Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Jeep Patriot 2015?

38K views 78 replies 39 participants last post by  Ignatz 
#1 ·
When I bought my "13 Patriot I read it was probably the last year for the model. Now I see there is a 2014, and when I looked in Wikapedia, apparently 2012 sales were VERY good.

Ok. Compass is gone? Liberty too. Does anyone have any solid info on whether the Pat will continue past 2014?

#2 ·
The Compass has a 2014 model...they are hitting dealerships now. The 2014 model year should be the last for the Patriot/Compass but the financial problems with Fiat (with European sales) has caused a lot of changes to the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep plans this year and next.

#4 ·
I wouldn't say the patriot name will go away, but the mk platform will eventually be replaced. They have sold a ton of patriots. I would expect a new platform with either a more powerful and/or a more fuel efficient power train and an updated 4x4 system. Times march on Chrysler is making more money than they have in a long time and the patriot class is a strong seller, and more importantly a gateway jeep. Who here will buy a jeep as their next vehicle? I know two members have, one to a grand Cherokee and another a wrangler. I just hope it has a strong trail rated option.

#8 · (Edited)
Don't know, we've only had 5 Jeeps, but if I were a betting man.....

We have had a '73 Dodge Tradesman, '75 Dodge Ramcharger and an '82 Chrysler LeBaron, never thought about it, maybe it's a Chrysler thang! All three were well before Chrysler picked up Jeep from AMC.

Yes, the Fiat $$$ problems are catching up with their timetable so the 2015 Pat may be later in the year, like in the fall when you are supposed to rollout new models. :D

#15 ·
If it makes you feel any better, the engine is built in the US. While Chrysler, Hyundai, and Mitsubishi all had their hand in designing the engine, Chrysler brought out the shares of Hyundai and Mitsubishi in 2009. The "World" engine in your Patriot is built in Dundee, Michigan. The transmission on the other hand is a product of Mexico :doh:

#22 ·
I bought my 2014 Patriot Mar 26th. Word is that 2014 will be the last year of the Patriot but the Compass will carry on in some other fashion. They finally got the Patriot perfect for 2014 by ditching that stupid CVT transmission for the 6 speed auto. I hope they at least make them through 2015 but who knows what Chrysler group will do?

#24 ·
Given how old the actual architecture is, it's about time it got replaced. I'm surprised they have made them as long as they have given the original fiat plans to kill them off a few years ago.

I am very anxious to see its replacement...and I hope it keeps the Patriot name!

#25 ·
The Patriot is on track to have its best year yet, but I think a lot depends on what happens to Pat sales when the new Cherokee hits later this year. You never know what will happen - it might end up making sense for them to continue making Patriots for another year or two, especially if the class replacement has had any delays. But I don't think we will see any real news on that until next year anyway. Maybe the Detroit auto show in January.

#29 ·
Another gallon or two would really go a long way if they can pull that off for the new models!!

#30 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

All id ever use the patriot for is a few coast trips on weekends (all highway) and general driving around town, no off road stuff.

I posted this exact same thread on another forum and they had a field day with it and basically told their stories of how much it breaks down.

I will probably go get a 2013 model in a few months. Can anyone tell me what the transmission CVT (2013 auto) and 6 speed (2014)

Does CVT tend to break down alot?

#39 ·
Based on your intended use, the Patriot sounds good for you. I have FWD and its a good highway vehicle: great in New England snow, delivers good fuel economy and has lots of interior space. You will have no fears with light off-roading or poorly maintained dirt roads, but I'd beware of real off-roading without 4wd. The Patriot is not a Wrangler. The Patriot is about as good off road as the Wrangler is on-road -- either vehicle can handle both situations, but they were designed for different purposes.

My CVT was replaced under the lifetime warranty at 110,000 miles in January 2013. That said, I don't see a lot of folks on this site complaining about transmission failures. There are a lot who complain about water leaks and front-end problems, but I've had neither problem.

As with any vehicle, its luck of the draw. Statistics are funny: there are those who own supposedly reliable vehicles who can't keep theirs out of a repair shop. Then there are those who own supposedly unreliable vehicles who never have a problem. Ignatz has 125,000 miles on him and other than the transmission I've had no repairs except routine items (tires/brakes/wiper blades).

I would definitely purchase another Patriot if they don't pull it from the market before I'm ready to buy. Personally I like the CVT performance, but if I'd had to pay for that transmission out of my own pocket I'd probably feel differently. If I were about to buy a new one, I think I'd be a little shy of the CVT based on my experience. If I got another lifetime warranty, I'd go for the CVT instantly. With the autostick its great in the snow -- as good as or even better than a manual.

#32 ·
been on this site for a while and did a lot of research. I would say no. No more than any other vehicle with a tried and true product. its a jatco transmission used by nissan and several other companies on their cars. The 6 speed is a hyundai unit.

only thing, the cvt uses the fluid as a friction surface, so it can be sensitive to fluid level and quality.

#33 ·
I will order my 2014 Pat Lat FDII in March 2014, joining my wife's 2014 Pat Lat 6-spd we have now. We just filled out the Jeep Survey they sent her as a new owner, nothing but rave reviews. Upon completing the survey, we were clicked to the Jeep Mobil Apps site and was incredibly disappointed to see that there are apps for the Cherokee, Compass, Wrangler, and Grand Cherokee, but no Patriot! Damnit Jeep...

#34 ·
I think the CVTs bad reputation comes not from how often it fails, but rather because when it has problems they simply put in a new unit rather than repair the old one. So its expensive when it does fail. If anything, research I did indicated the engine and trans on the Pat are better than average. For example, Consumer Reports gives those components their highest rating for every model year of the Patriot even though they don't like the car at all.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#38 ·
I was thinking about getting a newer 4x4 5sp, but with the intro of the new 'real' auto, I'll have to check them out. MPGs appear to be up to that of the manuals, so its kind of a no-brainer for me.

as for when will the last Patriot be made? my guess the '14s or possibly 2015. both the Compass and Patriot roll off the same line, so I can't see them dropping one without the other. and with Chrysler/Fiat seeming to be running behind on everything they've been doing (like the Cherokee intro), my guess is 2015.

anyone with a '13 or '14 having issues with their sunroofs leaking? did Chrysler FINALLY get that address? I've not been following all of that as I should have. I really want a sunroof.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.