Jeep Patriot Forums banner

How much trouble have you had with your Patriot (not caused by you)?

• It has a minor issue that I just live with, never tried to fix it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've started the lemon law process on this pile of crap on wheels

• Nothing short of the optional shower group I forgot I ordered

How reliable is your Patriot?

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  joshtimber 
#1 ·
Just curious because when you hang out on these type of forums you get the impression that the vehicle is very unreliable, because let's face it when something breaks you're much more likely to be vocal about it then if it's been fine. So thought I'd just pad my post numbers a bit with another poll.

#3 ·
Had a major problem with the transmission (CVT) on my 2007 plus the classic tie rod problem, but now my 2011 is running fine with nearly 20 000 km.

But I have to say that I am disappointed with their customer services even if they solved the problems. I took a 2011 for the car not the service.

#4 ·
To me "reliable" means won't leave you stranded. I said 100% reliable because mice eating wires (and blowing fuses as a result) is in no way a manufacturing defect.

#8 ·
Perhaps, Mr Mischief´s question would not have to be directed to us but to Jeep. It is they who can handle the statistics of the problems in the Patriot.
We can only provide personal experience, it can be significant for all of us or not
That´s why I try not to read the section "engine and drivetrain," because I recognize I'm a bit hypochondriac (as a doctor, all physicians are somewhat hypochondriacal) and hearing a strange noise minimum, I think "is the CVT?" any sensor fails?.
As in medicine the important thing is the incidence of a given condition
My patriot has 2300 Km, I can not answer the poll because it would lose the value of the result.
I would prefer know, from 1000 Patriots, how many had problems with CVT, ball joints, etc
Sorry, I needed to say this

#9 ·
So far so good, the only problem I've had, my flashlight wouldnt charge. Took it in for an oil change, told the service manager and a week later I had a brand new flashlight. From reading other posts and with 38k miles I am expecting the front suspension to somewhat fail though (father-in-laws a mechanic, so no big deal).

#11 ·
LOL! I took mine in for a new flashlight and walked out the SAME day with a new Pat. Light was my fault. Left it in my pants pocket all night. Must have been on. I thought about sending the bill to Jack Daniels Distillery....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.