me, it looks like the new Compass' styling is combining the two models.

does anyone else know anything more ?

Miff

#2 · (Edited)
Discontinued in UK June 2011----wont last in UK into 2014---Its almost dead!! New Compass is also a stop-gap model , that will also be deleted by 2014. New 2014 models will be FIAT platform/engine based. Also small Jeep in 2014-15 probably Not based on Panda !!

#6 ·
+1

#8 ·
With proper advertising, good fuel economy, a redesigned Fiat/Chrysler drive line, and traditional boxy XJ Cherokee styling, Jeep could position Patriot to be the SUV of choice for the future. There is nothing else like Patriot on the market offering this much space, 4x4, and near 30 MPG. Why oh why can't Fiat see that with even a little constructive advertising this vehicle is a fiscal gold mine appealing to traditional Jeep buyers and newcomers alike.

Sure it has its drawbacks. You can not get 30 MPG and have amazing performance in 4x4. Just deal with it. The Patriot is what it is. It is very very good at what it is!

#9 ·
Having owned a Cherokee, both petrol and diesel here in the U.K. since 1993, I wanted the Patriot to be it's natural successor. But, now in my mid-60's I don't do the mileage, necessitating the purchase of a petrol engine (because of the dreaded dpf of diesels). This is where the Patriot cannot compete - because of its lousy petrol engine. I just cannot force myself to buy one of these! The 2011 price hike has also killed any attraction to it, and the impending discontinuance of the Model is a big distraction.
The new Compass is even worse, considered a bxxxxx joke, even the reps. at the local authorised dealership are downplaying it. Not that they have any Jeep cars to sell anyway, and even when they do I can't see anyone with any sense buying one, it's not competitive and it's being discontinued too.

#10 ·
My main concern with the new Compass is , that it seems to aimed at family car /luxury , rather than adventure /utility.It seems to be lacking in true Jeep DNA.

#13 · (Edited)
I managed to get hold of a new Compass brouchure , but its only for the LTD & 70th Anni models .
Sport & Sport plus not available in UK just yet.

It states fuel consumption for the 2.4 gas CVT Limited 4x4 ---

Urban..25.8 Imp

Combined..32.8 Imp

Extra Urban ..40.4 Imp

These figures are not far off what I get from my 2.4 gas Avenger.

My salesman said he would mail me any Bumff / Info he has on the new Chrysler Ypsilon & Delta as soon as he gets it , as they will be available in UK soon ( Yea I know they are not Jeeps ), but my dealership has had nothing to sell for months & are getting excited about new models.

I'm not so bothered about fuel economy , as I am a retired , low milage driver & also have the little 1.4 Skoda Fabia to fall back on.

#15 ·
Do you make numerous cold starts, say small journey shopping trips? And if so do you encounter soot filter blocking, engine light warning glow of impending limp-mode conditions .
For that matter does any member own a diesel Patriot, do low mileage, and have to drive like a lunatic once a week to clear the dpf?
I probably would not hesitate to buy a diesel Pat but am all to wary of the general low mileage diesel dpf problem with the inconvenience of said 'lunatic mode', and any fuel cost saving being negated by altering my driving style.

#16 ·
My CRD 2.0 VW Engine Pat didnt have DPF Thank Goodness !! I know they are the way forward & Euro Compliant , but I dont like the sound of them!!

The VW CRD is no longer Euro Compliant thats wht they swapped to MB 2.2 CRD.

However most FIAT Engines have been Euro compliant for the last 3 years . In fact I was told that Citroen / Pugeot is knocking on FIATS door wanting to use FIAT enines in their cars , so they can build them under Licence!!

#27 ·
Correct the VW CRD does have a DPF in some European markets . However even with this system it still doesnt come up to new European Union exhaust regulations...hence the swap to Mercedes BenZ CRD engines .

#28 ·
Good Day People,

Interesting reading readrding the DPF.
Here are 2 x threads regarding some of the guy's with JK Wrangler CRD's having issues.

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104169

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103988

The 2011 Pat will be at the dealers in 3 weeks time based on what Jeep Aust just told me on the phone. They still can not tell me if the FDII will be here or not.

Looking at upgrading in Dec this year and at present looking at the Subaru Forester Diesel or the new Riot with the 2.2 CRD.

#29 ·
Petrol Patriot U.K.

Does anyone know whether the U.K. will see any 2011 spec. cvt or manual 4x4 Pats or have these already been 'kicked into touch'? April price lists only mention diesels. After numerous contact attempts there's never anyone to answer the phone at my local dealer.. I've now given-up! They're showing on Autoebid but I have a feeling these are remaining 2010 spec.

#31 ·
As I posted earlier , my salesman told me once the 10 remaining Patriots in UK are sold/registered....thats it Deleted.....Finished....End of the road for UK Pats......rendered obsolete......Along with my Caliber & Avenger......

Now where's my nearest Skoda dealer?????

#32 ·
As I posted earlier , my salesman told me once the 10 remaining Patriots in UK are sold/registered....thats it Deleted.....Finished....End of the road for UK Pats......rendered obsolete......Along with my Caliber & Avenger......

Now where's my nearest Skoda dealer?????
My thoughts exactly, triptronic. My only problem will be choosing between petrol & diesel Yeti, but that's a nice problem to have along with lots of model choice!

#33 ·
My Avenger will have to go soon , as its losing money fast & although economy is great for a 2.4 Auto petrol, due to the general economy , I need to get back into the real world of 38---42 mpg.

#34 ·
skoda yeti?

#36 ·
Might even wait untill the launch of the Dacia Duster ---or maybe check out another used Patriot--Havnt completely ruled out the new Compass , when the cheaper Sport& Sport plus arrive in June . Will be having a look at new Chryslers later in the year ( but I'm put off by the fact that they are Lancias ) New Kia Sporage looks interesting ......the possibilities are endless .....

#37 ·
now that you mentioned it,i test drove a duster.
it's overall very good.
not the pat,but i say far better than the nissqn qashqai that it shares the platform with.
not very fancy on the inside option-wise,just offers the basics,but the finishing is of good quality standard.
what i really liked was the transmission.it comes from nissan murano,and has three features;
AWD (80% front 20% rear and electronically adjusted ,like all AWD's)
4x4 Lock,like on the Pat
2WD,to switch on dry roads where AWD is not necessary.I like this option as it is a real fuel saver when driving on highways or dry roads where tou don't need 4x4
overall,i guess i would be happy with one,although not as roomy as the Pat,but similar to the tiguan.considering one in thge future for the mrs

#38 ·
I'm lucky as I dont have need for a big vehicle , there is only me & Mrs. No dogs , no long extended holidays or camping trips . Some times need 4 seats for occasional grandson /daughter shopping trips. Gone past hauling DIY stuff. not bothered about bells & whistles . would like ease of driving , easy to park, comfort , ride quality & easy to get in & out of . Dont know why I am running an Avenger ?? way to big for my needs & not the most practical car in the world.

#39 ·
The Duster is a very interesting vehicle particularly where no bells and whistles are required...£11k!!!! It would have been on my wish list but I gather we have to wait till end of 2012 to arrive in impoverished U.K. I could see it 'cleaning-up' had it arrived earlier but now not so sure.
I guess I'll 'make do' with my wifes Ford Fusion 1.6tdci for now..can't complain really. Did a 180 mile round trip last week, no motorways, and averaged 68.3 mpg. With higher ride it's good for bad backs too, slide in and out of it. :D

#40 ·
I know what you mean !! we also have a 52 Skoda Fabia 1.4 Estate Auto ... a bit low to the floor for us .....but it just keeps on going & going.....& I can shove all the junk for the tip in the back!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.