Admin problem? - Jeep Patriot Forums
Jeeppatriot Suggestions / Tech Support Having technical problems with the forum?
Can we make the site any better? Have a suggestion? Let us know.
Testing Grounds - <<-- Test your signatures and avatars here

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Unsponsored Baja racer

Garage
Admin problem?

Wasn't sure exactly if I should have posted this in announcements or Sway Bar instead, but it's pertinent to all of us that own a Patriot.

I don't know how many of you have also noticed this, but we have a slight lapse in forum leadership here. Sandstone has been active as far as I can see, but there's 4-5 other moderators who aren't. Tyler was on a couple weeks ago, but fell to the "mod curse" and sold for a Cherokar Trailsquawk a few months back(poor guy ). Moparnumber1 fell to the mod curse as well. Bondi and 480 haven't been on in months.

I'm not trying to guilt any moderators or anybody here, I know folks have their reasons for going inactive. I also realize the JPATW(Jeep Patriot Around The World) facebook group has more or less replaced this forum for many, and is seeing more new members than this site.

However, this forum remains a searchable wealth of MK knowledge from the earliest Patriot/Compass years. We need new admins to help keep it up. I'd be happy to help with this, if allowed the opportunity. Ignatz still comes by pretty regularly and is well-respected, he would also be a good choice. I think I've seen recent posts from 98rangerdave, he's learned alot and come to be a teacher since he got his 'Riot. And if rcguymike and SREJECT are still up for trolling this forum, they would also be good choices. There's others of course, but for now this is just an idea, and one that perhaps we should consider for the survival of this community. Any other input is of course appreciated.

Trekkie, trucker, Jeeper, potential racer. Don't touch my trumpets.
"For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son, that all who believe in him might not perish but have eternal life" -John 3:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOb8IEyCO1o
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 08:34 PM

Other than people not posting as often, is there something specific that's a problem?

I'm here daily, I just don't always log in or post.

15" Ravine Rims, 235/75/15 Duratracs, CRDSTU coils, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Airbox Baffle Mod., Midland 822 CB w/ 2' Firestik II, Weathertec floor liners.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Unsponsored Baja racer

Garage
Not complaining about bad behavior or anything, just with this site lapsing(not blaming anybody, I know fb can be more convenient), the mods who have gone inactive or sold out aren't being replaced like they were when the site was more of an MK hotspot. The idea behind this thread was to bring attention to this and possibly correct the situation, if enough support could be had.

"For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son, that all who believe in him might not perish but have eternal life" -John 3:16
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 12:43 AM

Garage
I'm here 24/7 & 365 and with a new Patriot will be here for a long time ....... just saying

I agree with rosso tho, why appoint someone as a moderator if they are not here to modetate?
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Unsponsored Baja racer

Garage
In all fairness though croat...just playing "devil's advocate" here.....did you even have any intention of buying an MK when you first joined up? Took you like 3-5 years at least between joining here and actually buying one, as I recall, haha. I'd had mine almost two years when I was blessed enough to happen upon this forum. Been logging in almost every day for about 4 years now.
MrMischief likes this.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Unsponsored Baja racer

Garage
So what do ya say, Sandstone? You're literally the only active moderator remaining, and it'd be nice for you to have some help, eh?

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 10:36 PM

Garage
Maybe someone should outline exactly what a moderator does. Responsibilities, time commitment, etc.
RossoRacer likes this.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 01:29 AM

Garage
Actually yes .... it took a long time for me to buy a Patriot which included selling my Rover which took a long time At first I was a casual user just looking and in like 2012 was active and bought in 2014 and yes like you have been highly active for 4 years now. Right now I'm #2 to Dixie and he's been less and less and the way its trending I'll be there soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossoRacer View Post
In all fairness though croat...just playing "devil's advocate" here.....did you even have any intention of buying an MK when you first joined up? Took you like 3-5 years at least between joining here and actually buying one, as I recall, haha. I'd had mine almost two years when I was blessed enough to happen upon this forum. Been logging in almost every day for about 4 years now.

Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

~George Carlin
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Garage
I don't mind adding more mods as long as the current mods are cool with this. I guess a mod roll call in due as well. Even though mods volunteer their time here, it's not right for them to have the status and are rarely on anymore.

Lee

Check out our all-new Dodge Dart Forums!! If these forums interest you, even a little bit, please sign up today!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 04:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by croat View Post
Right now I'm #2 to Dixie and he's been less and less and the way its trending I'll be there soon
I'm in 14th place. If Wifey ever saw that I have 4,000+ posts She'd take my computer away for a year!

How'd moparnumber1 get that high? Over a hundred million posts? There's something suspicious there.
And the number two spot belongs to a bot? Go figure.
RossoRacer likes this.

Last edited by Ignatz; 12-22-2016 at 04:55 PM.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 04:57 PM

Garage
I can't image what my wife would do for being over 10,000 posts

On these boards you can manually change the ticker to whatever.
moparnumber1 could change his to 958,240,123 if he wanted!
RossoRacer likes this.

Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

~George Carlin
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Unsponsored Baja racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGadmin View Post
I don't mind adding more mods as long as the current mods are cool with this. I guess a mod roll call in due as well. Even though mods volunteer their time here, it's not right for them to have the status and are rarely on anymore.

Lee
moparnumber1 sold his Patriot awhile back, haven't seen him on here in awhile. Tyler traded for a Cherokar a couple months ago, looks like he's peeked in a few times, but like alot of us, is a bit more active on the facebook pages. I give him some friendly ribbing for trading like that, he seems to find it pretty funny. Bondi hasn't been on in a couple years, and 480Kreepin apparently also has traded this site for facebook as far as I've seen. Sandstone's the only mod that's actually active as far as I know.

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 11:28 PM

Garage
So ............ what your saying its a free for all

~George Carlin
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Unsponsored Baja racer

Garage
Lol, not quite, haha. Would be nice to have mods that are active and not as likely to leave, but it's really up to Sandstone and AGadmin at this point.

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat View Post
So ............ what your saying its a free for all
RossoRacer likes this.

15" Ravine Rims, 235/75/15 Duratracs, CRDSTU coils, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Airbox Baffle Mod., Midland 822 CB w/ 2' Firestik II, Weathertec floor liners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode