Jeep Patriot Forums banner

[SOLVED] Anyone in UK had the roof water leak fixed?

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  keratos 
#1 · (Edited)
There's a thread in this forum to a water leak checker guide but the link to the guide doesnt work.

Bought my pat from a dealer in Preston. To be fair to them they did notice and apparently fix the leak before purchase. However, the leak has come again - from the front interior light.

Has anyone had the problem and had it fixed ?

#3 ·
Somewhat stating the obvious and unrelated , but at least your post count is +1

#4 ·
The Pat roof can leak with or without sunroof !!! ( Without Sunroof leaks are usually bad weld sealing under the roof rails . ) The sunroof wasnt an option many UK Pat owners took up . Mine didnt have a sunroof & no it didnt leak .

#6 ·
thanks for the info.

p.s. Typhoon FGR4 whacks an F18 !!!

#5 ·
thanks guys.
Its fixed now.

I sent the garage some Chrysler diagnostic procedural documents, yes I had to send documents to the service dept in the dealership:-

RapidResponse09044
TSB231610a

#7 · (Edited)
Rafale is slightly more nimble than a Tiffy & can land on a carrier ....However the Shukoi SU 27 ( My sig ) would see them both off !!

I was lucky enough to see the F22 Raptor demonstrate in UK .....That plane , in the words of my American friends , was Totally Awesome !!!!

My Avatar is our Museums Meteor F8 . Its being refurbed & resprayed for static exhibit ...http://jetagemuseum.org

#8 · (Edited)
Rafale is slightly more nimble than a Tiffy & can land on a carrier ....However the Shukoi SU 27 ( My sig ) would see them both off !!

I was lucky enough to see the F22 Raptor demonstrate in UK .....That plane , in the words of my American friends , was Totally Awesome !!!!
looks like an f15 or Su27 , since when did F8 have ram air intakes underneath?

I'd be very slightly biased as I was the engineering manager for the avionics equipment on Typhoon (or EF2000 as it was then) and also pioneered sensor fusion modelling on the EAP predecessor.

Rafale is a capable a/c but is not proven operationally although supported recent campaigns in a recce role (or rather 2 a/c did)

F22 is massively, and i mean massively overpriced. No way anyone but Uncle Sam could afford one and even if they could, then because of ITAR the customer would get a significantly reduced a/c

The Su27 is no match for a Typhoon in a stand-off fire and forget scenario. Close in yes, but stand off now way and the Typhoon tactical datalink integration with deployed forces on ground, sea and air is far superior to anything the Su has. Typhoon stores are more intelligent also.

F22 best by far, but for the price one could have a squadron of Typhoons to knock it out from all directions overwhelming the pilot and a/c into oblivion.

#10 ·
#11 ·
Good for you !! Me & grandson will be at RIAT Again this year to see BBMF.

My late Dad was Sgt technical Instructor & Ground crew 625 Sqn ( Lancasters ) at RAF Kelstern , Lincs . This was a satellite of Binbrook .

You can see our Museums replica Hurricane is minus its wings ( Crashed into by a fire engine during the making of the film " The Battle of Britain " Its been stashed in a barn for 9 yrs & this is its first airing for a Museum fund raising Open day !!

Attachments

#12 · (Edited)
Im going to the RIAT. £29 p/p for Grand Stand locations, free parking and a free programme - with BAES.

So was your pop a SEngO ? Thats usually a SdnLdr CO rank?

Shame about the Hurricane.

We had a similar battered Avro Vulcan based at Blackpool Airport. Think it was sold on eBay years ago and ended up in some pub?

#14 ·
Cheers Borderspeed , & dont forget it was 1939---45. he had gone from civvy aircraft maintainance , to RAF Civvy Instructor , straight to Sgt Tech . Instruct. Oh yea complete with Webley 38 & Bicycle . ( Both of which he managed to lose in the next 5 yrs ) I think he managed to get away with it as he seems to have been posted to a new Base every 3 months & I think the RAF lost track of him !!

#15 ·
No probs...my Maternal Grandfather was in the RAF from 1938-1946 as a Cpl Aircraft Fitter....did the Battle of Britain and then out to the Western Desert for 4 and a half years, worked on a secret Spitfire unit, got a Mention in Dispatches...turned down a Commission with the New Zealand Air Force then worked with aircraft for the next 40 years as a civilian with the Navy at Donibristle, Fife and then Almondbank near Perth.

My other Grandfather was a Wireless Op/ Air Gunner on Lancaster's...with that history it was only natural I joined the RAF!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.