Sirius Satelite Radio [Archive] - Jeep Patriot Forums

: Sirius Satelite Radio

GeoK
05-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Can anyone post a picture of the in-dash Factory installed Sirius Satelite Radio System....is it different from the 6 CD Changer?...is the display screen different?...does it display the stations and song titles?...thanks.

giloo7
05-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Picking mine up tommorrow, I'll let ya know.

phil8400
05-08-2007, 10:23 AM
The single CD with Sirius is 100% exactly the same as the non-Sirius. The head unit itself doesn't display with station name, but the EVIC which comes with the driver's convenience package, does. However, it doesn't display song titles.

giloo7
05-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Not to thrilled about the Sirius. I like the features of my starmate and will keep that. I just wanted to know now if I can call Sirius and use my radio as a second subscription to save money.

dryland305
07-05-2007, 01:16 AM
Can anyone post a picture of the in-dash Factory installed Sirius Satelite Radio System....is it different from the 6 CD Changer?...is the display screen different?...does it display the stations and song titles?...thanks.

GeoK, I don't know if you got an answer to your question elsewhere, but I came across the attached picture of the SIRIUS head unit on Jeep's website. Please note that this was in the "Patriot" section of the website, so it should be representative of what you would see in a Patriot (in other words, this picture shouldn't actually represent what the Grand Cherokee folks get). Hope this helps.

Edited to Add: Oops, I see that you've already purchased your Patriot. :doh: Oh well, maybe this will help someone else with similar questions.

Willster007
07-05-2007, 02:08 AM
If anyone has a chance to view the Sirius radio description on the sirius website, it says that it displays the song/artist name and when we asked the dealer, he confirmed that it did. But I have heard several times here in the forum that it doesn't. So confused! Is it possbile just a RDS setting change that needs adjusting? If it doesn't, that was a serious oversight on both Jeep and Sirius. The website is w w w.sirius.com/dcx/jeep/html/index.html
Sorry not enuf posts for the URL.
Any help would be appreciated. Otherwise, once mine arrives in less than a week (Countdown has begun), I'll let you know.

Bobbyt
07-05-2007, 10:22 PM
My Sirrius with 6-CD DOES NOT show the artist or song title. The station name ONLY appears, in both the head unit and EVIC.

Are you saying there's some way to enable or "turn on" that info on the head?

Willster007
07-08-2007, 10:57 PM
:smiley_thumbs_up:My Sirrius with 6-CD DOES NOT show the artist or song title. The station name ONLY appears, in both the head unit and EVIC.

Are you saying there's some way to enable or "turn on" that info on the head?

I'm not sure... I pick up mine tomorrow (maybe - if there aren't any more problems) but someone I know has '08 Escape and his did not show the song/artist name until he performed a setting change on the stereo. Does the manual say anything? If not, I'll let you tomorrow or the next day once I pick mine up.

Willster007
07-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Okay, so after playing around with the Sat. Radio. It appears that the song/artist name only shows once you hit the "info" button when the "info" is highlighted on the screen. It does not stay on all the time.
Jeep/Sirius could have done a better job with the Sat Radio but at least, it does show - once you hit the button. Hope that solves some of the confusion. i just picked mine up on Tuesday and haven't really had a chance to paly around with it. This weekend, though. But nonetheless, it is a great vehicle and very happy with it so far!

rpiotr01
07-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Okay, so after playing around with the Sat. Radio. It appears that the song/artist name only shows once you hit the "info" button when the "info" is highlighted on the screen. It does not stay on all the time.
Jeep/Sirius could have done a better job with the Sat Radio but at least, it does show - once you hit the button. Hope that solves some of the confusion. i just picked mine up on Tuesday and haven't really had a chance to paly around with it. This weekend, though. But nonetheless, it is a great vehicle and very happy with it so far!

I wish Jeep put an Info button on the standard radio too, it's silly that they didn't IMO. That's my only gripe with the radio. One simple button that shows you what's on for a few seconds would be fine. :mad:

Also silly that they make you choose between having an AUX jack and having an Info button for the Sirius, but that's another story...

gbold3
07-14-2007, 12:44 PM
I wish Jeep put an Info button on the standard radio too, it's silly that they didn't IMO. That's my only gripe with the radio. One simple button that shows you what's on for a few seconds would be fine. :mad:

Also silly that they make you choose between having an AUX jack and having an Info button for the Sirius, but that's another story...

:wow: RPIOTR01 say it aint so :( I was just getting close to making a final deal on a Patriot that has the Sirius option (didn't want) and finding that out I guess I need to see if they can switch the radio out for a standard one. Appreciate the info!!

Willster007
07-14-2007, 08:50 PM

Yea, not sure why Jeep chose to not have something as simple as an "info" button included on the standard radio. And again, not really sure why if we rec'd the upgraded radio, that you lose the aux. plug. I live by my ipod so that sucks. It costs $390 CDN to purchase and install the Mopar Ipod integrated kit. Not too bad, I guess, but not sure that I want to spend $ on that, right off the bat.

NoneRequired
07-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Yea, not sure why Jeep chose to not have something as simple as an "info" button included on the standard radio. And again, not really sure why if we rec'd the upgraded radio, that you lose the aux. plug. I live by my ipod so that sucks. It costs $390 CDN to purchase and install the Mopar Ipod integrated kit. Not too bad, I guess, but not sure that I want to spend $ on that, right off the bat.

Easy answer to this.... There is no "info" button on the base radio because the display in the base radio cannot display the text required to show the information. There is a multi segment display that shows frequency or time, and then another that shows Pxx where xx is the preset button, or the Sirius channel. No text capable display exists in the base radio, so no need for an "info" button.

Now, if you have the RAQ radio, the mid-level radio that has no Aux. input on the front) and do not have Sirius radio, then you can use the aux. input that exists at the rear connections of the radio for your ipod input. The song info will not display when used in this manner, but the audio will come through the car speakers. The Mopar ipod adapter I believe, also connects to the CAN bus, and uses the display. Seems expensive to me, but maybe worth it to some.

I have .pdf files of the radio schematics if ya need them to do this yourself.

DanCMH
07-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Easy answer to this.... There is no "info" button on the base radio because the display in the base radio cannot display the text required to show the information. There is a multi segment display that shows frequency or time, and then another that shows Pxx where xx is the preset button, or the Sirius channel. No text capable display exists in the base radio, so no need for an "info" button.

Now, if you have the RAQ radio, the mid-level radio that has no Aux. input on the front) and do not have Sirius radio, then you can use the aux. input that exists at the rear connections of the radio for your ipod input. The song info will not display when used in this manner, but the audio will come through the car speakers. The Mopar ipod adapter I believe, also connects to the CAN bus, and uses the display. Seems expensive to me, but maybe worth it to some.

I have .pdf files of the radio schematics if ya need them to do this yourself.

Ok. I dont mean to beat this to death but you're saying you can have the base radio with the AUX port AND Sirius but you just wont see the song info, correct?

rpiotr01
07-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Ok. I dont mean to beat this to death but you're saying you can have the base radio with the AUX port AND Sirius but you just wont see the song info, correct?

That's right. If you have the EVIC you can see the name of the station there, but nothing else.

And I understand there's no room on the radio itself to display text, but as I mentioned above, if you have the EVIC why couldn't they change it to scroll every few seconds between station name - artist - song title. There's plenty of room for that text there. And to be honest, there's room on the EVIC display for a few lines of text. Why can't one of the push button options be for full a radio display? There's enough room for "Push and hold for more options" or something to that effect, which takes up three lines. Station - artist - title info wouldn't be much more.

Meh, just a little rant there, it's really not a huge deal. :doh: