Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Ice Racing - Georgetown, Colorado 12/30

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  chicaboo 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay who's going ice racing tomorrow? First fun day of the season. $5 to get on the ice. you must have 4x4 and umm..... I think that's about it. It's a good time. Starts after the tracks are set up, so around 11-ish at Georgetown lake. Hard to miss. Head up I-70 from Denver, look left, you'll see it. Get there early, the tracks degrade as the day goes on creating large holes and big snow/ice birms for you to damage your body on. But overall you should have no problems, audis and the like will be up there I'm sure so you don't need clearance or anything special.

Am I going? No. I have to work. :mad:

The next (and last) fun day of the season is Friday, March 2nd.

#4 ·
How'd the Patriot do? Did you win any races? I beat my buddy is in his tricked out STI, boy I guess that was two years ago now. Overall though the TJ sucks on the ice compared to the competition up there and I only won because he was letting off due to the ice getting torn up pretty badly.

#6 ·
Friday, March 2nd is the next (and last) "fun day". I believe it's every Saturday they race. I think you can go up there and enter in the races, but then you have to do the whole bracket thing and when you lose I think you're out for the day. If you want to just do a bunch of driving on the ice, go on a fun day.

#7 · (Edited)
We did ok considering the first two runs out of three were just goofing off playing with the traction controls, etc. We ran first against a Sequoia (I think) and then twice against the same '11 Sahara. One the last run against the Sahara I decided to leave it in 4lo, pushed it hard, and managed a win.

#11 ·
My buddy in a JK did best with ESP on, and I'd say no 4x4 lock. Of course Mike was getting pretty western about it, kicking it out of 4x4 as he came to a sharp turn, pull the parking brake, slide the ass end around the turn, drop the brake, toss it back into 4x4 then floor it and let ESP figure out how to accelerate out of the turn. Me, I just left it 4x4 with my foot to the fan and waited for a snow birm to turn me. Yeah I screwed up my alignment but nothing 20 minutes in the garage with a pipe wrench and a measuring tape couldn't sort out.

I'm still holding to my "we'll see" position. I want to go, but haven't been to work in a week, think I maybe should put in an appearance. Before I get flamed again, I'm being laid off and I've spent the last couple of days doing interviews, monday and tuesday I was in classes my employer required.

Ultimately, I want to go but I am concerned that I'll break something. Normally not a big deal, just an excuse to upgrade then. But without a sure employment opportunity just yet I think I should maybe try to avoid breaking stuff.

#12 ·
I went and had a ton of fun, I raced liked 10-15 times and lost to pretty much any guy with studded snow tires, I did beat 1 guy with studded tires. I lost to the cheaters... the people who didn't go around the cones right. I beat most of the people with regular tires. Drifting in the pat was fun ;) lol. Best way to race... when starting esp partial off 4 wheel drive lock... then esp full off for the rest of the race. If you want to drift 4wheel drive lock off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.