Site keeps logging you out? Smiles or editor problems? - Jeep Patriot Forums
Jeeppatriot Suggestions / Tech Support Having technical problems with the forum?
Can we make the site any better? Have a suggestion? Let us know.
Testing Grounds - <<-- Test your signatures and avatars here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Site keeps logging you out? Smiles or editor problems?

Everytime we upgrade the site, a common problem encountered by some members is they keep getting logged out or the site does not remember your password when you visit and you have to login.

Some users also have had problems not being able to click on smilies when making posts or using any of the editor functions (bold, itlaics, etc...)

Unfortunately, the problem is on your end. (yeah...cop-out, but listen on!)

You need to clear your cache and cookies. Your browser still has a copy of the old (pre-upgraded) site in it's cache. Hence, it is logging you out of the upgraded site.

To remedy this problem simply go into your browser's options and clear the cache.

This can be done instantly by pressing <CTRL> and F5 at the same time.

or....

In Internet Explorer:

On the Internet Explorer Tools menu, click Internet Options. The Internet Options box should open to the General tab.

On the General tab, in the Temporary Internet Files section, click the Delete Files button. This will delete all the files that are currently stored in your cache.

Click OK, and then click OK again.

In Mozilla Firefox:
Select "Tools", "Options", then "Privacy". Cick the "Clear" button next to Cache.

You will also need to clear your cookies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 03:11 PM
just an average Joe

The problem that I keep running into is that after logging in, upon redirection it appears and acts like I am not logged in (still shows "register" in the middle instead of "user CP" and will not allow me to post or view photos). Occasionally I can try to pick a different section of the site and it will suddenly decide that I really am logged in and other times it will not. I have set IE to always allow cookies for this site, I purge temporary files completely before attempting to log in. I see no real pattern to the problem. It is hit and miss.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephcbecker View Post
The problem that I keep running into is that after logging in, upon redirection it appears and acts like I am not logged in (still shows "register" in the middle instead of "user CP" and will not allow me to post or view photos). Occasionally I can try to pick a different section of the site and it will suddenly decide that I really am logged in and other times it will not. I have set IE to always allow cookies for this site, I purge temporary files completely before attempting to log in. I see no real pattern to the problem. It is hit and miss.
Make sure after you clear your cookies AND cache that you close your browser. THEN re-open your browser and login.

-Anthony

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 06:01 PM
just an average Joe

Do I need to do that each time I try and use the forum (destroys a lot of frequented sites in the process)? This is not a one time deal, it occurs both at work and at home, almost everytime I try to log in.

P.S. I logged in this time without a problem (didn't have to do anything other than log on).
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 06:53 PM

you didn't have to do anything this time because nothing has been updated? Maybe, I'm new to this game, but i did the ol ctrl f5 combo and bam, logged in right away

This post is Trail Rated
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

You should only have to do it after upgrades. They usually occur only once every couple of months.

-Anthony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode