Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Driver seat height adjust

17K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  Hogdad 
#1 ·
not a question, but an observation.

When climbing steep logging roads with the seat in a low position, the hood blocks a lot of the view, especially when cresting a hill into a valley. I had a couple times when I had no idea what was infront of me.

That's when I realized why they put in the driver seat height adjust - to let you sit high when you're driving off pavement so you can look over the hood, and to let you sit low when you're on the pavement so you can see the street lights at intersections.

Use your driver seat height adjust! High for off-road and low for in the city. :smiley_thumbs_up:

#5 ·
I was just thinking about posting on the height adjustment. I love it. It really does enhance the view. I agree, one of my favorite features.

#6 ·
Is there a way to raise or modify a standard seat?

I'm a short guy that used to own a "Trooper" with a raisable seat. Now I'm still a short guy with a stock 4x4 five speed Pat. with run of the mill (low) seats. Is it possible to give them a boost? How? Thank You in advance!

#9 ·
I got the seat in my 26e pkg and love it. When I first got my Riot I rode with it all the way down and now I have it up 8 pulls and love the view in town. As a note I am 6'5" and still have tons of head room. Maybe another couple of pulls are in order!

#12 ·
I love the height adjuster because I am 5 ft. short. I need it up to see regular driving. Nice feature to have. I would not buy without one.

#14 ·
When I first sat in the Patriot as a 6 footer I said to the wife "This is no good there's no head room in it".I looked a right nerd when the cocky sales man wound down the seat height adjustment to his level I nearly punched him in the eye.

#15 ·
It is a great thing, however when my wife drives the Patriot (hers $ baby's anyway) the seat is allways at the top and I hit my head trying to get in, :confused:also have to put it way down to see trafic lights.:blah:

#17 ·
Here Here!!

I swear one of these days I'm going to be paralyzed when I hit my head trying to fit myself to the seat where my wife leaves it. I cuss up a blue streak when I do that (about once a month anyway) too. Hurts like hell and if I just stopped for 2 seconds to look at the seat height, there would be no issue, not nooOOOooo..I don't think (not my strongpoint anyhow).

Of course she thinks it's funny..:mad:

#16 ·
they forgot to put mine in!!!!!!!!!

parts ordered from jeep uk to give me hgt adjust!!!!!!!

#19 ·
I've been very pleased with the manual height adjustment on my Pat. My old Tahoe had power EVERYTHING, including all kinds of seat adjustments, but I prefer the simplicity and reliability of manual seats and I think they did a very good job designing the manual height adjustment mechanism. :smiley_thumbs_up:

#22 ·
The adjustable seat height works just fine for me.

The Pat has quite a front roof overhang, and I find it keeps out much of the sun light and glare, but it is difficult to see traffic lights if I pull too far forward at a stop.

I do have to push my GPS more forward on the panel to clear the roof line to find the satellite system, and the rear view mirror is further forward and out of my way so I don't wack it with my arm.

It's all good.

Barry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.